Chapter 8 (Jangras PoV) Tonight

I sat there for a few more moments, as I watched as Ninks young sister looked at me for just a bit longer. I squinted my eyes at her, at the same time as well, as I could tell that Nink just wanted to get her back to camp. I knew it was a lot of stress in him, to take care of his sister by himself, and also learn how to fight with the rest of the tribe.
Not to mention, it did not seem to be that his sister was too fond of him, as I could tell. I felt a bit bad for my old friend as well, as I knew that he was doing his best. I tried to lock eyes with him at the same time as well, but I saw that his eyes were on his sister.
He nudged her just a little bit, as she looked back at him a bit angry, but at the same time she understood thankfully for him. She nodded back to her big brother, and then she began to walk with him, through the woods, and on their way back to camp.
I felt like I should say something to my friend, to at least, to try and make him feel just a slight bit better, but I could not get the words that I wanted to say, from out of my mouth, as I watched him sadly for me, as he walked away with his sister.
I lowered my head to the ground, as I knew it was too late to say anything at this point. I would say something, once I got back to camp, and we started our training for the day, but I knew that I needed to have my focus on my training, rather than a few words to say to a friend.
I shook my head, as I ran my head a bit, in to the water, so that I could wash my self off, and at the same time, also clear out all of my thoughts. As I sat under the water, I opened my eyes at the same time too. There was a power that the red dragons had over the black dragons too.
It was the fact that, not only were we able to see at night, but we were also able to open our eyes under the water, and see around just a little bit. I was not sure how much that really was as an advantage, as it was not like we were able to fight them under the water.
Just because we were able to see under the water, did not mean that we were able to breath under the water. If that were the case, than I would not be against living my life under water, and eating fish for a living. I shook my head at the same time, as I knew that was not where my thoughts should be at.
I had lifted my head under the water to clear my thoughts after all, not to just get stuck in my hear, over some thing that was completely different. At the same time though, it almost seemed like there was a voice in my head, trying to tell me that it was important.
I wanted to ignore that voice right now however, as I did not want to think on all of the stuff right now, and the war. I knew my father had told me that I had to always keep it in my thoughts, but at the same time as well, I just did not want to do so.
Maybe I had a bit of a rebellious gene in me, and hell, maybe I might have even gotten that from my brother too. Oh how I miss him... I closed my eyes, as it almost seemed like I could smell his sweet scent in the air. It seemed like he had passed on just yesterday, but in reality, it had been over a year ago at this point.
I felt sick, as I wanted to go away, or just run off, and never come back. I did not want to be a part of this war, and I wished that dragons, and humans could just live in peace for once, without having to start something. What also made me sick, was what I had been told by Yikla, was the plans of the black dragons in the first place.
They were here to exterminate our entire species... The species of the humans as well. She had told me that her father had said to all of the black dragon tribes, that this was a war that was started, to end all of the other wars.
At first, as she had come to tell me, that the black dragon tribes were a bit reluctant to agree with Plyma, he eventually got in to all of their heads, that this was what was needed to be done, to end all of the wars. A part of me was saying that it made sense, but at the same time, I knew that it was evil, what he was doing.
As Yikla had also said to me, that her father had also gone to kill some of the leaders of the black dragon tribes, that had refused to be a part of the war. She also had told me, that the black dragons had been planning this war for a long time... Even longer than she had been alive.
A part of me wanted to trust her, as what she had said to me, it had all made complete, and perfect sense. At the same time though, I was still reluctant on it, after all of this, due to the fact that in the end she had betrayed us, leading to the death of my brother.
At the same time though, I also knew that a little bit of it, she had not done so, as she had at least warned us that the black dragons were going to attack us. If she had not done so, than we all would have ended up being dead in the end.
I opened my eyes at the same time as well too, after a bit more time had passed, as I stared down at the water that was in front of me. For a few seconds it looked almost as if the water had been the color red, but after I blinked my eyes just a couple of times, I realized that it was not the case, and I probably had just been squinting my eyes too hard when they had been closed.
I remembered what it was that I had come here to do, at the same time, as I realized how thirsty I had been in the first place. I slipped out my tongue, as I then began to drink the pure water that was in front of me. As I drank more and more of it, it then began to wake me up, and fuel me.
I kept on drinking just a bit more, but not too much, as it would get me sick, and then I moved back, as soon as I had felt as though I had enough. I looked around for a few moments, as I stared up at the view of what was in ahead of me. I looked at it a bit sadly at the same time too, as I knew that it was nothing like the view that we had, in the old territory.
I looked down a bit sadly, at the same time too, as I missed the place. I missed every thing about it, including my family. I had lost Plok, but it almost felt like I had lost the others as well, as they had not been the same, ever since that had gone down.
Mainly my sister, as though I knew that she tried to act strong and brave, I knew that she was not the same, not just physically, as she had lost most of her eye sight, when the battle had gone on, but she also was not the same mentally either.
She felt as if she was some useless dragon, and to be fair, a part of her was right, though it was not her fault at all. I wish my gift, and my destiny, had the power the fix things like that, but sadly, that was just not the case at all. I shook my head, as I looked around, as I had forgotten what I had come here to do in the first place.
I then looked down below me, as I saw the stream of water, that was there. I then realized what it was, as I now felt a lot more hydrated than I had been, just a few moments ago. I then shook my head once again, as I knew that I needed to head back to camp, and be ready for training tonight.
I had remembered at the same time too, that Kota had told me, that there was going to be a meeting later too, and if that was the case, than we really needed to start our training soon. We usually finished our daily training, right around the time it got dark.
It was not usual for Himla, or Socra in the case for tonight, to call a meeting when it was dark outside. I suppose at the same time too, that we did not have much of a choice. It was getting dark a lot faster than it usually did.
I got up, from off of where I was standing at, right beside the small river or stream as I would like to call it, as this was the place that I normally liked to get a drink. It was a bit more secluded, and sure it was not near the usual pond that people drank at, but I did not want to have a lot of people staring at me, like they usually did.
My father told me that at some point, I would get used to it, but at the same time, I was not so sure if that was the case, as it was easy for him to say that, as he was normally in his cave, or out doing something else, but when I popped my head out in the open, or when I was around the camp, I noticed a lot of eyes on me.
It kind of got me a bit nervous, and a bit stressed out, at the same time as well, as I was not sure what to do, or what to say to all of the dragons, as they just normally stared at me when I was on the sun rocks, or they stared at me while I was eating.
I finally got away from the river bed, as a lot of the reason that I came to this place, was so that I could relax myself, and vent out all of those thoughts to my self at the sane time. I had been here for enough time though now, and I knew it was time for me to head back over to camp.
I turned my head around, as I half expected there to be a bunch of dragons sneaking out, and staring at me, but as I looked around, I realized that it was not the case, as I had gone out to a bit of a safe and remote location. I wanted to smile as well, but for some reason, I could not do so.
I shivered a little bit, as it seemed as though there was some thing that was a bit off in the air right now. I was not sure what it was, as I looked all around the woods, and could not see a soul in sight. I shook my head, as I was not sure what was up with me.
It was for sure, a bit more quiet than it usually was out here, as it did not seem that I could not even hear a bird chirping. At the same time though, I knew that it was silly of me to think that, as was the winter right now, and there were not going to be any thing any where out here.
I then began to walk back to camp at the same time too, as no matter what I was still just a bit worried, as it still felt like some thing was a bit off. Had there been something that had happened back at camp? No... That did not make sense at all.
If that were the case, than I would hear dragons yelling for help right now. I shook my head for the last time, as I kept on walking back to camp. Just as I got even more worried, I then heard the yell of a dragon, from back at camp, as it was trying to draw in all of the dragons.
"All of the dragons in the tribe! Come back to camp, training is starting for the day, and we need to set up where it will be for the night!" I heard a dragon yelling loudly. I knew it was loud, but for me, being so far away from camp, it almost felt like the dragon had whispered in to my ear.
I nodded to myself at the same time too, as I knew that I needed to start hurrying back to camp, so that I was not late to the training, like I had been a few days ago. I had gotten in a fair amount of trouble for it as well, as my father had wanted to see how it had been coming along for me.
I flew up in to the air a little bit, as I flew past the trees that were in my way at the same time too. I knew that I was a strong dragon now, and I had some powers that most dragons in this tribe could not even imagine of. I flew past all of the trees like it was no big deal, which could not be done by many other dragons.
I blinked a few times, as I enjoyed the wind that was flying past me, as I had been the one that was flying. I knew that I needed to keep my eyes, and my focus in front of me though, as I did not want to jinx myself, and smash in to a tree.
I knew I was getting closer, just based on the view that was ahead of me, but I also knew at the same time too, that as well, as I heard a lot of voices speaking to each other, a lot louder than they usually were. Once I got to the edge of the clearing, I dropped myself down a little bit as well.
I then saw a lot of dragons, as there were normally when we met up, so that we could split in to the different sectors for the training, but this time, the noise that I heard, was a lot louder than it normally was, and I looked around, a bit confused as to what it was that was going on.
I did my best not to listen to peoples conversations, as I looked at a lot of the dragons. I saw that the ones that were not with any other dragons, in a group talking, had their eyes on the middle of the camp. It made sense that they were not in a group as well though.
A lot of them happened to be cave dragons, and I knew that they did not have very many friends that they could talk to, or spread rumors with. I felt bad for the cave dragons, and I felt that when I became leader, I should give them a more important role around the camp.
If I became the leader I suppose, I was not even so sure what this dragon of destiny role that I was given, actually had in store for me in the first place. I could very well be killed in the middle of this war, and that could be the end of my destiny.
I shook my head, as I looked over at the middle of the camp, so that I could see what it was that the dragons had their eyes on in the first place. There were a lot of tall dragons in my way, so I flew up just a little bit, so that I could see what was going on.
I looked around for a few seconds, as I saw a bunch of warrior dragons up at the middle, ready to split their groups in the pairs at any moment now. It seemed to be normal, so I was not sure what it was that had the dragons a lot louder than they usually were.
I supposed that a lot of them had also heard of the same news that Kota had told me of, not too long ago now. I was just about to lift my head down, that was until I saw a dragon in the middle of the warrior dragons, which happened to be Socra.
I knew that Socra used to be a warrior dragon, long before she got the role of the deputy of the tribe, but she was not leading any of the groups in to the training, as I knew for sure. I saw her notice that I was looking at her, as I saw her then nod to me.
I nodded back to her, as it seemed as though both me and her were thinking the same thing at the same time. I then began to look around the camp, for a friend to talk to, for a bunch of rumors, and then I spotted Kota, and Kip by themselves, talking to each other.
I began to walk over to them, to hear what it was that they might have to say, on what it was that might be going on around the camp right now. As I got up closer to them, I saw the both of them nod to me, as they saw that it was me that was with them.
Kip and Kota looked at each other for just a few moments, as if they might be hiding something from me, until Kip then decided that he was going to be the first one to speak to me. We both exchanged nods with one another, and then I listened to what it was that he had to say.
"Any ideas on what it is that could be going on?" Kip asked me. I looked at him for a few moments, with a bit of a blank look. I was much like the both of them, and I was not so sure as to what it was that could be going on at the exact moment in time.
I blinked a few times, as I realized that the both of them were staring at me, as they were waiting for answers. Even if I did know what was going on, I had been told by Socra not to tell anyone about what went on in private meetings. I shook my head anyways though, as I then began to speak back to him.
"No... Which is a bit strange that she would not have told me before hand... So I am just as confused as you guys... Even if I did anyways, I really would not be allowed to tell you guys." I said to the both of them. Kota and Kip looked over at each other for a few moments.
There stared at one another for a bit, almost as if they were speaking to each other from their minds. It would not be the first time I had heard of that though, as I knew in the last dragon war my father and Plyma could do the same.
I began to actually wonder if that could possibly be the case, but then I saw that Kota turned his head back over to me, and I could see that he had a blank look on his face, telling me that my theory was false. My friend however, did look at me for a bit of some time, stressing me out quite a bit, until he began to speak to me.
"Well... That makes sense... Sorry about that Jangra... We just are a bit worried about your father... Thats all..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as it suddenly began to make sense to me, as to why a lot of dragons had those worried looks on their faces.
I had not even thought about that, but at the same time, I did not let myself get worried over that, as I knew that Socra would have told me right away, if there had been something that had happened to Himla. I shook my head, taking off a bit of stress.
All of us stared at each other for a bit, until in the distance, we saw that 1 dragon in particular, stood up above all of the other dragons, and went to the top of the rock, to address to entire tribe. We all turned our heads over to Socra, the dragon that had done so, as we listened to what it was that she had to say to the tribe.
"Everyone... For those who do not know, I want you to relax, and calm yourselves... The next few days will not be fun... You will soon find out at the meeting tonight..."