Chapter 36 (Jangras POV) Impressive! v1

I stared at the dragon that had just spoken to me, for just a few moments in time, as I was not sure if I could come up with a response to what it was that he had just said to me in the first place, and even if I could, I was not so sure if it would even be worth speaking up to him, and saying it.
I let out quite the heavy sigh, as I could see that there was a lot of confused looks on the faces of many of the dragons around me at the same time as well. They all knew that Lunk had said that I had asked for a challenge, but it was clear to all of the dragons, not just the ones on my team, but on Kota and Lunks team as well, that there was some thing that was not right with the way he was acting.
It confused me a great deal as well, as I knew there were talks behind my back, that many dragons still did not believe that I was in fact the dragon of destiny, even after a while ago, when my brother had come back from the dead, to tell every single dragon in that clearing that evening, that I was in fact the dragon of destiny.
I knew why my father had done that at first, as it was not because he did not think that I was the dragon of destiny, it was more due to the fact that he was angry, and he was also hurt as well. With the both of those put together, it did not spell for a very good ending to that evening.
I kept my head dipped low to the ground, not due to the fact of what Lunk had said to me, but more due to the fact as to that day that I had to fight my father. He was powerful, as I was noy going to lie, even if he was not at his peak at the time of him doing so in the first place.
It was not just the fact that my father had in fact fought me, that had me so low to this day, it was the fact that I had absolutely not stood a chance in that fight, as it took no less that a few moments for my father to get in to the position to finish off a weak dragon such as I had felt at that time.
I shook my head at the same time too as well, as I knew that was not where my thoughts should be at right now either. I was still a bit lost on what it was that was going on with Lunk, as I wanted to say that this was a plan that Socra, or my father Himla, had come up with, to test me, but I just was not so sure if that were true.
Lunk was acting quite a bit strange to me, and it freaked me out as well, as I knew that the way he was acting right now, was not normal for him at all either. I shivered a little bit, as I turned my head away from Lunk at the exact same time as well, which I knew that it would only feed his ego to an even higher elevation.
It did not matter to me at this point any ways, and I did not care. I was now thinking 100% for sure, that we did not have a single chance to try to stop them from scoring another point, unless... Of course, I was going to be one of the dragons that was going to stay back, and play on defense with my team.
It seemed to be a fairly decent plan, as I laid it out in my head, as to the fact that it would for sure make it very hard for Lunks team to score, if I was one of the dragons that was on the defensive side. I blinked a few times as well too, as I then began to realize that was a terrible idea at the exact same time too.
I was only one dragon, and there was a lot of strong dragons that were going to be flying my way at the same time too. Even if I some how miraculously stopped all of them from scoring, it still meant that our offense did not have a single chance to get over to the circle, and score our last, and final point for our team.
I knew that if we did not actually win either, just like Lunk had said, it really did not count in his eyes, which was a lot of the reason too, that I felt like this was not really some thing that Socra, or Himla, for that matter, had made him do. It was true to me, that a lot of dragons did not believe that I was the dragon of destiny, even after all of the things that they had seen.
They had a fair point to not believe in that as well, as at certain points, I did in fact feel the same that they did, about my self. I shivered a little bit, and then I gulped as well, as it finally kind like I was coming in to tune with reality, and I was not the dragon of destiny at all.
Surely there must be a dragon that we were not thinking about, that could be the dragon of destiny. Why could it to be my father? It made perfect since as to him being it as well, since he was indeed, such as I was, a son of a leader. I blinked a few times, as I kept my head down low to the ground for a little bit longer as well, as I felt like there was a lot of dragons staring at me right now, and for good reason too.
Maybe I would have that talk with my father in the near future, as I knew that I was wasting a fair amount of time, and my team was waiting for me. I knew that it would get all of them quite a bit down, to see me just staring down at the ground, with out any sort of hope left in our team.
That was not what a leader was supposed to do, and I knew that I needed to act like a leader right now. I blinked as I stared at the dirt that was in the clearing that we were in, in the woods, for just a little bit of some time, until I let out quite the sigh, and I lifted my head up, looking around me at the same time as well, so that I was able to view my surroundings.
I saw that Lunk had his eyes squinted at me, as nothing had happened in this entire time that I had my head low to the ground. I blinked my eyes a few times as well, as I saw a lot of confused dragons looking at the both of us as well, as it was clear that no one had a clue as to what was going on at the current moment in time.
Neither did I, to be fair, as I squinted my eyes at Lunk, a little bit confused as to what it was that he was doing. It was as if he was trying to get me to lead my team, and get my attention around me. I was not sure as to why he would have wanted to help me in this very moment in the first place how ever.
As me and Lunk had a little bit of a staring competition for some time, I all og the sudden saw him nod at me, as if he was trying to get my attention, even though it was clear that my attention was already focused on him in the first place. I nodded back to him how ever, as I tilted my head, not so sure as to what it was that was going on with this dragon in the first place.
I saw a bit of a strange smile pop up on his face, as if he was trying to tell me that he was the bad guy, and he was the protagonist in this strange story that had seemed to have been made up on the go. Lunk did in fact begin to speak to me at the same time as well how ever too, as I then listened as to what it was that he had to say to me at the exact moment as well.
"Alright... Everyone, lets go!" He said, to who I realized was in fact not just me at all. He said it as if he was not the one that all of the dragons were waiting on in the first place. Though I suppose I could not say all that much about that, as it was just as much my fault that we all had been standing there doing nothing for so long. Lunk turned his head back over to me how ever, as I blinked a few times, as I heard him begin to speak to me at the same time too, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me, and only me this time for sure. "You better get your team ready, you're down... Go back to your own side..."
He said it with a bit of a smirk on his face, as he made sure that only he and I could have heard what it was that he had just said as well. I could tell at the same time too, that he was trying to get in to my head, and get me feeling quite a bit nervous, but what he did not know was that did not work on me.
For me, it only made the other person seem to be the one that was weak, and I now felt that this was the perfect chance as well, to exploit those weaknesses, what ever they might be in the first place. I smiled back at him, in the hopes that it might get in to his own head, but as I looked at him I realized that he was not paying me any sort of attention, as he flew past me, back to his own side.
I then remembered as to what it was that he had said in the first place, about that last part, where I needed to go back to my own side, as I remembered that I had in fact been taken down not too long before all of this, and I was in fact technically cheating by staying on the other teams side still.
I shook my head, as I let out quite a loud sigh at the exact same time as well, as I spotted Penta and Nink together not too far away from me, as I then began to head over to the both of them, to try to discuss what it was that were our plans on getting back on them, so that we could score our last and final point.
I also knew at the same time as well, as I drew closer to the both of them, that we did not have all that much time to talk in the first place either. I shivered a little bit, as it seemed like Lunks team was the one that had found our own weakness, which of course was our entire team, as they had scored quite a bit fast.
If I did not come up with a plan just as quick as this one either, than they could just as easily quickly score another point on us, and end the game like the 2nd round had not even started in the first place. It was starting to become clear to me, whilst at first I thought that the half time would have helped us, it instead hurt us.
I shook my head how ever, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I then stopped my self as soon as I was up close with both Penta and Nink at the same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was still not so sure as to what it was that I was even going to say in the first place, nor what it was that my plan would even be.
I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground as I caught up with the both of them at the same time as well. As soon as I did too, I then heard the voice of Penta begin to step up to speak to the both of us as well. I lifted my head up right away, as I squinted my eyes at her too, though she chose to ignore that as she began to speak, and I listened as to what it was that she had to say to us at the same time too.
"Who does this dragon think he is?" She said to us. I blinked a few times, as I thought about being toxic, and saying that he was one of the most important dragons in the tribe, and how he was a warrior dragon, but I shook off those thoughts at the same time as well, as I blinked a few times, hearing her continue where she had left off on talking, as I listened as to what it was that she had to say as well. "This game was not fair at all, and he is out here acting like it was."
I looked at her for a few moments, as I was just about to say some thing about it, but what it was that she had said at the last part, got me to shut up before I had even started in the first place. She had a fairly good point with what it was that she had just said, even if we hardly ever seemed to be able to agree on all that much.
Lunk was in fact acting like this was all some sort of big deal, which had me quite a bit confused as to why he was being so over the top on all of it. I shook my head at the same time too, as I did my best to not dip my head to the ground, as I was sure that was exactly what Lunk would want, and I did not want to give him that satisfaction.
I blinked a few times as well, as I heard the game continue on with where it had left off in the back ground, as I heard a lot of dragons yelling, and many of them getting taken to the ground. None of us seemed to gave a shit at all how ever, as we were all just staring down at the ground below us.
Even Nink, he was always a positive dragon all of the time, seemed as if there was not all that much that was positive at all in this current situation. To be fair as well, there really was not that much positive about any of this at all, and I felt like I needed to lighten up the mood just a little bit.
We had scored 2 points so far, even if they were a little bit cheap, so who was to say that we could not score our 3rd point? I nodded to my self after a few moments, as I then nodded to the both of them, to try to get their attention as well. Both Penta and Nink nodded back to me, letting me know that I could now speak, which I did in fact do so.
"Look... We made it this far... We can still win this... So don't give up... We do need to hurry though..." I began to say to the both of them. I saw Nink nod to me at the same time too, though I could see the normal good happy look in his eyes seemed to be no longer there, as it was clear that he did not believe that we had a chance in all of this at all.
I looked over to Penta at the exact same time as well, as she did not nod to me at all, nor did she have a positive out look on her face either, which of course, was to no sort of surprise to me at all, as I rolled my eyes, and did my best to try to ignore her, and the look that she had on her face at the exact same time too.
The truth was, I knew while what I had said might be true, I did not have a clue as to how it was that we could score our 3rd and final point. There was simply 3 of us, and there was 6 of them defending. We had 9 defenders, but it still seemed like Lunk, and his team were easily bulling through our defense as well.
I shivered a bit, as a lot of the reason that I had said that as well, was in the hopes that either one of them might have some sort of plan as to how we might be able to score our last point. I was mainly hoping as to Nink, as he was the one that had come up with the plan for our defense, but Nink, did not seem to be paying any attention, nor did he seem to have much faith.
I felt almost like I wanted to give up, and just forfeit the game at the same time too, even though the game was tied, and we only needed to score just one more point. I felt quite a bit embarrassed, as I had not a clue what to do, or how to lead them either, which was not a good look at all for me to become leader.
I let out quite the loud sigh, as I heard the battle going on, on the other side of the clearing, as I felt like at any point now, I was going to hear Lunk flying past us, scoring his final point, while his team cheered him on at the exact same time too, as if this had not been an insanely unfair fight, though that clearly did not matter to Lunk.
I shook my head at the same time as well, as I lifted my head up too, as I heard the voice of Nink finally begin to step up and speak in all of this to my surprise as well. I blinked a few times, as I then nodded to him, excited to hear what it was that he had to say, though he did not have that same look of any sort of excitement on his own face at all how ever, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me.
"This was not fair..." He said, as it was clear that he was repeating what it was that Penta had just said not too long before all of this. I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground at the same time as well, as I was quite a bit disappointed by what it was that I had heard him say, as I was hoping that he might give me some sort of hope. That was not the case at all sadly how ever, as I stared down at the ground. After a few more moments of silence how ever, I then finally began to hear him continue to speak, though I kept my head dipped a little bit low to the ground, as I then listened as to what it was that he had to say as well. "What is our plan Jangra?"
It was short, but also a little bit sweet as well, as it all of the sudden woke me up at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact begin to realize what was going on around me, and that we were in a game right now. Not just the game, but also the fact that we were simply 1 point away from getting the victory.
I was really just going to give up with out even trying in the first place, when we were so close to winning? I blinked a few times, as I looked back up to the both of the dragons, and I nodded to the both of them, as I suddenly felt a new life sort of come out of me, from out of no where too.
I cracked a little bit of a smile, though neither of them seemed to want to smile back to me either, as I was about to sigh, until I decided that I was just going to ignore that, as I stared at the both of them for a little bit of some time too, as I let all of the thoughts continue to just race through my head all at the exact same time as well.
As I stared at the both of them, that was when it all of the sudden hit me, as I then nodded to the both of them. I had a plan, as crazy as it might sound too, it might just work, some how. I blinked a few times, as I needed to make sure they were paying attention to me, before I told them what my plan was in the very first place.
I looked over at Nink, as to quite a bit of my own disappointment, he had his head tilted down to the ground, as it did not seem like he was paying any sort of attention to me at all right now. I let out quite a bit of a sigh, as I just shook my head at the same time too, as I then looked over to Penta.
Penta seemed to be just staring at me with a bit of a blank look on the face of hers, for quite a bit of some time as well, as it kind of got me a little bit nervous too. It had me over thinking quite a bit, as I was not sure if my plan was all that much of a good idea for any longer.
It was a plan how ever, and that was better than nothing, and us just giving up and taking the loss with out trying. Besides, I had not even told them what my idea was in the first place, so I had not got a reaction, nor any sort of opinion from either of them. I blinked a few more times once again, as I then breathed in heavily as well.
I then nodded to my self at the same time too, as I knew that I was wasting a lot of time, and at this rate, as to how things were going, the gane would be over. I knew that neither of them were paying me any sort of attention as well, so there was no point in me to even bother and wait for a nod back. I let out a bit of a sigh as I then began to speak up to the both of them.
"I have a plan, but there are not any sort of promises that it would work how ever..." I said to the both of them, in the hopes that it might get their attention, and they might in fact be interested in what it was that I had to say to them. They kept their heads down for a bit longer, as it kind of made me start to lose hope once again, until I saw Nink lift his head up, with a bit of a smile on his face, as he then nodded to me as well. It was exactly what it felt like I had needed as well, as I smiled back at him, as well as nodding back at him. I then began to continue to speak to the both of them, though I was not sure that Penta was listening as I did so. "I am going to go in the front, as I am the biggest dragon out of all of us. You 2 will follow right behind me, and I will try to push through all of them... Once you guys are in... You need to make a plan of how you are going to score."
As I added on that last part, that was when all of the sudden, Penta lifted her head up, and she squinted her eyes at me as well, as if she thought of me as a bit of an idiot, which I was a little bit confused as to why that might be so in the first place, as at least it was a plan, and we weren't just going in empty handed.
Or even worse, we were not going in at all, which it seemed like they wanted to do at the moment. I gulped a little bit, as I held my self in, as I then squinted my eyes right back at her. It seemed to phase her a bit as well, as I saw her dip her head quite a bit low to the ground, as she was now ignoring me all of the sudden, once again.
I blinked a few times, as I then let out a little bit of a sigh at the same time as well, as I saw from the corner of my eye too, that Nink had nodded to me, as it looked as if they idea seemed to be good enough to him, to no surprise at all of course, as it seemed like any idea that I seemed to have, was a good idea to Nink.
I let out a little bit of a loud sigh at the same time too, as I hoped that Penta could have heard it as well, so that she knew that I was not all that happy with the way that things were going at the exact moment, as I was not so sure as to what it was that I should do, if this was not a good idea.
I gulped a little bit, as it was the only idea that I could seem to think might work how ever, as I stared at the ground, though I did not dip my head low, like Penta had done a few moments before now. I knew that I had to be strong now, as this was my time to lead this team to victory.
I was about to smile at the thought of that as well, until I suddenly realized that every thing around me seemed to go dead silent, as if time had some how managed to suddenly stop it self. I felt like I was going crazy, as I then began to look around me, to see if that was in fact the case.
I saw that both dragons around me were still moving in the slightest how ever, which told me that I was a bit of an idiot for some how thinking that it could be the case in the first place. I then began to look around me, a bit confused still, as to why it seemed that it had all gone dead silent.
I saw that there was a few dragons still trying to stop those that were on Lunks team, but most seemed to have a bit of a look of fear on their faces, as I looked to see what it was at the same time too, for a little bit longer. It did not matter how ever, as it did not take long for me to get a response on that, as I then heard the dragon that I had heard earlier, begin to warn my team once again.
"Every one stop him! He got in to the circle again!" I heard the dragon say, as I let out quite a bit of a groan at the same time too, as things all of the sudden began to feel hopeless, just as it had seemed to be not too long before now, as I saw that it was Lunk in the circle, and he was about to pick up the 3rd branch.
He had the same angry look on his face that I had seen earlier as well, telling me that he was not going to let any body stop him either. Not that it mattered all that much either, as I saw, to my surprise too, that all of the dragons that were on my team, trying to defend, were all being taken down to the ground, as if they were the attackers.
I was a little bit confused as to what was even going on in the first place, as I seemed to be stuck in this spot that I was in right now, as I was not so sure as to what it was that I should do either, or if I should try to stop Lunk, as I saw him going out of the circle, ready to head back to his side, to score the 3rd and final point for his team.
That is when it hit me at the same time too, as this time I squinted my eyes at him, as it kind of had me in a little bit of a fit of rage at the same time too, as I then got off of where it was that I had been standing with Nink and Penta long before all of this, as we were still on our own side.
I then suddenly got a little high up, but not too high as to where it broke the rules, and then I began to chase after Lunk, as I saw he had quite a clear lane to score, as I saw quite the smile on his face at the same time too. That smile that I saw as well, seemed to only feed the flame even more than before.
I did not hesitate at all, as I then began to fly straight towards Lunk, even though he was so close to his own side, and there was surely no way that I could intercept him from getting there, right? I was not sure, but in the heat of rage by me, it sure did feel like I was flying faster than I ever had before.
I saw all of the dragons around me have quite a look of surprise on their face, as all of the dragons, on both my team, and Lunks team all of the sudden seem to stop, as I saw them all looking right at me, with a look of shock on their faces. I ignored them from the corner of my eye how ever, as I drew closer and closer to Lunk.
I saw a big smile on his face, as it looked like he was just about to get to the other side, and score his 3rd and final point for his team. I was not going to let that happen how ever, as the big smile made me more angry, as I looked right at it, with no emotion at all in me, as I got right to him with just a dragons length away from him being on the other side.
I then slammed Lunk down on to the ground, as I saw him begin to gasp for air at the same time too, as it was clear that it was a heavy hit that he had not been expecting at all. I realized at the same time too that I had my claws out, and I was worried that I might have scratched him as well.
I did not see any claw marks on him how ever, as I let out a little bit of a sigh of relief at the same time too. I still saw that he was gasping for breath though, due to the hard hit. He breathed in and out for a few seconds, until he then lifted him self from off of the ground, and he stared at me, with a smile on his face to my own surprise too.
I blinked a few times, as I was a little bit confused, not just to the fact that he was smiling, but the fact that I was so mad, that I had not a clue as to what it was that was going on in the first place. I stared at him for a few moments as well, as he then nodded to me, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to me at the same time too.
"Wow Jangra! That was impressive!"