Chapter 48 (Jangras POV) Never Been Friends

I looked over at Wiplan, as I then began to freak out at the exact same time as well. How had I not realized that she was following me? I knew that I had looked back just to make sure that no one was, several times. Even if she was a small dragon, I was fairly certain that I would not have missed her.
Perhaps it was due to the fact that I had just been so tired. I really did not want to come here at all, if I was going to be honest with my self. I was not worried about Socra knowing that I was out of tribal grounds this late either, as she was the one that had told me to come here in the very first place any ways.
No... What I was worried about, was the fact that I knew that I was supposed to be meeting Yikla here, and I was fairly certain that she was going to come up at any moment now, as she knew that the meeting with me was tonight, right? That was besides the point, as I felt like at this moment, I did not want Yikla to come here.
If she found out that I was meeting Yikla, I knew that the young dragon would feel betrayed, as she took a lot of the blame for the death of her parents on Yikla at the same time too, just like a lot of the tribe did. I did not blame them for it either, as she had told them where it was that we were hiding all of our young dragons, and our elder dragons at.
Luckily we had got there just in time to save the young ones, but my father had not got here in time to save my brother how ever. As I had all of those thoughts go through my head all at once, I did in fact wonder as to why I was even here in the first place any ways. If any thing, I should be attacking Yikla.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self at the exact same time too, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at the same time as well. Even if she had some what betrayed us, we still needed her if we wanted to have any chance in this war. She had not told her father about me, so at least that was some thing that I could trust her for.
I shook off all of those thoughts at once how ever, as I got my focus back on to what was going on right now, as I saw that Wiplan was right in front of me. I began to freak out a little bit, as I was quite a bit on edge. If she had found out that I had gone to meet up with Yikla, than she would surely go and tell our entire tribe about it.
I looked at Wiplan, as I squinted my eyes at her at the exact same time as well, as I was not so sure as to what it was that I should do with her. I knew that I should tell her that she needed to get back home, but I knew that I could not let her go back on her own, as for one thing I did not want her out on her own at a time like this.
I also did not know if she knew her way back home either, and then the 3rd reason that I did not want her to go back home, was the fact that she would not go back, and she would try to find out the real reason as to why I was out here right now, which I for sure did not want to risk.
I stepped forward to Wiplan, as I saw her jump back a bit, as I could tell that she was in fact quite a bit afraid of me, such as a lot of the dragons in the tribe were for some odd reason or another, as if they did not trust me, and they thought that if they were any where near me, even out in public, that I would attack them.
Perhaps they could not trust me, as I was in fact about to go and meet up with Yikla, I was kind of betraying the trust of my tribe, and it kind of made me feel a bit sick, as I was not too sure as to what it was that I had got my self in to. I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground, but I knew that I could not make my self seem afraid.
I had to make sure that Wiplan knew that she should not be out here right now, and she needed to get back home before Yikla came in to the clearing with me, and then went to meet me. I kept my eyes squinted at the young dragon, as I made sure that she knew that I was the superior dragon in this situation right now.
Wiplan I could see, was shivering out of her skin, as I could tell that she was afraid of me for some odd reason or another. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I tried my best to not scare her. I then began to speak to the young dragon, after just a little bit more time of silence had passed along.
"And Wiplan... You should not be here right now... Socra told me to meet with a dragon... So you are not going to get me in any trouble at all..." I said to her, as it was a bit of some partial truth, as I did not want to tell her that the dragon that I was going to be meeting up with, was the dragon that every dragon in our tribe despised.
I could tell that it seemed to get in to the head of the young dragon at the exact same time too, as she then began to realize that she was in the wrong right now. Which of course, she was in fact in the wrong after all, but so was I to be fair, though I was not going to admit that to her how ever.
Wiplan dipped her head to the ground, which I kind of felt quite a bit bad for. I did not mean to hurt her feelings, but to be fair, I also knew that it was one of the rules in the tribe, that you were not supposed to stalk a dragon, much less a dragon such as I, as I knew that it could get you in a lot of trouble.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at the same time too, as I looked at the young dragon for quite a bit of some time. I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do with her right now, as I gulped a bit to my self, as I began to look around, worried that Yikla was going to show up at any moment now.
That was not the case at all thankfully how ever, as I looked back at Wiplan, and I kept my eyes squinted at the young dragon, just as I had been doing not too long before now. I could tell that it was getting in to her head a bit as well, as I knew that she knew that she was the dragon that was in the wrong right now, and that she probably should not have followed me.
Wiplan had her head dipped a bit low to the ground, as it felt like I had won in this situation, though I had not won in the fact that I still had not a clue as to what it was that I should do with the young dragon, as I knew that I could not let her go out back to the camp on her own for sure.
I was worried that she would get lost, as I was sure that her focus had been a lot more on the fact that she was trying to follow me, rather than the fact that she was making sure that she knew the way back home. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self at the same time as well, as I was not going to lie, I was kind of grateful for the fact that she had come here.
I really did not want to meet up with Yikla for one thing, and I was happy to have to take her back to the camp if that was the case. I am sure that Yikla would go talk to Socra, if that was the case, and I knew that the both of them would not be all too happy with it, but if Socra knew why I had gone back, than I am sure she would be fine with it, and I would not get in any trouble.
I was about ready to lift my self up in to the air, and take Wiplan back home, when I all of the sudden heard Wiplan speak up to me, to a bit of my surprise at the same time as well, I had noticed that she was out of it just a little bit of some time ago, when she had her head down to the ground.
I kept my eyes squinted on the young dragon for quite a bit of some time, as I then nodded to the young dragon, still a bit shocked that she was in fact going to speak back to me, which was not normal for most dragons, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden, began to listen as to what it was that Wiplan had to say to me in the very first place.
"Well... You had told me that you would talk to me later, but you never did... So I was going to go and talk to you, and tell you about it, but you just kept on going and going, further and further..." She said to me, as she gave me a full in detail explanation as to why she was in fact following me out side of the camp any ways.
I kept my eyes squinted at her, though I did in fact remember saying that to her earlier in the day, and I kind of felt bad for it at the exact same time too, though I did my best not to show it to her, as I knew that I had to hide my emotions form the young dragon, just as my father and Socra had told me to do in the first place.
I had completely managed to forget about that promise that I had given to the young dragon not too long ago, and I was tempted to dip my head down low to the ground, just due to the fact that I felt bad for her, for breaking that little promise that I had made with her just this morning.
Wiplan I could tell was kind of hurt by it too, and it only made me feel worse about the whole extent, as I gulped a bit to my self, and moved my self a bit closer to the dragon, letting her know that I did in fact feel at least some what bad for her, as I knew that the young dragon, just a like a lot of other young dragons, did in fact look up to me.
As I got closer to the young dragon how ever, I saw that her eyes all of the sudden grew wide, as I saw a look of fear on her face at the exact same time too. I was a bit lost as to what it was, and if she was some how worried that I was about to attack her, which was not the case at all, as I was simply just trying to calm her down.
I tilted my head at her, as I was in fact a bit lost as to what it was that was going on with the young dragon. Surely she knew that I was not going to attack her right? She had the same look of fear, and awe on her face that I had seen the other dragons have at me, when I had done that play in the game.
It had me a bit lost at first, until I all of the sudden realized as to what it was that she was looking at in the first place. It came at me all of the sudden, all at once, as I heard steps behind me, meaning that there was some thing behind me. Based off of how loud the noise was at the exact same time too, I knew it was not a rabbit.
Plus rabbits would not be out during the night any ways, nor what they want to be getting any where near a large dragon either. Dragons rarely hunted them, as they were quite a small animal as they did not feed you all too much, but we did hunt them at times when we were low on food, and it was simply a last resort.
Plus rabbits would not be out at this time of the year either, due to the fact that it was so cold out side. I shook off all of those thoughts at once, as I was not quite sure as to why I was thinking on rabbits right now, when I had clearly heard a dragon behind me, and the look of fear on the fact of Wiplan at the same time too, also told me that it in fact was a dragon.
I could see her cowering up on me, as I could tell she was afraid of what it was that she saw in front of me. I gulped at the same time as well, as I figured that I should probably turn around at the same time too, due to the fact that I did not want to not be able to defend my self in the case that I was attacked.
I blinked a few times, as I all of the sudden turned my head around, before it was too late. I stared at the dark dragon that was in front of me at the exact same time as well, as I could tell just based off of the look in her eyes, that she had not a clue as to where it was that we were at right now.
That was due to it being a black dragon of course, as I was about ready to stand my ground on the dragon, and fight back against it, to save the life of me and Wiplan, until I all of the sudden saw the look on the face of the dragon, as well as the fact that I saw her actual face at the exact same time too.
I realized the dragon to be Yikla, and it was clear that she was alone, which was what I had been worried about in the first place, that she might not be alone at all. I breathed in quite the heavy sigh of relief, as I felt a lot more safe, just based off of the normal look that I saw on her face.
Though at the same time too, she seemed to be oddly suspicious, not as to the fact that I was suspicious of her, but it was due to the fact that she seemed to be a little bit suspicious of me for some odd reason or another, which did in fact have me even more confused, as I still had not a clue as to what was going on in the first place.
She should have been here before me, as there was no where else for her to go at this moment, besides hunting for some food, which would make no sense at this time of night. I shook off all of those thoughts all at once at the same time too, as I kept my focus on the dragon I was once in love with.
I had my head tilted a bit all at once, as I had not a clue as to what was going on right now, as I could hear the fact that Wilpan was shivering in fear right behind me. I rolled my eyes just a little bit, as it made sense for her to be afraid of the fact that there was a black dragon with us, out side of camp in the middle of the night.
There was no reason for her to be afraid how ever, at least, that was the hope at the very least, as I still was not all too sure my self if I could trust this dragon just yet. I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at the exact same time too though, as I kept my focus on the fact that Yikla was staring right at me, even though I knew that she could not see me right now.
It still had me a little bit off, as I tilted my head a little bit low to the ground. I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do right now, as I was stuck in quite a bit of a sticky situation, as to the fact that Wiplan might snitch me to the entire tribe, and also the fact that Yikla might have lost her own trust in me, due to the fact that she knew that I had some one with me.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I did my best to try not to get too worried about all of this, as I finally all of the sudden, saw that Yikla had fully stopped her self in her tracks, as she was about a dragon tail away from me, as she then began to speak up to me at the exact same time as well. I blinked just a few times, but I did in fact listen as to what it was that she had to say to me.
"So... You decided to bring a dragon out to try to protect you huh? You actually think that I am going to attack you?" She asked me, as I could see that she had her eyes squinted at me. It was clear to me, that she had either smelt the smell of Wiplan, or she had heard the young dragon speak to me not too long ago.
I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground at the same time as well, as it was not due to the fact as to what it was that she had said to me, on the fact that she thought that I had sent Wiplan out to try to protect me at all, as there was not much I could do to protect the young dragon any ways, as it would be a lot more of me trying to protect her either way.
I doubt that they would have tried to kill her though, as I was sure if Yikla had in fact told her tribe about the dragon that I was, than it meant that they would only be going after me, as I doubt that they would care at all to the fact that there had been a young dragon with me at the time.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at the exact same time too, as I felt a lot more safe all at the same time, due to that fact that she had not sent people out to help try to attack me. I also let out a bit of the sigh as well, due to the fact that I felt like she had been a bit of an idiot as to what it was that she had just said to me in the first place.
Though to be fair I suppose, she might very well not know that the dragon that was with me right now, was in fact a young dragon, nor did she know that the young dragon had followed her self out here with me, and I had some how not noticed her at the exact same time as well, which I had to admit, was in fact partially my fault.
I shivered a little bit, as I was not so sure what to say, as I was tempted to just run off with Wiplan, and try to play this cool and innocent with her, and the rest of the tribe, but at the same time as well, I knew that not every dragon was stupid either, as they would all realize that the black dragon was in fact Yikla as well.
I sighed, as I felt like I had to tell the truth to Wiplan, and hope that she could forgive me, as I knew that the young dragon hated Yikla, as she, just like many other dragons in the tribe, took the blame of the deaths of so many of the dragons in our tribe, purely on Yikla, as every one believed that she had in fact betrayed us, 'such as every black dragon did'.
I was starting to see the logic in the way that Yikla had to get out of it, as she was in fact right in the fact that 'in order to win a war, you must make sacrfices'. It was impossible to save the life of every dragon out there, but it still hurt me as to the fact that I had last my own brother, which was a lot of the reason that I still did not trust her.
I shook off all of those thoughts at once, as I realized that we had been just sitting here in silence for quite a bit of some time now, and I could tell that Wiplan was only getting more and more afraid. I did not want her to run off, and get lost in the wild out there some where, so I felt like I had to go ahead and step up and speak.
I looked at Yikla for quite a bit of some time, as I all of the sudden nodded to her. I looked at her for a bit longer, as I waited for a nod back at first, until I then began to realize that she could not see me all too well, even if she was partially a purple dragon. I shook my head, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, and then after just a little while longer, I did in fact begin to speak to her, making sure that Wiplan could hear what it was that I had to say at the exact same time too.
"Well Yikla... I did not expect her to follow me all the way out side of the camp, this far tonight none the less... She is a young dragon, so give her a bit of a break..." I said to her, as for some odd reason or another, I was defending the young dragon, even though I did in fact know that what it was that she had done was wrong.
I just felt a bit bad for her, due to the fact that I knew that I had made a bit of a promise with her this morning, on the fact that I was going to speak to her. I was sure that she was either still thinking that I would do as such, as she was simply trying to remind me, until she realized that I was leaving out side of the tribe grounds, and could not help but to continue to follow me.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh at first to my self, as I all of the sudden began to realize that Wiplan had all of the sudden stopped shivering, as it seemed like she was no longer afraid with what was going on right now, at this very moment in time. Instead, I heard a bit of a growl, to my surprise, come out of my mouth.
I was a bit lost by it at first, as I then turned my head over to the young dragon, seeing that she was moving off of me just a bit. I could see quite the angry look on her face at the exact same time too, as well as the fact that it seemed like she felt like she had been betrayed, as I saw a bit of some pain in her eyes at the same time too, as she was looking right at me.
I was a bit lost by it at first, as I tilted my head over to her, at first feeling like a bit of an idiot for doing so, until I then began to realize that Wiplan was in fact a red dragon, and she could in fact clearly see as to the fact that I had my head tilted to her. Though I was sure that she did not really know the reason as to why that was so.
I did in fact begin to remember the reason as to why she might be feeling a bit betrayed by me, as I remembered that the young dragon did in fact look up to me, and she also hated Yikla. She knew all of the sudden, at the same time too, as it was clear that she was a smart dragon, that I had gone all the way out here to meet up with Yikla.
I felt a bit bad all of the sudden, for not realizing it, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as she had the same angry look on her face, as she had her eyes squinted at me all at the exact same time as well, as I was waiting for her to go ahead and speak, and talk about the fact that I had gone up to meet with the dragon that had supposedly 'led to the death of her parents'.
I kept my eyes on her for some time, at least the corner of my eyes, as I did in fact feel bad for the fact that I had not even thought of what it was that I was doing. Though to be fair at the same time as well, I had in fact told Socra that I did not want to go and meet up with Yikla, but for some odd reason she had insisted on the fact that I needed to do as such.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden did in fact hear a voice begin to step up to speak, but to my surprise it was not the angry voice of Wiplan that I had expected, as instead, it was the voice of Yikla, as I was a bit lost on what was even going on at this current moment.
I blinked a few times how ever, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at once, due to the fact that I was not all too sure as to what it was that I was supposed to do at this very moment in time. I turned my head over to Yikla, as I squinted my eyes at her at the exact same time as well, as I figured that she was about to say some thing stupid, as I then began to listen as to what it was that she had to say in the first place.
"Why don't you go back to camp, and shut your mouth little dragon... You don't know what you are getting your self in to... You do realize there is a bigger picture in all of this right?" She said to Wiplan, as I was a bit shocked by what it was that she had just said to the young dragon.
I knew that a part of what she had said was in fact correct, but the way she had said it, was very rude, and I was sure that it was quite a bit scary to the young dragon, to see a big black dragon out side in the middle of no where, in the middle of the night. I looked over at Wiplan at the exact same time too, as I had those thoughts go through my head all at once.
I knew that Yikla could not see me, as I knew that black dragons could not see in the night, so I shook my head, and let out quite the loud sigh at the exact same time as well, instead. I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I turned my head around at the same time too, as I heard a branch snap from behind me.
I was a bit afraid at first, due to the fact that I was still a little bit worried that Yikla had set me up for some kind of trap, but as soon as I looked behind me, I then all of the sudden, realized that it was not the case at all how ever, as I remembered that Wiplan had been right behind me in the first place, and that was the reason that we got in to a bit of a heated debate.
I blinked a few times, as I could see quite the look of fear on the face of Wiplan, after what it was that Yikla had just said to her. I felt like Yikla might have made a bit of a valid point, but at the same time as well, I also felt like Wiplan did not know the way back to camp in the first place, and I did not want her going out side on her own, with no one with her.
It was not just the fact that I was worried that she would get lost, but it was also the fact that I also knew that we were at war, and if a black dragon saw a young red dragon, than he would be quick to kill it, if not do some other things to her, before they did so, which made me feel sick to even think on that fact.
I knew it was reality how ever, and I did my best to calm Wiplan down at the same time too, as I saw her walking back a bit. I knew that she no longer trusted me, at least not nearly as much as she had a few moments ago. But who could she trust, if she went back to camp to tell every one, only for Socra to break the news to them, that we had been talking to her for quite some time as well.
I knew the entire tribe would break in to a bit of some madness, and I knew that I could not risk that from happening at all either, as I breathed in heavily, and I then nodded to Wiplan, to try to calm the young dragon a little bit as well. It seemed to do a little bit, as I saw that she had stopped walking back wards, as if she was going to fly in to the sky, and some how out run me.
She tilted her head a little bit at me, but in the end, she did in fact nod right back over to me, making me q bit less stressed out, now that it seemed like she was open to a little bit of some sort of discussion, and some sort of explanation on all of this. I breathed in trying to calm my self down at the exact same time too.
I figured that I should explain this to her, as instead I should rather let her just listen as to what it was that I was going to say to her, that way she knew that I was not giving any of our information away to Yikla's tribe, but instead, she was giving away information about us. I for sure was not going to let her know that my father was not here at this moment.
I nodded for Wiplan to come forward, as I felt like it was a little bit of a way to calm her down at the same time too, and let her know that it was safe. Wiplan looked at me for a few moments at the exact same time too, as I could tell that she was thinking hard on whether or not she should trust me, which I did not blame her for, after what she had just walked in to.
I was sure that she had a lot of questions, as she did not know what was going on at this very moment in time. I just knew that I could not let her go off by her self, all the way back to camp with out me, and I also knew that I could not let her tell every one that I was speaking to Yikla either.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at the same time too, as I watched as Wiplan began to slowly walk over to me at the exact same time as well. I felt a lot more safe at this point, now that I saw her come over to me, so much that I turned my head away from her, as I heard her sit beside me, and I then began to turn my head over to Yikla, as I looked right in to her eyes, even though I knew that she could not see it.
I stared at her for quite a bit of time, as it seemed like she was staring right back at me, even though I knew that she could not see me at all. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, to try to ease my nerves a bit, as I then shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I finally then began to speak up to Yikla at the same time too as well.
"That's enough... I am taking her back with me to camp, and that's that... Now tell me why you wanted to meet up with me tonight? What did you have to say to me?" I said, as I said it in a bit of a phrase, to make sure that Wiplan knew that it really was not my decision all that much, as to the reason that I had gone to see her tonight.
It really was not now that I thought on it. I had not made the decision to go and meet her tonight, as Socra had kind of forced me in to it, now that I kind of thought on it just a little bit more. I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as at first, I was worried that Yikla had noticed it at first, but I shook that off at the exact same time too, as I did in fact remember that black dragons could not see at night.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self all at the exact same time as well too. I stared at her for just a bit more time, as I was trying to think of some thing to say to her. As I thought on it for a few seconds, I then began to realize as to what it was that I should say, as I all of the sudden nodded to Yikla at the same time too.
I then felt like a little bit of an idiot once again, as I knew that she could not see me do as such. I was glad as well, as I shook off all of those thoughts, on my focus back on Wiplan, to make sure that she was still doing okay, right behind me. I saw that her eyes were wide open, as it was clear that she was a little bit scared, but for the most part at the very least, she seemed to be fine.
I breathed in a bit of a heavy sigh out loud, which I knew they all had heard me do as such, though I did not care all too much at all any ways, as I then all of the sudden, turned my head back over to Yikla, to see her for some reason, all of the sudden nod right back over to me, as if she had seen me nod, which I felt very well could be the case as she was in fact half purple.
It could very well have just been perfect timing at the same time as well, as I figured that I should not think on all of that for too long, as I sighed a little bit, as Yikla finally then began to speak up to me at the exact same time as well. I felt a little bit safer now, as I then began to listen as to what it was that she had to say back to me at the exact same time too.
"I came here to tell you that some time soon, Plyma is going to split apart his groups, leaving him in a bit of a weak and vulnerable position for some bit of time... It might be your perfect chance to get him right at the core..." She said to me, as I blinked a few times at the exact same time as well. I was quite a bit shocked as to what it was that she had said to me. At the same time as well how ever, I felt it a bit oddly suspicious as to what it was that she had just said, as I was not all too sure if I should trust her on it. I for sure was not going to trust her in taking us right in to a trap, especially when I knew that she still was a black dragon, or at least 3/4 of one. I gulped down a bit of some spit, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at the same time too, as I got my focus back on her, as I heard her begin to all of the sudden, continue to speak to me all of the sudden. I let out a bit of another soft sigh, as I then continued to listen as to what it was that she had to say to me in the first place. "Jangra... I am sorry... About all of this... I just was not left with much choice... We would all have died other wise... I hope that we are still at least friends..."
I looked at her for quite a bit of some time, as I was not all too sure on whether or not I should be shocked on what it was that she had just said to me in the first place, as I had figured that at some point, she was going to tell me such a thing as that, as I knew that I should not let it bother me all too much at all.
For all that I knew, she could be getting in to my head, trying to get me to trust her again, only to stab me in the back all of the sudden. I felt a bit sick, as I wanted to shake off all of those thoughts from my head at the same time as well, but I just could not help but to think that it very well could in fact be a possibility.
I shivered, as I kept my eyes squinted on her through all of it, even though I knew that she could not see a thing, due to the fact that she had her eyes on some thing else right beside me, as I could tell that she thought that she was looking right at me. I was tempted to laugh at it, at the exact same time as well, but thankfully I held my self in, as I knew that this was no sort of laughing matter at all.
I shook my head, as I was tempted to dip my head to the ground, due to all of the thoughts that seemed to be storming in side of my head right now, but I held my self in, and I did my best to stay strong at this very moment, as I knew that now more than ever, was a time that I needed to be that way.
I kept my eyes on Yikla's, as I tilted my head at her at the exact same time as well, as if there still was the fact that I seemed to think that she was doing some thing oddly suspicious, which to be fair, she could be doing some thing such as that right now, as she could be trying to get a gage on me, and the rest of the tribes condition.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as all of the sudden, the thoughts of what it was that she had said to me in the first place, then all of the sudden came back to me, as I could not help but to be at least a slight bit upset on what it was that she had said to me in the first place.
I knew that she could still not see me, but it seemed like she could feel the fact that I was staring her in her eyes, as I saw her dip her head a little bit low to the ground all of the sudden. That was when it then felt like this was the perfect time for me to speak up to her, which I did in fact do as such a thing as well.
"Yikla... I don't trust you at all... We are leaving now... I know that in your eyes at least... We have never been friends..."