1. Yet Another World (Rewrite v2.0)

"It's okay, beloved. Despite all that had happened, I would still love you above all else."

The sun shines upon the dirt path of the obstacle course. The lush green canopies of the tall oak trees gave a sense of a natural atmosphere and coverage from the blinding sunlight. If one could say for certain, it's that this place would count as a place of relaxation and tranquility. Even with the protruding beams made out of wood and hanging ropes littering the branches, one could lay down and take a nap whilst listening to the singing of birds and the breezing wind.

Although, the peaceful atmosphere was quickly disturbed by a loud audible sigh, coming from a particular raven haired young man. Subaru took hold of his towel that he had holstered upon his shoulders, and wiped off the sweat on the side of his forehead.

"This session's even more tiring than the last one, I almost feel that I will pass out…" Subaru complained, sighing again with a face full of exhaustion.

Beatrice followed suit with her own sigh, as if it was an automatic response towards her partner, "That is correct, I suppose. Though I would say that Subaru had done a good job, in fact. Betty is really proud of you." She responded with a hint of pride in her voice.

"Really now? I think you're warming up on me Beako! This is a rare sight!" He jested, giving off a small laugh afterwards.

Beatrice raised an eyebrow at that and began to retort his statement, "Subaru should know that Betty has been supportive of you for more than a year, I suppose!"

Subaru responded with another fit of laughter at her comment. Truly, his contracted spirit is too easy to tease sometimes.

Their relationship had certainly changed for the better quite drastically since their return from Vollachia six months ago. Now he is much wiser, and quite frankly, more famous than ever before. The people of Lugunica had even switched the joke title of "Lolimancer" to "the Sage Knight" for him, mostly due to how he can seemingly 'see the future' during times of crisis.

When Subaru had asked about it, his friends said that it was one of the mythical and rumored qualities of the Great Sage that lived 400 years ago. He internally laughed at that notion, if only they knew what he went through to get this far.

"Keep moving forward, beloved, I love you from the bottom of my heart."

"Betty will say that you should be careful next time, I suppose. You almost broke your ankle, Betty does not want to spend unnecessary mana to heal you again!" She huffed shortly after, like the tsundere she is. Though really, she was showing how much she cared about him. Even in the body of a little girl the great spirit Beatrice still acts like a big sister to her contractor sometimes, and her recent scolding is one of those times.

That near fatal accident she saw during Subaru's routine parkour training session was really exhausting for her. He was jumping left and right like a monkey as always, but it really made her worry that he almost fell and broke his ankle so high up during one of his high jumps. If she was human, she would certainly have a heart attack right there and then.

"Yeah yeah, sorry for making you worry, Beako." He laughed in response as he pets her head after apologizing to her. Beatrice only huffed and responded with a "hmph!" as always. Although she still accepts his headpats, which were the best and still is among the members of the camp.

"You should be. Betty almost had a heart attack, in fact! I will haunt you as a ghost if Betty ever dies watching you almost falling like that!"

"And here I thought spirits can't have heart attacks, yet alone become ghosts!?"