8. Interlude: Midnight Meeting

The sound of footsteps echoed across the hallway. A lone white-haired figure could be seen, walking by under the midnight moon's light shining through the window. Wearing her casual night clothing, she harbors a bored and tired face, and a deeply annoyed mind, obviously wanting sleep and forgetting all that had happened in her past.

It has been around a few hours after the party had ended, students heading back to their dorms with tired but satisfied faces. She admittedly enjoyed it too, though she only stood there observing the students as they went on and danced. Never had she experienced an actual school life, only observing and taking notes while being deeply watched by the very same headmaster who brought her in not as a student, but as a guest.

Even though it is preferable to living a bandit life, Indigo didn't really want to be treated as an outsider, especially in an Academy as prestigious as Beacon. Never in her life did she want Ozpin or anyone to closely watch her like this, and now he suddenly brought the General of Atlas into the mix as well. She sighed, tired of all the things that he and his yes men faction did for her "safety".

"Speak of the devil..."

As she went towards the elevator towards the Headmaster's Office the same man that she loathed second to Ozpin himself, General Ironwood, was present, standing in his ever militaristic stature. He is staring at her with eyes that looked like he didn't get his midnight coffee for the shift at work, but still, he looked at her with slight mistrust and wariness. She didn't react, instead, she stood beside him waiting for the elevator with a bored face, ready to scoff at him at any moment he started to speak.

The two shared a brief awkward moment as Ironwood turned towards the elevator, clearing his throat in the process. He then exchanged looks with her, Indigo's eyes immediately stared at him back with a force that can kill a rodent out of shock, immediately startling him.

He then focused his attention back towards the elevator and tried to speak to her to calm the suddenly tense atmosphere between the two of them.

"It's nice to meet you again, Indigo," He said, "last time I met you, you were arrested by the Ace Ops, what are you up to in Beacon now?"

"Just trying to escape my old life, I don't care for any past things you had done to me back when I was a bit more....bloodlusted" She replied, a hint of hatred towards him and a bit of boredom showing.

"But it seems that your tone speaks the opposite"

Indigo showed a scowl in response. He knew that almost anyone that is in opposition to him would harbor some kind of dislike of his actions and character, but to him, Indigo is quite different from the rest. She scoffed, hiding her scowl immediately after it was shown, and replied, "Just shut up, or you'll face consequences"

"Right. I'll be watching for that" Ironwood stared back at the elevator, and shortly after the sound of a bell can be heard as it opened up. He stepped in first, with Indigo being second, standing next to him.

The door then closed in front of them, and the familiar noise of elevator music began to play as they stood side by side.

In an attempt to break the re-emerging awkwardness, however, Ironwood decided to speak again "So, anything you want to talk about while we wait?"

Indigo heavily sighed "Are your soldiers this talkative, General? I remember them being robotic"

He raised an eyebrow before answering, "while it is true that a portion of our military is robotic, I would say that your question is true. After all, they're human"

"Well, then how about you? Should you be this talkative when a portion of your body is robotic as well?"

"Is this just your way to tell me to shut up?"