18. Interlude: It's Brawl in The Family Part 2

Within the headmaster's office, Winter Schnee paced from left and right, frustrated as she thought of the recent events that had transpired. Her brawl and the subsequent arrival of Qrow, even if the General had expected his arrival due to his importance to him and the headmaster, had left her on her nerves. It's not the first time they had fought like this, but to do it so abruptly and in an event that should've promoted peace instead of conflict? It's completely outrageous for the older schnee.

Ironwood can only watch as his specialist and second-in-command paced back and forth in front of him. He quietly sighed, thinking of the inevitable scolding his drunken comrade would face. He knows that Qrow can always be unpredictable in what he does almost all the time, but surely his friend would have thought of something better other than messing up an academy's courtyard, right? Surely he hadn't been drinking shot after shot as he awaited for the right moment to arrive.

Soon enough, the elevator sounded the bell of the arrival of the rest of the group. Its doors opened, revealing four people inside. All of them they know well, and vice versa. Qrow smirked, leaving the elevator first. Ozpin and Glynda followed next, with Indigo being last, leaving the contraption with her arms crossed.

"What were you thinking!?" Winter started as she stopped walking back and forth to face Qrow, yelling at him as he opened his canteen, acting as if he's not at fault when he obviously is. It smelt strongly of alcohol.

"If you were one of my men, I would have you shot." Ironwood added, clenching his fist towards him, finally deciding to scold him after Winter started.

"If I was one of your men I'd shoot myself," Qrow replied to him.

"I second that notion," Indigo interjected, supporting her drunk friend.

"While I wouldn't condone his behaviour, retaliating like you did, certainly didn't help the situation." Glynda said as she walked over next to Ironwood with her arms fully crossed, looking over to Winter.

Ozpin had stood behind his desk, while Indigo was beside Winter herself, who proceeded to reply to Glynda's response.

"He was drunk!" She countered.

"He's always drunk." Glynda responded, before looking towards Qrow, followed by the others.

He was seen drinking from his canteen before stopping promptly midway through, staring at them back. He proceeded to get it off his mouth before shrugging.

Ozpin sighed at the sight, before he proceeded to finally sit down on his chair, "Let's just…begin the meeting please? We all know that this one may be of importance." He declared.

Ironwood looked over to him before looking back at his special operator. "Schnee, we will discuss this incident back on my ship," he said to her.

A look of shock appeared on her face. "But sir! We can't just delay this topic for la-"

"Winter, leave."

Immediately, Winter straightened her posture before saluting, "Yes sir."

She headed for the elevator, its doors opening as soon as she went over there and entered it. Within the next moment it closed and left the office to head to the ground floor, leaving five people in the room.

Ironwood leaned back toward Ozpin's desk, "Go on…" he said, gesturing to the man in front of him.

"Up up up, first off, who invited her here?" Qrow asked, pointing towards Indigo.

"She's a new addition to the circle, an informer of sorts for the situation with the two, now four, new members of the academy," Ozpin explained.

"And who're they supposed to be?" He asked again.