26. Angel of Death

While the chaos of battle raged onwards it's not uncommon to see the sight of various senior students of the four academies, with many Atlesian soldiers and law enforcement, establishing zones of evacuation that are scattered about. One of these zones is located near the airship port at the edge of Beacon's perimeter, the one that's protected most. It's all in order to offer safe landings for airships and vehicles to transport the innocent and the defenceless people that are the victims of this tragedy.

It had been only a few hours since the event that would later be known as the Fall of Beacon, and the change in atmosphere before and after the broadcast was like night and day. Team CFVY, among many other students at Beacon, were evacuating people from the school as Grimm swarmed the academy and parts of Vale from all directions.

"Please, keep calm and do not bump into each other, there will be emergency transport ships to get you to safety." Said Yatsuhashi, a large Mistralian man and a member of the team, for what was probably the two hundredth time that day.

Coco and Velvet were up ahead, helping a group of wounded tourists from Mistral who were trying to reach safety. Fox had left earlier when he overheard an Atlesian squad of soldiers report a breach in the school perimeter towards the direction of Amity Arena. Velvet had tried to make him stay prior to his exit, but Fox insisted that he must go. It was simply in his nature to help, after all, and she couldn't say no to that sincerity.

Suddenly however, Yatsuhasi heard a voice in his head. It certainly wasn't the onset of madness as it was very clearly Fox's voice, his Semblance, Telepathy.

"Can anyone hear me!? Guys, I'm sorry for going alone but I could really use some help over-' The voice cut out as abruptly as it began, which alarmed Yatsuhashi. This had never happened before, he would have thought.

He turned to face Coco and Velvet, who were both looking his way with pale faces, they too received that message; The tourists that are evacuating, however, seemed oblivious to said message, meaning that this broadcast was directed towards them specifically.

Coco, with a genuine expression of concern on her face, would ask. "Did either of you see the direction he went off earlier?" She would say, looking towards her two teammates. It's her responsibility as the team's leader to look out for the rest, a natural question to be brought up.

Velvet though was a bit worried and anxious. She regretted the fact that she didn't tell the rest of the team earlier before Fox sent that message. But, she has to somehow explain and answer Coco's question.

"He...he insisted on going alone, he said there was a breach near the festival grounds, on the western wing of the school." Velvet would say, which only made them all the more concerned. "S-sorry, for not telling earlier, I only wanted to make it easier for him to go and help."

Coco was slightly taken aback by Velvet's explanation, how in the hell did she not tell them of this? She quickly snapped out of it though. "It's fine, we'll talk about it later. Can you at least lead us there?"

Velvet had a firm and confident expression afterwards, nodding to her question.

"Good, that's all that's needed for now. Yatsu, you're coming with us?"

Yatsuhashi nodded in agreement. While worry filled his mind over the sudden situation that had developed for their missing teammate, he made sure to keep a neutral expression in order to not worry the others. "It's imperative, you two will need all the help you can get."

Coco smiled a bit, before declaring. "Good, let's go!"

_____________________________

Flaming and smouldering ruins of stalls and structures filled the environment as team CFVY, barring Fox, approached the scenery. The area in which Velvet had said Fox had gone to is located here. They'd been searching for around ten minutes so far, but luck was certainly not on their side.