7. Revelations

Away from the crowd, Subaru and Blake quickly exited the building. From what Subaru is seeing and also by logic, they are heading towards somewhere much more secluded and private. The light of the moon illuminating their travel as Subaru began to ponder, why does Blake want both of them to talk privately in the first place?

He thought about it for a moment, the fact that both Ruby and Blake noticed something from him, it seems that they both noticed that moment where he attempted to self-harm, and sob on Beatrice's chest. It was embarrassing for him, but there's another thing that makes him worried about what's going to happen. He decided that it is best to ask, specifically about where they are heading if it's so important.

"Blake, where are we going here!?" He questioned, panicking in his tone of voice.

"Be quiet," She replied before turning forward "You'll see when we get there."

His question was quickly shot down, so that was certainly a no-go. But before he could ask again, he soon noticed the object beside him as they went past it. It is a sign telling the obvious location they are in now.

"Beacon's Garden? What are we going to do here?" He quietly said to himself. Blake's bow, however, twitched as he said that. He already knew that she is a Faunus just by the looks. No one should have eyes so sharp both in looks and how it acts. But he was surprised that she could hear him whispering.

They then stop at the center of the garden, a fountain being present decorating the entire scenery with its water show. The moonlit sky illuminated both of them as Blake released her hand from him and tucked it behind her back. She then immediately looked towards her right, her bow perking upwards, Subaru wonders why she acted like that.

"Sit there" She pointed towards the direction, which he took a look at. A bench can be seen there, so Subaru decided to follow her command and sat down, with Blake suddenly being next to him shortly after that.

The two of them looked at the fountain before them. It's water sparkling under the shining moon above. Blake then proceeded to speak first, gaining his attention, "So, Subaru. Can you promise me for a moment?"

Subaru was confused for a moment, "what kind of promise?" He asked.

"Promise me that you will tell your secrets, and I will tell mine. No lies" She replied with a smile.

Subaru wondered why she said that but nodded after knowing what may happen. He offered his pinky finger towards her, to which she responded with the same.

"Alright, now let me ask you this," she began to reposition herself to face him, her legs inching closer so she can take a better look at the young man "what were you doing on that night?" She said.

Subaru acted confused but understood what she meant, as he already guessed this, but again, he is not sure if he can tell her. He tilted his head while asking "What night?"

"Let me guess then. You're trying to self-harm, do you?" Her expression became more serious, her eyes sharpened while also a bit saddened with a hint of worry.

His eyes widened, both pleasantly and terrifyingly surprised that she knew. Then, with a fake smile and with a desperate voice to sound convincing, he said, "Y-you got it all wrong! I was just looking at my battle scars that's all! Beako told you and your team that I was a hero back in my world, and prided herself for contracting me right!? I was just looking at my battle scars! That's all! Really!"

"Subaru...." She tilted her head with a small smile.

"They were hard-fought battles, okay!? I was wounded several times, heck, I even have scars from my fight against the ulgarms on my abdomen! Scratches on my arm are nothing, really, nothing!"