19. NBSS vs CPRK

"Shamak, in fact!"

As she uttered those words, black smoke erupted from the great spirit and engulfed the entirety of the central circle of the arena, leaving team CPRK dazed with their senses forcibly blocked by her.

Indigo and Scarlet had known of its effects, so they quickly backed off as soon as possible, nodding to their team leader shortly after to commence his plan of attack.

Subaru, with his spirit on his back, immediately began to charge forward, heading towards the ruined urban environment. He vertically scaled alongside the wall, running and jumping across the obstacles in front of him as he left the black magical fog. He quickly arrived at his destination, the ruins of a 4-story building. Before he could climb it though, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Beatrice's signal to him, telling him that the spell had ended. He had to be quick with this. With that said, Beatrice will utter out.

"Murak!"

Subaru began a series of jumps towards the very top of the ruin, taking advantage of Beatrice's casting, utilising the protrusions of concrete and rebar available on the wall he was climbing.

Meanwhile, Scarlet had taken the time given to pressure Penny just before the android could attack. Indigo threw a series of needles at Ciel and Rose filled with combustion dust to separate them, falling into the defensive as she headed towards the simulated forest biome behind her.

Kuro shook his head clear from the sudden dulling of his senses, immediately turning towards the urban environment behind him as he gave chase towards the nasty-eyed man. He immediately activated his semblance, allowing him to teleport within a small distance at a rapid pace.

Within a few moments of him parkouring and teleporting across, the boy was already on Subaru's tail. He panicked, but thankfully Beatrice had other things that would help him gain the advantage.

"Vita!"

Beatrice aimed the spell at the boy behind him, and Kuro quickly slowed down in his chase, stumbling as he tried to grab Subaru by the back of his collar. He almost fell upon feeling the significant increase of his gravity, but he quickly regained his balance afterward.

Regardless of the spirit and contractor's efforts, Kuro had found himself at the top of the building with them. Subaru immediately took hold of his whip and dagger from his belt. Within a short interval between his breathing, he gave his opponent the first strike.

Kuro managed to avoid it just in a nick of time using his semblance, shocking both Beatrice and Subaru a little. He turned to look at them and smiled confidently.

"It will take more than that to put me down, Subaru!"

Using his daggers and semblance, he quickly parried and dodged strike after strike from Subaru as he charged forward. He seemingly ignored the effects of the spell put on him; Subaru internally cursed the benefits of having a strong aura, even if magic was supposed to be more effective against people who were unfamiliar with it. In spite of that though, none of his attacks from his whip had even managed to hit the boy yet.

They both maneuvered around each other, increasing and decreasing the distance between them like a tug of war as both attempted to hit each other using their respective weapons. Their duel had finally commenced.

Kuro dodged another whip crack and teleported behind him. Subaru turned around, only to be met with a dropkick before he disappeared again.

"Subaru! From above, I suppose!"

Hearing Beatrice's warning, Subaru avoided a dive attack from Kuro with a flip, his body still aided by Murak. He cracked his whip once more, but it was quickly redirected by his opponent before he disappeared again.