2. Welcome to Beacon (Rewrite)

A man with gray hair, dressed in clothing with the pattern of black and forest green, sat on his chair at the end of his room, an office of sorts, fitting for a headmaster. At the other end, comes Subaru, dirtied and full of sweat from all the running and fighting. Beatrice is currently not on his side due to some...circumstances, such as this man that he was looking at, being interested in her, and also that she is mostly useless in potential negotiations such as this, but mostly the former, due to him being protective of her towards strangers, much like how a big brother would act.

Of course Subaru is fairly inexperienced at negotiations, but he has shown some shrewedness and on often times, competence, in handling negotiations. He understands that he needs to be analytical and pay attention to every word that is said, and had noted down that he must keep his composure so the opponent will not take advantage of his emotional vulnerability. But this time, he is not sure whether or not to trust this man in front of him, as he walked towards him to take a seat. He saved him and Beatrice from further attacks from those beasts he called "Grimm", but it may just be some sort of act of kindness so Subaru can trust him more and make him get into this stranger's side, and be taken advantage of in some form.

He only breathe out a tired sigh as he himself took a seat at the opposite end of the desk in front of the man. He honestly need some rest right now, but he needs to make a deal with this man right now.

The man, after seeing him sitting down, proceed to gesture over the cup in front of him, before speaking in a suggestive manner.

"Tea?" He said

He then took a sip of his own cup as well. From the smell, it seems to be coffee, which Subaru actually prefers right now. Subaru proceed to stare at the cup with a weary expression, which the man took notice of.

The man chuckled, "what is it? Fear that it would be poison?"

Subaru was surprised, but tries to smile it off. "Hehe, Well...I had some bad experiences with tea, and I do need something that can keep me awake so I can guard my little Beako. No matter."

"It seems you are very caring of your loved ones, I support that, I can see you are a good man at heart...."

"Subaru, Subaru Natsuki. That's my name."

The man smiled and nodded, before replying to his response. "Then you can call me Ozpin, I'm the headmaster of this fine Academy, and somehow you got into my school grounds without being noticed by the cameras....how did you...."

"It may seem weird to you, but I and Beako are not from..around here so to speak. You get the idea right?" Subaru said, trying to explain his situation.

Ozpin paused for a moment, before taking another sip and nodding. "I understand. Now how about we start with something that you may take interest in."

Subaru was skeptical, "and what is that exactly? You're not going to kidnap me suddenly right?"

Ozpin only chuckled. "No, something better. I assure you I have no ill intentions"

Subaru can only comply to this, honestly, what could go wrong just from listening to this man's offers? It's not like he can force him to pick it up, right? He sighed, "alright, shoot."

"Subaru Natsuki, are you interested in becoming one of my students? You can have your own dorm with your "Beako" so you have a place to stay, and access to hygienical appliances as well. You also get to learn the history of this land and even learn how to survive here as well." Ozpin offered.

Subaru was taken back, a student? Even though it may be needed right now, such as shelter and access to essentials, he still could not trust him. Ozpin, from what he can see, is a kind man, but it is obvious that he has mysterious intentions and motivations. Subaru thought that it would be wise to try and ask of him about this worry of his.