27. Fight for Survival

The flaming ruins of Beacon Academy stretched out across as far as the eye can see, a scene of sorrow and ruin. The man known as Proxima, the Sin Archbishop of Pride, would be sitting on a piece of rubble amongst the ruins as he waited for his target to arrive. He's aware that his prediction is not going to be certain due to the nature of the man he's aiming to kill, but he's well prepared for said outcome to change. At least, that's what he would think.

After a few moments of waiting, Natsuki Subaru would arrive at the scene, same as before as he had remembered it in the last loop. This time however, he's arriving here alone. His face shows him being nervous, yet still persevering. He would lock eyes with the Sin Archbishop, who also looked back at him.

"You have come here alone." He said, standing up before approaching the man in front of him. "Your soul has told me that you've planned something. An ambush? Is that it?"

Subaru, who was caught off guard by Proxima's soul seeing still being active, would reply. "If you're that aware you wouldn't need to ask anything." Subaru stood his ground, remaining vigilant. "You're nervous, huh?"

Proxima stopped, summoning a silvery spear accompanied with yellow crackles of lightning. From Subaru's perspective, his weapon could be some kind of nanotechnology, but he shook that thought off as soon as possible. Nonetheless, despite Proxima's intimidation, Subaru stood his ground.

"Both of us wanted the same thing towards each other, for that I am certain." Proxima said, his senses heightened. "And I know you are ready."

Subaru sighed at that, whether this will work or not is up to fate, he just has to make sure any chance he gets. "Yeah, yeah, no need to tell me twice."

Subaru would enter his guard, unholstering his whip and dagger, smiling. "But...are you?"

"-!"

Proxima turned to the side and immediately used his spear to block an incoming attack, leaping away from it. Said projectile took the form of a needle which had been accelerated using magic, Hell Snipe.

Almost immediately, more of them came his way, quickly numbering in the dozens to hundreds. Countless bright lights shined within his eyes as Proxima dodged, weaved, and blocked all of them.

While he's distracted, Subaru ran towards the source of the barrage. Beams of light shine beside him, piercing the air with a scream as it heads for its target. He would encounter Beatrice riding a violet-eyed Gryphon, which had descended and flew next to him to let Subaru hop on. "Come on, in fact!"

Subaru hitched and climbed on top of the beast, sitting behind the great spirit. Seeing that the grimm horde has arrived, he would ask Beatrice. "Where's Meili?!"

Those words would be met by the sight of a horde of Grimm, varying from beowolves, ursai, and more. All bore purple eyes. At the tip of the horde, Meili could be seen riding her gryphon, seemingly proud of herself. 

And in the skies, one could see more gryphons and smaller Nevermores accompanying the army, bewildering Subaru at how potent Meili's semblance quickly had become.

Both Subaru and her looked at each other and nodded, resulting in Meili sending off a part of the horde towards Proxima, as the rest rode to the source of the barrage, Shaula.

The Crimson Scorpion would keep pressuring the Archbishop, countless white magic circles surrounding her, sending needle after needle towards her target.

"Shaula!"

She could hear the yell of her master, which turned her attention towards him as he arrived with Beatrice. 

"Master! Am I doing well?" She yelled back, her voice muffled by the sounds of the needles being fired. 

"Keep pressing, wait for the signal!"