6. Party Under The Moonlight

The sound of shoes slapping fast on the stone-paved road can be heard. Two people hastily running at mostly the same pace, but with two different expressions and conditions. One is a young man wearing a tracksuit, not bothering to even get well-dressed for this very occasion, he is getting exhausted at trying to catch up to her, sweat running through his forehead. The other is a little girl dressed in a flamboyant red dress with her hair styled into a pair of drills the size of her petite body. Unlike the one behind her, she is quite excited for this event to occur, both genuinely and for the sake of her contractor to be happy for once in a while.

Two weeks, two weeks had passed for both of them in this new world. After Subaru and Beatrice's private talk together, both had been working hard to try and adapt to the new world as best as they could, and so far it had paid off quite well. New people were met, and relationships were established and solidified being one of the many better results of their efforts. If they could say their opinion right now, they would say that it had been worthwhile and quite successful.

The girl, Beatrice, turned around after suddenly stopping right at the entrance. Arms rested on her small hips, she is slightly pouting, "Subaru, you should be faster than me, I suppose! We are running out of time to join the party, in fact!" She said, her tone now slightly similar to that of a little girl trying to play with her brother.

"Beako, you know how fast you ran right!? I just woke up from an evening nap!" Said Subaru between tired breaths, slowing down his pace to take a short rest, "After all, why are you so excited for a dance party? I thought my precious Beako liked books more!"

"Well you are ignorant on how active Betty is at dancing, I suppose! Petra taught me how to play games and dance whenever you were away with the boys, in fact!" She turned her head away akin to that of a child throwing a tantrum, a huff came out of her nose in the process.

"Was it fun?" He said, smiling at the thought of his precious little spirit now playing with other kids, 'They grow up so fast!' He jokingly thought.

"Well it was, I suppose! Betty can even dare to say that she had more fun with her friend Petra rather than you, in fact!"

Hearing that statement, Subaru fell on to his knees, and in an overdramatic fashion, began to grasp his heart and place his hand onto his forehead before faking a cry for mercy "My precious Beako, how could you say that bold statement in front of me, I might just die from sadness if you keep going! Oh, how could this world be so cruel!"

As predicted, she was shocked, and began to approach closer to check on him, "Su-Subaru, are you alright, I suppose!? Do you need to be hugged by Betty again, in fact!? Betty's sorry to downplay you! Don't cry, I suppose!"

Subaru's plan worked, a smile grew on his face as he began to play his trump card, "You fell for it fool..."

Her eyes twitched in surprise, "What, I suppose?"

"Killer Move: Tickle Swarm!"

He tackled her to the ground, his hands reaching her abdomen and his fingers began to move around her, "Subaru, what are you doing, I suppose!? Stop, in f-pfftwehehhe, sto-hehehe, we'll get people's attention!"

"This is your punishment for downplaying my love for you Beako! Taste the tickles of death!"

"Subaru, Beatrice! You're finally here!" Said a voice, high pitched and fitting for someone like her, excitement and happiness in her tone.

The rather short girl, only as tall as Subaru's shoulder, entered the scene and interrupted their session of tickle torture, allowing Beatrice to breathe easy. Ruby was dressed in a rose-colored gown. If Subaru were to judge, it would fit her name being related to the color red.