10. Window Shopping

The rumble of engines grew louder as the Bullhead landed on the airship pad. Soon, the engines were cut off and the doors began to open with the blaring beep-like sound of the airship's alarm signaling their arrival, similar to how the subway trains from Subaru's home country would sound like when they stopped at a station. Subaru came out first with Beatrice behind him while the others waited, holding his hand as they descended the steps and gaze upon the sight in front of them in awe.

They landed at the entrance of what is known as the commercial district. Shops, cafes, grocery stores and food carts alike filled the streets with brimming activity, a sight he had not seen since he had visited the Capital of Lugunica. Both faunus and humans alike walked along the pedestrian roads while cars occasionally passed by, driving through the cross-section, where the group currently was. The futuristic dust lamp posts and banners can be seen in front of the low rise commercial buildings, glowing a holographic blue hue while showing the ads and displays that were essential for the common civilian, such as the map of the district and some local landmarks.

"This really reminds me of the Capital, right Beako?" Said Subaru, looking towards the spirit as she was gazing in awe at the sights of the bustling city in front of her.

However, after being noticed by him, she quickly changed her expression into something more fitting of her, a small frown with her neutral eyes, "Betty does not see any resemblance of Lugunica to this place, I suppose. However Betty would agree that this place is beautiful and majestic," she replied, "Though not as beautiful and majestic as Betty, in fact!" she said, giving a prideful huff as Subaru chuckled and heatpatted her as a response.

"Beako's really cute when she does that!" said Ruby, a smile on her face as she walked up to the pair and greeted them.

"Why are you still using Betty's Subaru's nickname for Betty, I suppose!?" Beatrice questioned, annoyed that Ruby had called her a name only Subaru was allowed to use.

"Ehe," was all she got in response, further annoyed the spirit, who angrily responded with

"What do you mean by 'Ehe', I suppose!?"

"Beako, could you please calm down and not get overly attached to a nickname please!?" interrupted Subaru, trying to stop an argument from breaking out.

"Beako is Subaru's own word, I suppose! He should put a copyright claim on it! No one should use it other than Betty's Subaru!" Beatrice brashly responded.

"Beatrice, could you please calm down? It's just a nickname!" Ruby pleaded, trying to sooth the spirit.

"Betty will not calm down if it's a request coming from someone who stole Subaru's word!"

"Beako." Subaru warned, assisting Ruby in her efforts to calm Beatrice down.

"What is it, I suppose?"

"Stop arguing or you won't get any sweets for a month"

Beatrice looked down in sadness, puffing up her cheeks in the process. No sweets for a day are alright for her, but if it's for a month and it is a punishment coming from her very own contractor, that's just too much!

So she sighed and reluctantly uttered, "Betty will stop, Ruby can use the nickname whenever she wants, in fact."

This earned her a head pat from him, "Good girl, you'll get extra sweets once we get back!"

Suddenly, Yang who had lagged behind, watching the spectacle unfold, cut through both Subaru and Beatrice, catching them with a mix of surprise and anger. Ruby, though she secretly hated it whenever she ruined a moment like that.

"So!" She started, looking back at the group, "Where are we heading?"

"How about we visit the dust shops nearby and see if there are some discounts?" Weiss replied, suddenly appearing right beside Ruby, "We could stock up so we don't have to refill too."