What could've been (Notes)

This is the list of notes and plot points that I still remember on the story Yet Another World. If you wish to know how it's planned to end, this is it. If you wish to somehow adopt the story and make it your own, feel free to use it as reference. If you wish to know more about the notes, feel free to contact me.

Arc 2:
The final chapters of Arc 2 would mostly involve Qrow getting kidnapped by a surprise villain known as Barachiel, Penny dying to Azrael Rosalina Castella, and Ruby opening her silver eyes for the first time. A small timeskip would happen, Beacon is ruined, the world is in chaos. Ruby and Subaru would have a talk with each other regarding loss and grief, with Ruby herself basically becoming depressed over her own failures and not being able to save anyone. Ruby would stay in her home here, while Subaru, Beatrice, Shaula, and the remnants of team JNPR (as well as Yang) would be the one to go to Mistral in search of Qrow.

The two OCs that I've made, Indigo and Scarlet, plus Neopolitan, would join together to leave for Mistral (note: Scarlet almost killed herself over her failure to keep Indigo safe, Subaru stopped that).

There would be in total three epilogues in Arc 2 (excessive I know), they're mostly filler, but do have some important details for future arcs of the story, but not in the short term but rather long term. Other than that though, the final epilogue of arc 2 would bring Ram, Omega, and Emilia to Remnant and explain the initial efforts of the re zero gang + the brother gods in opening a portal that would connect the two worlds.

Arc 3:
- It's planned to begin with two preludes, depicting Weiss' time during the one year timeskip and her leaving the Schnee mansion to go on a quest for Mistral (much like canon but earlier), and the second one being Blake's time in Menagerie. Menagerie would fall in the Prelude, being taken over by Pandora's forces, particularly two or three of her subordinates taking command and putting the entire island on house arrest.

- Arc 3 would mostly focus on Subaru's relationship with JNPR and Yang, the main villain being Barachiel. There would be a death loop involving Subaru trying to escape Adam, Raven, and an OC villain who was meant to be the mother figure of Indigo and Scarlet and the former most trusted advisor of V (true name Vincent Morales) turned undead soldier. The main group would eventually reconcile with Indigo and Scarlet and stay at V's hideout, introducing several more original characters to the cast, as well as connecting Subaru's group to Emilia + Omega + Ram + Oscar Pines/Ozpin.

The final battle of arc 3 would involve something reminscent of Re:Zero's arc 5, a city wide conflict, with a Hydra Grimm attacking the city too that would begin to infect the populace and giving them grimm sickness. Ruby would have a major character arc throughout the arc and play a significant role in defeating Barachiel alongside other characters that are present in this arc. And don't worry, Qrow would be free after this.

Arc 4:
- Continuing onwards, most arc 3 unique characters stay behind, arc 4 follows a relatively close plan according to volume 7 and 8, kind of, at least thematically. Proxima was meant to play a very huge role in this because his backstory is heavily tied to Atlas, and this arc would also depict Gabriel's full rebellion against Pandora too (Arc 3 would show her first steps towards that by offering remote assistance to the main group). The end of arc 4 is basically volume 8 turned up to 11, with a giant grimm serpent reminscent of the world serpent known as Ramiel conjuring a continent wide storm that cuts Atlas away from the world, and Atlas would eventually be destroyed, but the populace would be evacuated just like in volume 8, with them going to Vacuo. Subaru however would be kidnapped by Pandora and gets teleported to Menagerie. Ram gets her horn back here btw.

Arc 5:
- Arc 5 is the menagerie arc, rather short compared to what's planned for arc 4, but Menagerie would be ruined by the ensuing battle, although multiple villains that are involved would die. Cinder makes her last sacrifice here after being redeemed, and Summer (planned to be Summer Maiden) escaped. Subaru though...not so much, he'll be paralyzed and then taken to the dark continent.

Arc 6:
- Two plotlines, Subaru's treacherous journey in formerly Salem's castle, and Ruby's group rallying up an army (and no, the wonderland arc of volume 9 doesn't play here. It's entirely unnecessary especially since Ruby's arc in volume 9 got depicted much earlier in this fic). The final battle is reminscent of Endgame, with the rezero world coming as reinforcements, Ruby + Ozcar + Emilia fights Pandora, Gabriel in her full display of active rebellion fights Proxima, Subaru alongside Shaula, Reinhard, Beatrice, and Volcanica fights a rampaging Satella that erupted in rage after Subaru's very mind and soul was violated by Pandora's grimm torture.

[Side note: Arc 6 also concludes the whole ordeal about Subaru's sage candidacy, he would talk to Flugel himself here in some dreamscape related to a Mcguffin item Pandora has, and it would also definitively testify Subaru's stance on what he should be and how much he dislikes Flugel for abandoning Shaula, who is basically his daughter]

In the end, the heroes won, of course. All of these notes are rather vague in nature, and that's mostly because I have forgotten many intricate details. But trust me, I know that past me was cooking here, especially with how meticulous I was in planning character arcs better (dare I say) than the writers at RT themselves.

Subaru would eventually come to marry Emilia here, though the ending is a bit bittersweet cuz he can't fulfill his promise to Satella to save her, being forced to kill her and all. Everyone else though (aside from like almost all of the villains), gets their happy ending. Can't specify much cuz I am writing this in a hurry.

Confirmed ships:
- Subaru x Emilia
- Subaru x Shaula (father daughter relationship)
- Ruby x Weiss
- Yang x Her dream of exploring the world (I remembered that was her dream and why she became a huntress)
- Blake x Sun (sorry bumblebee shippers, I want to make things unique plus it makes sense since Blake had been stuck with Sun since the in-between period of arc 2 and 3)
- Penny x not dying multiple times
- Maybe some more I didn't remember, idk.

Note: Again, this whole thing is based off of what I remember about my own fic. If you wish to adopt the story, feel free to reach out to me on discord (my tag is cutieoni), and we can discuss about the details of the story and see if I can jog my memory some more, maybe we can change some details about the fic or something too.

But until then, love yourself y'all. Hope you have a good life.