13. Aftermath.

Subaru breathed heavily, standing there with his left hand now lowered and relaxed. Scarlet Blackhall, the real name of his most recent enemy, lay defeated in front of his eyes, knocked out in the middle of the road that was the battleground of his death loop. He exhaled, calming his mind down from the surge of adrenaline that coursed through his body. His expression began to calm down and relax, his terrifying eyes still staring at the unconscious assassin in front of him.

His victory did not end in a cheer nor celebration, merely silence from everyone present. To Subaru, the silence was preferable. He, along with everyone else present, were exhausted in both body and mind by the recent fight. Weiss dropped to her knees, supported by Myrtenaster as she tried not to faint. Indigo slowly stood up using a nearby piece of rubble to support her. Beatrice followed the pair, quickly approaching her contractor.

"Is she alright?" Asked Indigo, gazing at him who turned his head to face her.

Subaru nodded, "She's still breathing, just knocked out from that punch." He said, "I'll go back and carry Ruby, we need to get back to Beacon and report to Oz-chi about this whole thing."

"Oz-chi?" Indigo tilted her head in confusion at his term used for what she guessed, the second person she hated the most with a passion.

"I-it's a nickname I gave him the first time we met! That's all!" He hastily explained, flailing his arms in panic, energetic as ever.

"Betty's Subaru is weird when it comes to nicknames, I suppose." Beatrice interrupted, "Betty will check on the Ruby girl's condition if you want before Subaru carry her back to Beacon"

"That won't be necessary, I can do it on my own, thanks for worrying Beako." He said, head patting her as a way of reassurance. Subaru then went over and checked on Ruby briefly. As expected, she's stable and her breathing is normal, as if she's asleep. Subaru can only smile in relief, seeing an innocent face once again after experiencing death thrice over. He then proceeded to carry her from the rubble, she's not that heavy as he initially thought she would be. He then looked towards Weiss who raised an eyebrow towards him.

"Shouldn't it be me that should carry her? Your whole body is probably in a worse condition than mine right now." Weiss said, slowly standing up. She can see that despite his aura, his body is not getting any better, still full of cuts and most of them were deep. Perhaps it's because of how weak of an aura he possessed?

"Well, I did say I was the target. So it's kinda my fault that all of this happened in the first place, right? Plus, only Beako here is left unscathed, we're all pretty much wounded and tired, and she can't carry someone as big as Ruby. And I doubt you can carry her too." He explained.

Weiss can only sigh at his stubbornness before looking at Indigo, who is now carrying her old friend on a piggyback, smiling a little that her old friend is at least alright now. Her stare sharpened up, a bit upset that she's carrying an enemy, especially one who had hurt more than half of the group. She must ask her about this decision, and she would argue about this if allowed to.

"What? Is something on my face?" Indigo asked, a bit oblivious of her mood.

"Nothing, just wondering how are you able to stand up and carry your...friend like that with a gaping hole in your body..." Weiss responded, "While also wondering why you are carrying a potential enemy! Who knows what's gonna happen to us once she wakes up with her aura fully regenerated! If you intend to bring her to Beacon, she will cause even more damage!"

"She is my friend, I cannot leave her behind. And even if she does turn like that once she wakes up, is it even wise to leave her here too? It's better to make it to Beacon where there are actual rooms Ozpin had set up just for this. Trust me, I've seen them" Indigo countered her.