○● C H A P T E R 12 ●○

My papa puts me to sleep, kisses me on the head and then walks out of the room.

After a few minutes, I wake up to the sounds of things breaking and people screaming,

“papa. What's happening?” I whisper to myself.

I then I slowly push myself out of my bed, and try to walk, falling at nearly every step.

As I get to the bottom of the stairs, I turn and find a man with his foot on my daddy's head.

I hide behind the door and then watch the man fire a bullet into my papa's head, then he got a knife and carved a name into my daddy's arm with a knife. Blood started to pour and I began to cry.

The man stood up and came closer to me, grabbing my chin. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes as he said,

“You pretty little thing.”

I tried to shake him off.

I didn’t like this man, he was scary.

“nu uh little one, don’t try to get away.” The man says as he wipes my tears, but they kept falling and they wouldn't stop.

Why is my papa not moving, what happened to him? Why won't he make this man go away and leave me alone?

The man stood up and looked at me, like I was a lost kitten.

He held his gun up to me and shot at my leg, and I began to cry in pain.

“You're lucky I'm not killing you. I probably would have, but I see something in those little eyes, you have a type of fire in you. I'll be back for you one day, or I'll wait for you to find me. Until then, little one.”