○● C H A P T E R 18 ●○

I woke up the next morning, not wanting to move. Last night was tiring, after the shooting, me and my men had to go to do some paperwork. There Omertà was broken by some men, so we had to go and kill them.

Whoops. Then I went to my warehouse and checked it out and I was back to the penthouse by 3am. So, I had barely gotten any sleep. Sadly, I had gotten myself a date with Dante and didn’t want to bail on him, anyway it had been way too long since my last date, actually a blind date that sage set me up for, let's just say it ended badly, and him with a nasty scar on his face.

I shake the thought off, and got dressed into my, maroon crop-top, blue ripped jeans and a pair of black heels. Perfect.

Dante came to pick me up half an hour later and seated me in his car. We made small talk, Dante was a great guy, and he could be a great friend of mine. When we got out, he opened the door for me, this guy was such a gentleman.

I wonder how he was such close friends with Xzaiver, they are completely opposites. Dante walked me to the table and pulled the chair out, “malady.”

He said as I sat down. I smiled, god maybe going on dates more often wouldn’t be so sad. I laughed at the thought and then looked up, Dante was on the phone,

“But-...Xzaiver I can't I'm on a dat-. Dude this is the one time I ask for a few hours of...Wait what? No, I'll come right away.” Then he ended the call. Dante looked at me with wide eyes,

“Amaya I'm sorry-” he said, “Dante its fine, I know how this shit works okay, just go.” I smiled “I will make this up to you, I promise.” he said. “Yeah, yeah get along.” I said laughing and then he was gone.

I was feeling frustrated, I could have stayed in bed instead of coming to this shit. Well, I have got to make the most of this. I rang sage and told her to come and eat with me.

Of course, she agreed, and got here in 15 minutes. “Amaya! We have got to quickly eat there's a party in 3 hours, and you're coming, I'm not taking no for an answer.” She squealed.

“No, I'm not coming I need a break from all these parties, maybe another time sage.” I said lazily. Sage thought for a second and then said, “Brad will be there, imagine the deals you could score tonight.”

And then she raised her eyebrows. I contemplated for a second then said, “Fine but this is going to be the last party, I attend for a while. Okay?”

“Omg, yes yes Amaya, I'm so excited woo.” She spined and then sat back down when she realized, we were getting weird looks. After we ate, sage took me to her house, so we could get ready.

I had a lot of shit in sages house, mainly because, I practically grew up here. When I walked in, I saw mini sage, aka Lia. She ran up to me and gave me a tight hug and I began to laugh.

“Amaya, you haven't been over in ages! Why have you been gone for so long.” “Sorry, girl I been really busy with work, Yanno how it is.” She nodded and said, “Tomorrow I'm turning 14, I'm SOOO exited.” She was wearing one of her brightest smiles.

This girl was growing up a little too fast. “Also, Lia got a boyfriend.” Sage teased “Really Lia, and you didn’t think to tell me?” Lias cheeks grew a dark shade of pink and I laughed whilst saying, “Well Lia you know if he messes you about, I'll be ready to kick his ass.” and then we all began to laugh.

I got up, to go get ready and let Lia do my hair, she was good at it. Soon, me and sage were ready, and we headed to the party, hopefully the last party I was going to attend for the next weeks.