Together (Cleon)

This is my first attempt at writing for a ship within the RE universe. It was a lot of fun and I plan on doing more : )

 It was a lot of fun and I plan on doing more : )

Together

It's about nine in the morning when Claire flutters her eyes open to the bright morning sun peering through the window and the sound of birds tweeting away outside. A strong arm placed around her waist brings the blue-eyed beauty to a place of warmth. She smiles at the feeling; Claire relaxes into the body with a sigh of pure contempt.

She turns in the arms, holding her body tight. There lays Leon S. Kennedy in all of his glory. Claire smiles again at the man she had fallen in love with. Even after the nightmare they had survived, Claire could only think about the good times. She struggled to understand why and how their paths had crossed, but when the man himself places a kiss on her head, it didn't really matter in the end.

Claire turns in his arms and hooks her leg over his body while clinging to his side. The two are completely in love, Leon's hand trails along Claire's leg lightly. Creating a goosebump effect as she shivers at the contact. "Morning, love," Leon mumbles, still half asleep.

Claire giggles at her husband and snuggles as far as she can go into his neck. Claire inhales his intoxicating scent. The smell calms the memories of what they survived in Raccoon City. Leon senses her tense body and whispers sweet nothings into her ear, placing the best kisses he can provide on her temple.

Leon turns to his left to see their fluffy friend, Luna. A large husky with piercing blue eyes, just like Claire. Leon calls Luna, who instantly perks from her bed located next to Leon and Claire's. Luna dives onto the bed and smothers the married couple in kisses, causing an eruption of laughter from the humans. Luna's tail wags, and the sound of her collar and nametag jingle through the master bedroom.

It's only a matter of time before two sets of feet pattering against the flooring just outside of the bedroom burst into the room. A mini-Leon and a Mini-Claire run towards the bed before being tackled by the father, Leon. The parents begin to tickle the children to the sound of extreme merriment. Family mornings were always the best, and Claire wouldn't change a single thing.

Her son, Nick, looks every bit like her husband. Their facial features are similar, and he even has the same style and color of hair as his father. Stephanie was also the spitting image of her mother; them blue eyes and the devilish Redfield charm had been ultimately passed over.

Luna joins the fun with the kids and Leon while Claire sits back to admire the family unit she and Leon had built for themselves. Claire had no idea that the nightmare she endured would end up giving her the dream she wanted. Claire savored every moment; every smile was captured by her brain like a permanent photograph. Even when Nick had wrapped his small arms around her shoulders, she remained in her blissful trance.

Leon stands from the bed, holding Stephanie while lifting her in the air and balancing her on his hip. Claire can see his mouth moving, but she's zoned out as to what is being said; the small arms of her son tug her back into reality as he whines about not being picked up like his sister. So, Claire rectifies the situation by giving her son a kiss attack to the cheek, which always gives Nick a hilarity burst.

Leon says something about making breakfast for everyone, which comes as quite a surprise to his wife. Claire stands with her son in her protective arms and feigns a gasp of shock; Leon laughs the joke away and leads the way downstairs to their reasonably sized kitchen. Luna rushes down the stairs, pushing past Leon's legs to scratch at the door, which leads to the back garden. Which Leon obliges the dog's angsty request to be let out immediately.

The kids demand to be let down so that they can run out to play in the back garden as well, and the parents happily concede to the request. Leaving Claire and Leon in the kitchen alone. Claire walks to the refrigerator and retrieves an unopened carton of apple juice, but before she can close the door, two strong hands cover her shorts, clad hips and pull Claire into the male body of Leon Kennedy. Leon sprinkles Claire's shoulder with feather touched kisses as a reminder of their love. Claire gets so lost in the moment that she almost drops the refreshment in her hand.

"What's on your mind, baby?" Leon asks softly while continuing his assault on Claire's shoulder with his lips. Claire leans back into his brilliant touch. The radiating heat from his strong build body gives Claire butterflies that rage in her stomach.

"I'm happy, Leon. I haven't felt like this in a long time; I'm happy because I have everything I could ever need and want." Claire says with such certainty. Leon finally pulls away from Claire's shoulder, and he spins her around so that her beautiful face is in front of him. Leon's hands never leave Claire's body as he leans in to connect their lips in the sweetest of kisses. This was Claire's serotonin blast that she had hoped for; all of this was her steady reminder of why she was so blessed to have the life she had.

The sound of paws clicking against the kitchen floor brought Claire and Leon out of their bubble. A very happy Luna storms toward the two with the hopes of being fed. To her delight, Leon had already set about making sure Luna had food at the ready, and it wasn't long before she was digging in.

Leon sets about getting his family the food that they deserve for breakfast while Claire went out to join the pair of siblings currently playing outside. Leon watches from his place behind the island in the middle of the large kitchen; he can't even control the wide smile that plasters his face.

After Raccoon City, Leon found himself struggling to come to terms with the nightmares that plagued him, but Claire was his antidote. She was able to cure him of the awful visions that he would encounter from time to time. Her love to him was the remedy, and the life they lived now was everything great that came after the cure.

And so, the day was spent in a way that maximized the happiness of all parties involved. Leon and Claire got to spend time with their kids, Luna, and each other. Making today the one where they all spent it together.

Claire leans into Leon's ear to tell him exactly what was on her mind. "I love you with all my heart, Leon. And I will love you forever and always."

Yes. I named their kids after the voice actors because I couldn't think of any names, lmao.

Claire Redfield in the Jill Valentine battle suit

Happy Valentine's day guys!! Hope you have an amazing day <3