Saving Grace (Ada Wong)

Hey Everyone. this was a request from someone who has taken on a few of mine recently. 

I hope you enjoy it!!! <3 

So, this was originally going to be the introduction for an Ada Fic, but I kinda lost the idea halfway through planning. Yesterday I decided to start it again, but in the form of an Imagine : )  

Graphic blood and gore description below!!!

As the City is engulfed in the raging inferno of burnt-out cars and utter chaos caused by the living dead. You found yourself sprinting down one of the cities busiest roads. Everywhere you look, it is despair and destruction.

You take the chance to slow down and take in your surroundings. The small local shops that were once stocked for your everyday needs were ransacked and decimated by looters within the City. Cars for as far as the eye can see, burnt out and smashed in. the riots left most undrivable, but with the events of today, it was impossible to drive anyway.

And it was the first time you see it, the sight of a young police officer aiming his pistol at an approaching woman, his warning went upon unhearing ears as she continued to stumble toward the young man. The police officer yells one last warning before lethal force. *BANG* he fires a round into the woman's' leg, but alas. She keeps coming. The look of disbelief on his face is recognizable.

Three more rounds follow, but once again, the woman keeps on coming forward. Eventually, she grabs the officer and sinks her teeth into his neck while forcing him to the floor. You listen to the sickening sound of flesh being ripped from the man's throat; his screams of agony will forever be seared into the darkest parts of your brain.

You watch in horror as the blood seeps from his wound, covering his entire body and uniform in the deep crimson red. A string of flesh being torn from the skin makes you revolt. And just after that, you take off in the opposite direction.

The sound of a gigantic explosion rattles your senses, the blast wipes you from your feet and sends you flying backward, the only thing you can hear is a deafening ringing sound, and it just doesn't seem to go away. As you look up at the once perfectly parked car, you see a man on fire, the flames are spread out from head to toe, he writhes around on the floor in agonizing pain, you can't hear it, but you could tell that his bloodcurdling scream would be enough to give you goosebumps.

Just to add insult to his injuries, three of the undead charge through the flames to get at the burning skin.

This was a nightmare of the highest proportions, you force yourself back to your feet, but your vision is blurred. Before you know what's happening, two hands grab you, you swing your arms in an attempt to knock the intruding hands away from you.

Slowly but surely, your hearing fades back to reality, and a soothing man's voice tells you you're okay. You turn to see an older man in his late forties; he has bloodshot eyes and teeth marks located at the top of his shoulder.

"Come on, you need to ru-"before he can finish one of the infected jumps on his back, you can't watch yet another person get torn apart. So, you run. And you don't stop.

If it wasn't for the fire coating this street, you would have been running in complete darkness. The tangerine flickering creates an eerie atmosphere; with every gust of wind, the light dims, your vision ahead is getting darker and darker, but the one thing you could make out was people. Lots of people.

At least they used to be; the groans and growling coming from the horde ahead told you everything you needed to know. These weren't people; in a drama induced panic, you bolt down the darkest alleyway you could find. You crouch behind a massive, metal dumpster.

The sound of shoes scraping along the rough pavement stabs through your being. Taking a slight peak around the corner, you see the dead wandering aimlessly down the pitch-black street. You're surprised they can't hear your heartbeat from there.

You wait patiently for the horde to pass. While doing so, you keep taking little glances from your seated position behind the dumpster, a bit of time passes by, and the coast seems clear, you creep toward the street entrance, a loud clapping of thunder above frightens you slightly, but not as much as the current situation.

Just as your luck would be, two zombies had become disorientated by the loud clap; they spun on their heels only in time to see you tiptoe into the street. And just like that, you sprint back down the alley. Right at the end sits a door padlocked shut; it doesn't matter how hard you try to yank the door from its hinges, it just won't open. You spin back around to face the approaching threat.

The scene is that from every classic horror movie, with barely any light provided in this dingy alleyway, it's hard to see them, but every so often, a flash of lightning will show them getting closer and closer.

This was it, you thought—just another casualty of the apocalypse, another name on the obituary. Just as one hand grips your shoulder, two loud gunshots buzz through your eardrums, and a red, lukewarm, sticky substance coats your face, and the body drops at your feet.

In shock, you snap your head up to see the smoking barrel of a pistol—a mysterious figure dressed in a long trench coat with sunglasses to complete her strange apocalypse look. You look down on the dead bodies; two accurate headshots were enough to take them down. "Hm good to know," you thought.

"you should be more careful at a time like this" the mysterious figure had the most seductive female voice you had ever heard; the figure slowly approached; she held an aura around her. She was alluring in a way you couldn't explain. The agonizingly slow walk toward you added to your tension.

The long trench coat was an odd choice for the current situation, but what was a woman like this doing slinging a gun around so accurately? Maybe she got lucky? From behind her, you saw another infected storming toward her before the warning could even leave your lips. She spins around and lets a bullet fly right between the eyes.

"I think it's best if you stay with me for now." The enthralling voice states. You can't help but agree; she clearly knows her way around a gun. Her confidence is filled to the brim as she steps out of the shadows as comes so close you could feel her breath against your lips "or do you have a problem with that?" she whispers, before taking your hand and pulling you out of the dark alley and making a beeline for the City ahead.

You don't know what this night will bring, but you could almost bet there will never be a dull moment with this woman who still hadn't introduced herself yet.......

Credit to DemonLeon3D on Deviantart.