Free (Claire)

I hope everyone has had a great weekend !!! 

It's shorter than usual and probably sucks, but I really enjoyed writing this!!

A single golden leaf pirouetted down an invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down. It shook slightly as if it could have been whisked away any second by the grip of an icy wind, but it kept floating down the twirling course. It blew past your face and landed lightly on the ground, the shiny, vibrant color standing out against the ambers and bronzes beneath it. It was so delicate, you wanted to reach down and pick it up and hold it close to your heart, smoothing out any creases, but something told you that it belonged there, this corpse of what was once summer.

The steam from your paper cup spewed out of the top as the warm liquid bounced with every step you took. The sweet aroma of the drink lifted into your nostrils, creating a symphony of smell.

The City around you was a labyrinth of tall buildings, vast and intricate alleyways dotted between the gaps like a gulley for a mouse. Incessant honking from the morning traffic blared throughout the city landscape like a siren, as annoying as the early morning city was. You wouldn't have it any other way.

As the Autumn breeze rolled through once more, you began to regret not wearing a jacket. The shiver that coursed through your spine causes you to shake an endless and repetitive rhythm.

A wave of red coats your body as Claire throws her leather jacket around your shoulders. You shimmy your arms through the sleeves as the jacket fits your body like a glove. Claire presses her soft lips to your cheek in a caring manner, content that her love would now warm up.

The smell of the fresh batch of sweet and spicy rolls cornered every civilian walking through the City. This was the reminder of the waking City, that they had the whole day ahead of them.

Claire would often bring your joined hands up to her lips, giving you the sweetest pecks; that bright smile on the nineteen-year-old was enough to light ten fires within your stomach, her love spread through your body with each simple, but affectionate action she took.

Your smile radiated heat for miles; this had been the happiest version of you for a long time; you were finally free. What's the meaning behind "free" well, Claire had just announced your relationship to her brother, Chris. He was more than accepting of the relationship that blossomed.

Having grown up without parents, Chris was the only family she had left. And that family of hers accepted her sexuality with a gigantic group hug, you included.

The two walked side by side for a few more blocks before out of the blue, she turns to you, stopping all movement. "how about we go on a date tonight? I've waited so long for this. I want to be able to show you off to the world."

The radiant smile you owned only grew larger at the question, a flood of tears threatened to escape, your first "public" date in mind was scary, but a step you were so willing to take.

Without a second thought, you nodded yes, several times over. What could she possibly have in mind for tonight? You wondered.

You watched her side profile as she continued to lead the two of you back to her place; she was beautiful, everything about her exuberated confidence and grace. An actual work of art that none of the amateur painters living in this City could recreate.

It took a while to come up with the words to say, but you settled for. "I've never felt so..... Free in my life, that's because of you."

Part two will be on the way 

Claire......... Omg.

HE'S MINE BTW!!

HE'S MINE BTW!!