▪︎5▪︎

Beca and I are sitting in the diner, handing over our menus to the waiter as we have just ordered. We pick up our wine glasses and clink them with smiles on our faces. 

,,Cheers." Beca says to me with an even bigger smile. Beca and I have been going on this dates ever since I broke up with Elijah. Sure, we waited for two weeks because Beca wanted to give me some time to recover from that relationship. Tonight is our fourth real date. Well, I'm not sure if Beca would call this a date. We haven't talked about this kind of nights. We just spend days together, what seems like dates. I fake a smile and look Beca in the eyes.

,,Cheers!" 

,,Here's to another perfect day, spending with my favorite redhead." I know it's a compliment, but I'm still thinking about what this means to Beca. Does she thinks this is a date, or does she just love to spend time with me?

,,Hmm..." I can only say, while we both sip our wine. My grin drops and I clear my throat nervously. I need to ask her. Beca picks up on my changing mood immediately and puts her glass of wine down. 

,,Are you okay?" 

,,Yeah, it's just..." I take a deep breath, while Beca waits for me to continue. ,,Becs, are we dating?" Beca didn't expect me to ask that question.

,,Why do you think that?" 

,,Well, there are not many friends who dress up real nice and have dinner together but we do. At the end of every month."

,,Yeah, to celebrate payday." I feel myself being disappointed. So Beca just loves to hang out with me. As 'friends'. ,,It's the only day in the month we do anything nice because all our money goes on rent and it's totally what friends do." Again, the 'friends' word. 

,,But it's always just you and me. If it's what friends do then why do we never invite Stacie or Aubrey?" 

,,Because this is our thing. We go for dinner together. Just like it's our thing to binge-watch Netflix every Friday night. And to go to the football games together on a Saturday. And being each other plus one's to family and work events. It's our thi -" Suddenly she stops abruptly and lets out a gasp. ,,Oh, my God! We're dating!"

,,Looks like it." 

,,When did this happen? How did this happen?" I raise my hands innocently. 

,,Wh - don't ask me! I've been doing this thing the same amount of time you have!" We both sit in silence for a few minutes, staring down at our respective place settings, completely stunned. Beca looks up at me nervously.

,,So... are you okay with continuing all this?" I look up at Beca with a coy smile.

,,Well, yeah. If you are?" 

,,Oh I am, I definitely am. I just... haven't ever dated a girl or anyone at all, before." Aw, it's cute that she's nervous. 

,,Well, you're in luck I have. And so you know, I hear that I'm a total catch." I give Beca a wink and she chuckles. 

,,I know. Who knew I'd get so lucky." We sit in silence again, this time looking at one another almost curiously. We are both amazed that we're now officially dating. I reach out, take my wine glass and raise it. 

,,To us?" Beca raises her glass to clink with mine.

,,To us." Beca puts down the glass again and grabs a hold of my hand. ,,Chlo?" I hum in response, so she continues. ,,Can I kiss you?" I smile at her cuteness. Tom never asks me if he can kiss me, he just pulls me to him and places a sloppy, wet kiss on my mouth.