▪︎ 14 ▪︎

The sun shines brightly through the window of my room, into my face, waking me up from my dream of Beca. I rub my eyes, sitting up slowly in my bed. I look over to the two-persons bed that I have laying under my own bed for guests and see that Nina is still asleep, half hanging off the bed and half hugging a pillow. I look at the time to see it's only 9 AM in the morning and decide to go down and see if Zoey is awake. Zoey sleeps on the couch, what she doesn't mind. She knows this apartment isn't very big and because Nina is a restless sleeper, she choose the couch. 

I drag myself out of bed, putting on one of Beca's hoodies that I stole one time and make my way down to the kitchen. Reaching the kitchen, I spot Zoey already awake, sitting at the counter top. She hold a coffee in one hand while she's scrolling through her phone. 

,,Morning Zoey." I smile as I walk around the kitchen to find the Cheerios, milk, bacon and eggs. 

,,Morning, Clover!" Zoey grins brightly. ,,Ready to go out with Kara, Aubrey, Emma and us tonight?"

,,Wait, we're going out?" 

,,Of course we are. You need to have some fun and some bird told me about a guy named Donovan?" 

,,Oh, my God! Aubrey told you, huh?" Zoey only nods. ,,I'm not planning to go out, Zo. I have nobody that can look after Ryan tonight." 

,,Oh, come on! You know Liam loves him. He would love to babysit his favorite nephew." Zoey grabs the Cheerios. ,,Just ask him." 

,,Okay, I'll ask him." A bright smile appears on my sisters face.

,,Yeah! I'm so excited! Tonight is going to be awesome!" She bounces excitedly on her spot, causing some of the Cheerios to fly out of the box. ,,Oops." I laugh.

,,What time do we have to leave?" 

,,That's totally for you to say. I just texted Liam asking if he wanted to babysit Ryan." 

,,You always think forward, huh?" Zoey smiles, grabs a bowl and pours some Cheerios into the bowl. She adds some milk and then she starts eating. I make a bowl for Ryan, who will be awake any minute now. I pour myself a cup of coffee and just sit down next to Zoey, when Nina comes into the kitchen, with Ryan in her arms. 

,,Good morning." She says and sits Ryan into his stool. 

,,Good morning, Nina." I greet my sister first before turning towards Ryan. ,,Good morning, sweety." I give him the bowl with cereals and he gives me a kiss on my cheek as a thank you. 

,,Isn't that Beca's hoodie?" Nina asks me while she pours herself a cup of tea. I look down at my favorite hoodie.

,,Yeah, I stole him once and Beca told me to keep it because it looked better on me than her." 

,,You guys were so sweet." 

,,Mommy?" Ryan looks at me now. ,,Who's Beca?" I knew this would happen some day, but I was hoping it would be later. I look at my sisters for help.

,,Ryan, have you notice the picture on your mothers nightstand?" Ryan nods. ,,Well, that's Beca." Nina explains. 

,,Before you were born, your mother was in a relationship with her." 

,,Happened?" Ryan looks at me. 

,,She disappeared into the ocean." Ryan startle a little bit. ,,I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I didn't know how to tell you." 

,,Your mother loves her, Ryan." Nina says now and Ryan looks confused.

,,What's love, mommy?"