▪︎ 35 ▪︎

It takes an hour for us to arrive at the bowling rink. Ryan is excited to spend time with Noah and Gwen. Little James just as excited. It's so good to see, knowing that his birthday is close.

,,Let's go inside and find our bowling ally." Noah says and open the main entrance.

,,I'm glad you decided to come, Chloe." Gwen hugs me for a small moment.

,,I couldn't resist my little boy." I tell her and follow Noah to the ally.

,,Well, be damned!" I hear and see Liam appear. ,,Noah, you did it. Good job to get Chloe out of the house." I'm very surprised to see my family. Nina, Zoey, Liam, Juliet, Kara, Lena... they're all here smiling widely at me. Little arms come around my waist and when I look down I see Arwen holding on to me.

,,It took a lot of convincing, but she's here." I look at Tim who's holding Sofie in his arms and give him a smile. The smile fades when my eyes find Emma's. She has her arms crossed, obviously not happy to see me.

,,What is she doing here?" She asks Noah, breaking eye contact with me.

,,It was my idea, Em." Liam comes between. ,,I don't know what happened but this isn't healthy. You two need each other, so sack it up and make up already." Emma snort.

,,This is a low punch, Liam! She knows what she did and I'm not ready to talk." And after that Emma walks to one of the two ally's we're going to use. I stay quiet as I follow Noah to the other ally.

,,She will come around, Chloe." Kara sits next to me with Lena. ,,She won't admit it now, but I know she misses you."

,,I just wish I could talk to her. I know I messed up again, but losing Emma is not worth it." They smile at me encouraging before the game starts.

The game is going good for our team as Kara, Liam, Noah and I are scoring strikes. I can see that Emma is struggling because she's not focused on the game. Does Kara saw it right? Is Emma just as miserable as I am? Ryan stands up and walks over to Emma with his ball.

,,Auntie Emma?" Emma puts on a fake smile as she turns to him.

,,Hey!" She says, smiling while giving him a kiss. ,,Do you score good tonight?"

,,Not as good as mommy but I will." Emma laughs.

,,Well, I guess I need to step up my game."

,,You can use my ball." Ryan hold up his ball towards Emma and I can see that she's touched by his gesture. She grabs his ball and squats in front of him, putting the ball on the floor.

,,Thank you little guy. Hey, do you want to know a secret?" I can see Ryan's eyes widen in excitement as he nods eagerly. ,,Your aunt Beca was a master in bowling. Every time we went bowling she would crush your mom. Well, everyone who was with her basically. Nobody was as good as your aunt Beca." My eyes widen, knowing the memory comes. Luckily I'm already sitting because next thing I know is that my vision turns black, taking me back to that specific moment.

Flashback

,,You guys are going down!" Wyatt yells as he points to our team and gives Beca a high five. We always make teams whenever we decide to go bowling, but somehow Beca and I are never in the same team. We're going to use two ally's because we're a party of twelve. The first team is made of Wyatt, Nina, Beca, Tim, Liam and Gwen, and the other team is made of Noah, Emma, Zoey, Juliet, Kara and myself. I knew Beca and Wyatt were competitive but I'm surprised that Liam is just as competitive. Maybe it's a Mitchell family thing.

Beca laughs and blows me a kiss. I blush as Emma puts her arm around my shoulders.

,,Don't celebrate just yet, Bec. We have your weak point." Beca's older sister gives her a wink. ,,I'm pretty sure your precious girlfriend can distract you, making you throw in the gutter." Emma must know Beca is a master in bowling and so she tries to make her nervous, using me.