▪︎ 27 ▪︎

Today Kara is visiting me, wanting to talk to me about something. She didn't say what she wanted to tell me through our phone conversation, but it did sound important. 

,,How's university treating you?" I ask Kara. Kara is nineteen and so a sophomore in Barden University. Lena is one year older than Kara, so they still got a year to spend time together. That is if Kara doesn't fail one of her classes on purpose, like I did.

,,It's great and an honor that I can lead the Bella's to victory, just like you and Beca did when you were in college." 

,,So, you're the new captain?" 

,,Co-captain. Lena is the other captain. We have so many talents in the Barden Bella's now. There's one girl who Lena and I picked right away, right after her audition." 

,,That was fast, she must be really good." 

,,She is," Kara grabs her phone out of her pocket. ,,I'll show you." She search through her phone until she stops and shows me the video. ,,This was her audition." I hold onto Kara's phone and watch a blonde girl perform.

,,Barden has a band on stage now?"

,,Things are different at Barden University now. Sure, there are many basic rules but we removed the rule to date with a Treble. How could you guys accept that stupid rule?" 

,,Well, it was tradition. Aubrey was not someone to change rules." 

,,Until Beca came and changed her mind about the performing songs." I nod and listen a little more to the song.

,,I'm a little confused tho." I say. ,,She has an amazing voice, but from who is the song? I don't recognize the song." 

,,That's because Olivia wrote it herself." 

,,You can audition with an original song?" I'm surprised that Barden has changed so much this two years. 

,,Well, Beca did that too, remember and you were almost drooling." Kara gives me a wink and I blush, looking at the video once again. 

,,Olivia is very talented." 

,,I know right, I was thinking... maybe Emily can introduce her to her bosses at Republic Records. That girl is so talented that she deserves a record deal." 

,,You should send this video to Emily. Maybe she can put a good word in for Olivia." Kara nods and then puts her phone back into her pocket. 

,,But how are you holding up?" Kara turns towards me. ,,Since the authorities started searching again, they found bodies but none of them were Beca's. That must be hard." 

,,Well, it is hard, but I have enough people around me who are taking my mind off of the investigation. So, thank you for that and I keep hoping they will find Beca eventually." 

,,They will." Kara put her arm around my shoulders. ,,Hey, do you still have Beca's audition on your phone? I would love to see it again." I nod and look up the video. The memory comes in my mind, so I quickly give Kara my phone before the memory takes over. 

Flashback

,,There are a lot of freshman's this year." I'm sitting next to Aubrey in the auditorium, waiting for our fellow students to do audition. Freshman's are here, but also sophomores. I've already seen sophomores that I know. Jesse, Stacie and Benji, but also Tom, Chicago and Bumper. There's a lot of talent among the freshman's and sophomores. We already has a few names: Amy, Jessica, Ashley, Lily... but I miss one name. I miss her beautiful eyes and her appearance. I really thought that I had convinced her to come, but that turns out not to be the case.

,,We already have a lot of people for the Bella's. How many students do you want?" I ask with a little disappointment in my voice.

,,Just a few more. Students have just as much time as last year, so they have still a couple of minutes."

,,Do you think she will come?"

,,Who?"

,,Beca." Aubrey raises her eyebrows. ,,I invited her, but she isn't here."

,,Well, that means she doesn't want to join. Simple, right?" 

,,I thought that I could change her mind, but I was wrong I guess."

,,Don't blame yourself, she's just -" And that's when I see her. The auditions are just over and now she's here.

,,Hi." She say shyly. ,,I didn't know we had to prepare that song." That's true, I didn't told her what song she needed to prepare.

,,That's okay, you can sing any song you want." I say quickly before Aubrey can send her away. Beca is actually too late because the auditions are over, but Aubrey needs to hear her voice. Beca bends down on her knees and lean forward a little. I can see her boobs a little and I bit my lip, enjoying the view. 

,,Can I?" She points to the yellow cup with pencils in it. I nod, because Aubrey can't say anything. She grabs the cup and empty it. The pencils are on the desk now, but my eyes are only watching every move she makes. She sits on her haunches and put the cup in front of her. There's a moment of silence when our eyes meet. Right now it looks like we're the only one in this room, only Beca and I and I can't stop the warm feeling that is in my body. The way she looks at me - it look like she's putting me under a spell - and I'm enchanted. Even more when she starts to sing. Her voice is lovely and I can see us under the showers again. Her perfect body in front of me, her beautiful eyes that were staring into mine, the sweetest smile I've ever seen and the way she was checking me out. I'm happy we have contact through chat until late and that we are best friend. It's amazing how she's being protective about her younger siblings; Liam, Wyatt and Kara. I really care about Beca and that feeling is mutual. I want to be her girlfriend and plan to ask her tonight. Hopefully she will say yes. My thoughts are interrupted by Beca, who stops singing. I look at Aubrey and I see that she's impressed. This is going well, I'm pretty sure Beca's going to be a Bella.

,,We'll let you know." Is the only thing Aubrey is telling her and she let her walk away. I don't doubt and grab my phone.

Chloe: Wow, you were really great on that stage! 😍

Beca: Aw, thanks 😚.

Chloe: Are you busy tonight?

Beca: I have an appointment with Stacie, sorry. 😔

Chloe: It's okay, I'm glad you have her as your best friend. I'll see you tomorrow at Bella's practice 😘

Beca: You know I care about you more 😚. And about the Bella's, I'm not sure 🤔. Let's say you will see me at practice if your lady friend let me be a Bella. She didn't seem impressed by my performance just minutes ago.

Chloe: You will be there, believe me 😉

,,Chloe, are you coming?" Yells Aubrey while standing at the door. I didn't even notice her standing up. I put my phone back in my pocket and sprint towards her. I'm positive about Beca becoming a Bella, it's only a matter of time...