▪︎ 21 ▪︎

Emma, Liam, Finn, Lena, Kara, Emily, Quinn and I are on our way to a parking lot close to Fifth Avenue, after I dropped off Ryan at my mom's. Kara and Emily are excited and talk about what they want to buy inside. Emma is driving us in her Subaru Ascent, which is suitable for exactly eight people. Emma often joke around that she can't have more children than four. Sometimes I feel jealous off her having a lot of money, a good job, husband and already two children. She's only two years older than that I am, but has her life in order as it is. Arwen and Sofie are so cute!

Emma parks on the parking lot and shuts off the engine. She turns towards me, Lena, Finn and Quinn.

,,Okay," She says. ,,Let's get this out of the way. I don't want either of you to look at the price tags or worry about how much something costs. It's on me." She immediately puts up her hand when she see me open my mouth to argue. ,,No," She tells me strictly. ,,You have been doing amazingly for almost two-and-a-half-years now that I want to show my appreciation."

,,But Em -"

,,No, Chloe. You know I'm a well known surgeon at the Mount Sinai hospital and make a lot of money a year. And Tim owns Republic Records. We have enough money and I want to treat my favorite sister-in-law. Just say thank you and we're good. Got it?"

,,Got it." I say and give her a thankful smile.

,,Good." We all get out of the car. Kara and Lena immediately runs after Liam and Finn to the Vans store, while Quinn and Emily runs to Victoria's Secret. I look over towards Emma.

,,Let's go find ourselves a dress." I say and pull her with me to Ann Taylor. Right away we find dresses and try several on. Emma finds a dress and tries it on. ,,You look amazing, Emma." I tell her, once she steps out of the changing stall again.

,,Well, thank you. And look over there," Emma points out to one clothing rack, where a sexy royal blue one-shoulder dress hangs. ,,That dress literally screams your name." I walk over to the dress she points out and I have to admit that this is a beautiful dress. ,,Go change into it and let me see how it fits you." Emma push me towards the changing rooms. I put the dress on and step outside the dressing room.

A/N: I know that this is not Chloe, but I just wanted to show you guys the dress

,,Wow," Emma says. ,,You look stunning." I smooth down the dress.

,,You think so?"

,,Absolutely," Emma swallows before continuing. ,,Beca will be floored if she could see you in that." Tears form in my eyes when Emma mention Beca. A woman carrying several items of clothing comes around the corner and stops short when she sees me.

,,Wow," She says. ,,You look hot!"

,,Uhm, thanks?"

,,I'm Denise," the woman says, walking close to me. ,,Maybe you'd like to wear that dress out to dinner with me."