▪︎ 15 ▪︎

I'm actually waking up early today. I couldn't sleep anymore. The more dreams I have about Beca, the more it hurt. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Beca in my dreams, but I wish I could see her for real. I wish she was still alive and here with me right now, but I'm afraid that can never happen anymore.

Today is a new day. I'm planning to go to the authorities and show them my investigation but I don't want to go alone. Should I ask Kara to come with me? I mean, she found those seven islands. She was smart to look further than the obvious. I can't believe I didn't think about that.

I sigh and look at Beca's photo on my nightstand. What would she think about me if she was here? Would she be just as mad as Stacie is or be supportive like Liam and Emma? Would she love Ryan or despise him? The thought of Beca hating my son hurts me, but IF she's still alive, that can be one truth.

First things first. I need to show the authorities what Kara and I found out. I grab my phone and send Kara a message asking if she can meet me today. Luckily it doesn't take long for her to reply that she can be here in two hours. Smiling I get out of bed and walk downstairs, thinking about what I should do more today. Sharing the investigation with the authorities doesn't take all day and I have only today and tomorrow left of my week off. Maybe Ryan will like the camp tonight with Kara, Liam and Emma. I'm pretty sure Beca's parents don't want to be there because they've been avoiding me, just like Wyatt.

I grab a bowl and put some Cheerios in them for Ryan. For myself I put some yogurt in a bowl with some fresh fruit. You have to start the day a little healthy, right? I have eating bacon and eggs for a few days now, so I have to eat something a little more healthier.

I laugh when I think about the quick breakfasts that Beca ate. It wasn't really a breakfast, more smoothies. I don't say I didn't like her smoothies, I did, but smoothies or yogurt were the only breakfast she ate. Well, that's not entirely true. Beca did eat bacon and eggs but only on the weekends. Chips and other snacks she only ate on our movie nights and she was working out every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not that I complained about the latter.

I put my bowl of yogurt on the counter top and walk back upstairs. It's time to wake up my baby boy. I slowly open the door and peak inside his tiny room. He's lying with one leg on top of his blanket and his other leg is under the blanket and he's hugging his pillow. I walk up to the side of his bed and squat down next to him.

,,Ryan, sweety?" I shake him awake slowly. ,,It's time to get up, sweety." A small groan leaves his mouth and it's very cute.

,,Mommy?" His eyes open and looks at me.

,,Good morning, sweety. It's a new day and you can decide what you want to do."

,,Really?" I nod and he sit upright now, while rubbing his eyes.

,,But first you need to have some breakfast. I made you some Cheerios." A smile appears on his face. ,,Come on, sweety. Let get dressed and then we're going to make plans." I hold out my hand and his tiny hand grabs hold of my hand. Together we walk to he closet where I pick out an outfit and dress him. ,,You look very handsome, sweety." I smile. ,,Aunt Kara is coming today, sweety." His face lights up.

,,Auntie Kara?! I like her!" He exclaims and jumps up and down. I laugh and calm him down.

,,I like her too, sweety but we need to eat breakfast before she arrives."

,,Okay, mommy." He walk out of his room and I follow him closely downstairs, making sure he doesn't fall off the stairs.

Hours later, after Kara and I are back from showing the investigation to the authorities and after Liam looked after Ryan for me, we walk back into my house.