▪︎ 1 ▪︎

Chloe's point of view

I jolt awake after another nightmare. Every night I'm hunted by memories of that dreadful day. The boarding, the fun we had, everything comes back in nightmares. Beca pulling away because the streaming of the water was too strong and I was too late to grab her hand. We danced to our song 'Titanium' and had an amazing time but now I can't listen to that song without crying my eyes out.

A lot had happened in the two years that terrible accident happened. At first, I couldn't handle the loss and made mistakes. I have seen a lot of party's, made some friends and drank a lot. But the worst decision I made was a one-night stand with Chicago, three months after Beca drowned in front of me. Having sex with Chicago was my biggest mistake and I felt horrible in the beginning but not anymore. I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy, Ryan. Chicago never walked away from us. He is in Ryan's life but only for one week every six months. He's in the army so he's away for nearly the whole year. Ryan and I are getting by but ever since he was born one year ago, only one person was on my mind, Beca. I miss her so much but I know she can never be here for real. 

With Ryan in my life, I'm surviving but not living. I love him with all my heart but I want Beca. The lost feeling brings a memory to mind. 

Flashback

It's another day of school, but everyone is walking around excited for the basketball game that's happening this afternoon. I guess I'm excited too but as one of the cheerleaders, it's your job to be excited about every game. Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball, every game we have to be there and think of a yell for the team. Today is the first game of the season and the team needs a good start to be champions again. Our job as cheerleaders is to keep the morale up, letting the team know we believe in them.

Classes are going okay and during lunch I sit down with my friends, waiting for Lucas and Emma to join us but I see them sitting with a younger girl. I have never seen her here, so she must be a freshman. She's pretty and the guys of my friends agree. Hopefully, I will see her at the game.

Hours later all the cheerleaders, including myself get into position.

,,Okay," Our captain says. ,,let's yell for the team!" We agree excited and start to practice when I spot the brunette girl from earlier sitting next to Emma in the bleachers. I guess they know each other because they start laughing and talking a bit. The game is about to begin, so I concentrate on my fellow cheerleaders when we start our dance. The coin is flipped and our team starts with the ball. The players have been practicing, they look good out there. We cheer for them every time they make a point and now we have a small water break. My eyes are immediately drawn to the brunette girl, who is already looking at me. The moment our eyes meet, she lightly smiles at me before turning back to Emma and Lucas, who just have joined them. They all look very close and somehow I want to be close to her too. 

The break is over quickly and we're back cheering loudly again. The encouragement from us and the crowd helps the team to win the game. Lucas scores the winning shot, earning screams of happiness from everyone. The gym is almost empty in no time but I need to catch my breath for a moment. I sit on a nearby bench, feeling exhausted. I need more water but I can't find the strength to get it myself. All of a sudden, there's a bottle of water held in front of me. I look up into gorgeous midnight blue eyes.

,,Uhm, hi. You looked like you needed this." The brunette girl says.

,,Hi. Thank you so much, I do need it but couldn't find it in me to get a bottle on my own." I tell her, gladly taking the bottle and take some big gulps from it. Now I pat the spot next to me for her to sit down. ,,I'm Chloe." I introduce myself.