▪︎ 25 ▪︎

Since about 8 AM, I've been up today. It's going to be a long day, that's for sure!

I'm spending my morning with Ryan doing what he wants, within reason of course. I'm trying to make the most of it because unfortunately I have to leave him again later. I have to work an evening shift tonight and start at like 6 PM. So I will have to leave before he even has his dinner.

Ryan knows my work schedule because his routine is always the same. Usually he would either go and stay Emma or Aubrey. Sometimes the other Bella's come over here and watch him for me.

I know he's going to love it this time, because my brother is in town he and Gwen graciously offered to look after Ryan for me. They have James and said that they wouldn't mind. Noah basically insisted on it because he never gets to see his nephew. I rolled my eyes good naturally when he said that. I was grateful that he offered actually. It means that later, I won't have to leave super early to drop Ryan off at Emma's. She lives in the opposite direction to the diner, so it is a bit of a track between them. It is also going to save me money on gas.

At lunch time, I give Ryan a banana and peanut butter pinwheel. Which is just a tortilla, spread with peanut butter and rolled around a banana. I slice it up and serve with a glass of milk. Ryan happily gobbles it down while I make myself a toasted cheese, ham and mayo wrap.
My boy is such a gentleman, he stays at the little table with me while I eat. I wash the dishes and now we go into the living room, where I put one of Ryan's shows on for him. We watch it together while our stomachs are settling.

After two episodes of Spongebob Square pants, Ryan wants to go outside to play. It's close enough to the time that Noah and Gwen will be back with James. So I feel comfortable about playing with my son for a while.

At about 3:30 pm, Noah and Gwen arrive, the latter carrying a sleeping James in her arms. She takes him inside so he can finish his nap. Noah though quite happily comes over and starts playing with us.

After which I separate from them, leaving the boys to play, I head inside to straighten the place out before getting ready for work. I do take my time knowing that I have plenty of it until I have to leave. I even manage to call and talk wifh Aubrey for a bit. That doesn't happen nearly as much as it should. I just make my way back downstairs when I overhear Gwen and my brother.

,,We can go through Memphis, Oklahoma City and Los Angeles to the park." Noah says. ,,And than to Disney World through Phoenix, San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans."

,,That's a good idea but only if we're ending at the Atlanta Zoo. James loves the animals there."

,,Sure, and maybe my sister will come with us. I know Atlanta Zoo has red pandas and that Ryan love those animals." Wait, are they planning a road trip?! I mean Memphis, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Texas... Beca and I went there too during our road trip! Before I can hold it back, the memory of our road trip comes and I have to sit down on the stairs so I don't fall.

Flashback

It's officially the day that Beca and I are leaving on our road trip and I'm so excited. Truth be told I've been ready for this for a while and have been counting down the days. This is like the first time that I'll see Beca after two months. We've both been super busy with studying for finals and then actually taking them. I've been missing her so much and just can't wait to hug her and congratulate her with graduating.

Right now it's 5:30 AM and I'm up and ready to go, my bags are in the car already. My phone is plugged in getting some last charge before I have to leave to pick up Beca. My brunette, almost girlfriend, made it very clear that I'm not supposed to be there until 6 am. She's definitely not a morning person, Beca never voluntarily gets up early, but this time she is. We both agreed that we should hit the road early and get a good start on our travels, so that's what we're going to do.