The new kid

The new kid

"Come on little guy." Said Mikey as he looked into a plastic cup half filled with soil, before turning to Dede and Spinelli who were next to him watering the small plants growing in their cups. "I don't get it, I've been waiting 3 whole days and my little plant just won't grow."

"Hey lud nut, did you remember to put the seed in?" Asked Spinelli.

"Oops." Said Mikey looking into his cup again.

"Okay, everybody know the plan." Asked TJ as he walked up to the 3.

"We're with ya TJ." Dede said as she and TJ fist bumped,

"Ok that's good, then let's do it." As soon as TJ finished talking he looked to the side and nodded to Gretchen who nodded back.

"Ms grotke, ms grotke." Said Gretchen grabbing ms grotke's attention.

"Yes Gretchen, do we have a problem with our science project."

"No ms grotke, I'm quite clear on the basic purpose of light and no light." Gretchen held up two different plants, one alive and one dead. "But I'm more interested in the effects on nitrogen enriched soil."

"Well...errr...gee, I don't know."

"Or perhaps a richer fertilizer, like a nitra frosted plant, I've also heard rumour-" as Gretchen kept talking to ms grotke TJ turned and looked at Vince who nodded and ran passed ms grotke to her desk, where he opened the top draw to grab a key which he tossed to Spinelli, who in turn threw it to Dede who was kneeling on top of some more students, pyramid style, next to the clock. Dede put the key into the clock and the screen popped open, before turning the minute handle around an hour, it was now only a few minutes to 10am, before she moved it to 10 o'clock she looked back at TJ who nodded at her, when Dede moved it to 10 she quickly closed the clock glass face grabbed the key and jumped down, as everyone ran back to their seats.

"What the?" Asked ms grotke as soon as the bell ran, she turned to look at the clock then as the students who were all smiling at her from their chairs. "Recess already? I must be having trouble with my inner clock. Oh well, class dismissed."

"Alright." Shouted Dede as she jumped up and ran to the door with the other students behind her, as she opened the door she was stopped by a tall man in a green military uniform.

"Ms grotke, LT griswold U.S.M.C, here to deploy my son." Said the man.

"Deploy?" Asked ms grotke.

"Yes ma'am. My boy gustav has been assigned to your barracks, I mean class."

"Any guy name Gustav is bound to be trouble." Whispered Vince next to TJ.

"Well we're always happy to welcome a new student to our circle of friends, umm... where is gustav?" Asked ms grotke.

"Private, report." Said LT Griswold as he stepped aside, revealing a scrawny looking kid also dress in green.

"That's gustav?" Whispered Mikey.

"Well my duty here is done." LT griswold saluted. "Ms grotke, boys and girls." Then he turned around and left.

"Oh... welcome to our little classroom family gustav, why don't you describe for us a bit of your personal journey." Said ms grotke.

"Well my name is gus, I've been to 12 schools in the past six years and my only friend is my pet snake named Herbert." Said gus in a dull voice.

"Uhhh... ms grotke." Said Willy.

"Yes Willy."

"Can we go to recess now?"

"Why certainly." As soon as she said that all the kids cheered before running out.