Secrets Pt. 1

Secrets Pt. 1

"Bye, dad, see you later." Dede kissed her dad's cheek as goodbye before she put her hat on and raced for the door.

"Bye, gumdrop. Don't forget you need to be straight home after school to pack for this weekend." Keith says, putting the newspaper he was reading down, to look at his daughter.

"This weekend?" Dede stopped, looking back at Keith.

"We're spending the weekend at your grandmothers, remember." Keith teased.

"Oh...yes, of course, I remember. Bye." Dede ran out of her home to get to her bike as Keith's laughter followed her. When she reached school she chained up her bike and ran to meet her friends on the playground, only to see Spinelli sitting on the cheese box and the others surrounding her. "Hey, what's up?"

"Don't know, Spinelli was waiting for you so she could tell us." TJ said, looking at Dede before turning back to Spinelli.

"Well, you see, I was at the breakfast table putting on my boots and picking through a box of crusher krispies, and that's when it happened." Spinelli said.

"What happened?" Asked Vince.

"The toy surprise was missing from your box." TJ guessed.

"Worse than that." Said Spinelli. "My mum tells me that after school today, she's taking me to that new museum."

"The glamour puss museum of make up, wigs and pantyhose?" Asked Gus.

"Bingo." Spinelli confirmed as the others gasped as she jumped down from the cheese box. "I think it's another of my mum's plans to make me more girly and junk."

"My heart goes out to you, Spinelli." TJ resting his hand on her shoulder.

"I was thinking it'd be a lot less boring looking around at all that lipstick and fru fru girlie junk if someone was there to, kind of, hang out with me. "

"Who....? Oh, no, I'm not going in that place." Vince backs out straight away.

"Yeah, I'm kind of busy." TJ excused.

"I've got my reputation to worry about." Said Gus.

"Thanks, guys, but I was hoping Dede and Gretchen could come." Spinelli looked at the other girls of the group with a hopeful smile.

"Well, though I seldom pass up a museum, a cosmetics museum doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea." Said Gretchen.

"You gotta help me. I need another kid around so I can goof off and be myself." Begged Spinelli. "I'll be bored out of my skull if you don't come. Please."

"Oh, for you.... Why not." Gretchen agrees. "It'll be a girls day out."

"Yes, Gretch, you are awesome. And of course you're coming too, right, Dede?"

"Unfortunately, I can't." Dede said making the others look at her, shocked by her decline.

"What? But you never decline an outing with friends." Said TJ.

"I know and I feel bad not being able to hang out with you both, but I'll be leaving to spend the weekend with my nana, so I gotta get home to pack as we're leaving as soon as school gets out tomorrow. I'm sorry Spinelli."

"Nah, don't sweat it, you're always doing things for me. Me and Gretchen will have a great time together." Spinelli said, putting her arm around Dede's shoulders just before the bell rang. At the end of the day the group of seven all split up to go do their own things, when Dede got home she greeted her parents before running upstairs to her room to go and pack.