Pharaoh Bob

Pharaoh Bob

Todays recess bring us a fighting match between two fifth graders. Kids were all circling them and cheering, all except for Mikey. "Why? Why?" Mikey cries before he runs up to King Bob. "King Bob, you've got to stop the madness."

King Bob looked at Mikey before turning his attention back to the match that's going on.  "No. Let them continue. It amuses me."

As the match was going on, Buster managed to get Jocko in an arm lock. "Ow! Ow! My arm! My arm!" Jocko calls out.

Buster, seeing that his friend was in pain, released him. "Sorry, man. You OK?"

Jocko quickly turned around and threw Buster to the ground, pinning him. "Halt! Stop the contest. You pulled a fake-out." King Bob calls out, stopping the match and getting everyone's attention. "That violates the no faking-out law as instituted by King Wally."

All the kids looked at each other in confusion before Jocko asked. "King who?"

"King Wally... from five years ago when I was in first grade?" King Bob looked around, seeing all the kids just looking at him silently. "Doesn't anyone remember King Wally?" At the kid's denial, king bob felt the need to elaborate. "Short kid, red hair, ruled with an iron fist?" Still silent. "Between King Al and King Chuck?"

"Al? Chuck?" Dede asked as she and her friends all looked around, seeing if anyone had an answer.

"Who are they?" TJ asked king Bob as none of the other kids seemed to know.

"Come on! It was under the Chuckianic code that kindergartners were granted full rights on the playground. It was at the Third Street Convention that King Al hammered out the international laws for slaughter ball, protecting the human rights of every kid. How could you forget them?" King Bob said, trying to get someone to remember. However his wish wasn't granted as the bell rang, signalling the end of recess and the kids all walked back into school, muttering to themselves. "Nobody remembers Wally, or Chuck, or Al?"

King Bob sits back on his throne, sighing sadly. "Don't feel bad, Your Highness. After all, you're the king now." Said one of king bobs carriers, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah, but those guys were great kings. They changed recess forever. And if no one remembers them, why would anyone ever remember me?" King Bob asked before he went to class himself.

King Bob sat in his history class, still feeling down about what had happened at recess. "This is the fertile Nile Delta, A narrow strip of green surrounded by desert. Here arose the most powerful empire of the ancient world, the Egyptians. Their ruler was the pharaoh, an all-powerful king whom the people considered a god. But the pharaohs had one problem, how could they make sure they'd never be forgotten?" this got king bob's attention. "The answer? They built these." The teacher, Mr Lee, removed the cloth covering the model of a pyramid to show the class. "The great pyramids which we still marvel at today. Because of these great monuments, the pharaohs will be remembered forever."

"Pyramids... remembered... forever." King Bob Whispered leaning forward.

"After over 4,000 years, because of the ancient text and drawings left inside the pyramid and years of study we still know their names-- Ramses, Amenhotep..." Mr Lee started to name some of the pharaohs.

"Bob."

At recess one of king bobs guards, dubbed as trumpet boy, shouts into a megaphone to get everyone's attention. "Gathering of the grades! Gathering of the grades! Move it, you kids! Let's go!"

"I don't like the sound of this." Spinelli said holding a kickball.

"Yeah, King Bob hasn't called a gathering of the grades since he instituted the gum tax." Vince agreed.