Terrifying tales of recess

Halloween, a holiday celebrated and loved world wide by all kids, a day to dress up and scare friends and family as well as go trick or treating to get free candy.

It was on this spooky day that we see a bunch of kids dressed up in their costumes while at school, all running out as soon as the bell rang.

"Hello, kids, I'm Principal Prickly." Prickly said as he kneeled down on one knee by the steps leading to the main hallway. "As you've no doubt noticed, today is Halloween here at Third Street School. What better time to remind you of some nifty Halloween hints? One, consider this day an exciting opportunity to practice healthy nutrition. Two, wash your hands with an antibacterial soap after knocking on your neighbours' doors. Three, please be quiet. Four--" Prickly cuts himself off as he starts choking, standing up to grab his head in pain, only to pull his head off to reveal it was just Butch in a mask. "Ah, don't worry. It's me, Butch. And that was just a mask." Butch took off the rest of his Prickly costume. "Had you pretty scared, didn't I?  Well, good, 'cause that's what Halloween's all about. Getting dressed up, getting candy, and getting scared out of your wits! It's also about being careful. Some pretty scary stuff can happen when you don't watch your P's and Q's. Take this scary story, for example, of something that really,
actually, truly happened, bringing new meaning to the old saying that you are what you eat.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

CHILDREN OF THE CORNCHIP

We start this story off with the sound of a phone ringing. "Hello. This is the operator."

"Transatlantic operator?" Mr Kelso said into the phone, his voice sounding panicked. "Get me Gothicshire Foods."

"Yes, sir. I'll try ringing them."

"Please hurry. This is a snack-chip emergency." As Mr Kelso was on the phone his shop's door open and cornchip girl walked in, Mr Kelso signalled for cornchip girl to hold on for a little bit.

"Sorry, luv, but their line is dead." Said the operator over the phone.

"dead? But they just sent an order of chips that have never been tested!" Mr Kelso turned away from cornchip girl, he was talking about a new brand of potato chips called 'Yeoldecrisps'. "I can't sell chips that have never been tested!"

"Um... I'll test them." Cornchip girl said, and as Mr Kelso was distracted by the phone call he was able to stop her as she grabbed one of the chips and ate it. "Mmm. These are tasty." She said before her voice went deep. "Very tasty."

"You gotta ring through again. I'm afraid something terrible--" Mr Kelso looked behind him when he saw a monstrous shadow loom over him. When he turned to see what was happening he dropped the phone before screaming as growls could be heard.

The lights to the convenience store turn off as the open sign gets turned to closed by a monstrous hand.

The next day at third Street elementary school we see the students all starting to make their way into the school for the start of the day.

Gretchen, in a panicked state, ran up to her friends. "Guys! Guys! Did you hear the news? Mr. Kelso was attacked by a monster! I picked up the police bulletin on my cellular satellite array."

"Poor sweet Kelso." Said Mikey feeling bad as Mr Kelso was known and loved by all kids.

"He's OK, Mikey. They've already downgraded his condition from scared stiff to spooked silly." Gretchen said to calm her friends down. "However, his pyramid of canned yams will never recover."

Gus walked a little away from his friends. "Oh, no. It's happening all over again."

"You know something about this, Gus?" Vince asked.