Secrets Pt. 2

Secrets Pt. 2

That night while eating dinner the three adults were talking. Dede couldn't help but keep looking from her own bracelet, to her nana and then up at the ceiling, thinking of what she saw inside that box.

"It can't be, right?" She whispered to herself.

"Jewel, are you ok?" Crystal asked, noticing her daughter is being quieter than usual.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I guess I'm just tired from the drive here." Dede said before she stood up. "May I be excused."

"Of course girl, don't worry, we'll clean this up. It's getting late anyway." Beatrice said as she too stood up, grabbing the empty plates and putting them in the sink.

"Thanks nana, goodnight, love you all." Dede ran upstairs with Lapis on her heels.

"What's wrong? You've been acting weird since you collected those plates." Lapis asked as they made it to their temporary room.

"That's just it, when I went to get the plates there was a beeping from a box, when I looked I saw there was a bracelet inside, similar to my own." Dede said as she changed into her PJs.

"But, then wouldn't that mean that your nana was a galactic guardian as well?"

"I don't know, as far as I've known, there's not been many human galactic guardians."

"Well, did you try pressing any of the buttons to see if you can get in touch with Admiral DeGill?"

"No. I think I just didn't want to believe it when I first saw it, so I left it alone."

"Well, maybe go back and try it, you know, put your mind at ease."

"That's a good idea. Let's go." With that Dede and Lapis left their room and sneaked up to the attic, wanting to be quiet as the adults had just gone into their rooms. When they arrived they went to the desk, only to see that it was empty of both the box and the photograph that was there only a few hours before. "What? Where'd it go?"

"Maybe you were just seeing things."

"But, it was there right next to a picture, I know it was."

"Well, you could always just ask Beatrice about it in the morning."

"Yeah, I'll do that." Dede sighs before heading back to bed.

The next day after breakfast Dede was out in the fields helping set up the tents that the kids and their parents were gonna sleep in for the youth group that was going to be showing up soon, when Beatrice walked up to her with Lapis behind her.

"Woah, Lapis, nice collar." Dede said seeing a gold collar with a purple flower on it hanging from Lapis's neck.

"Your parents told me it was the little pup's birthday today, so I'd thought I'd give her a gift." Beatrice said a Lapis sat in between them.

"It looks beautiful."

"Well, I'm glad you like it, it's a matching pair, you see." Beatrice held out a necklace with a gold chain and the same purple flower on. "Back when I was younger I had a pup of my own so I've had them for years, if you're ever in trouble, if you ever need your old granny, just call out and I'll get the message." Beatrice puts the necklace on Dede before resting her hands on her shoulders. "It's kinda special that way."

"I love it, thank you nana." Dede hugged her Nan quickly before she saw the other bracelet out of the corner of her eye. "Nana, can I ask you something? That bracelet you're wear-"

"Oh, you don't want to talk about this old thing." Beatrice smiled before a beeping could be heard. "You've been working hard, why don't I finish this off and you go for a walk."