The pest

The pest

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These were the ideals our founding fathers vowed to defend during the revolution. To protect freedom of the press, freedom of the-"

"Oww." As TJ was reading aloud his history book and the class following along with him, mid sentence Dede had felt someone poke her back with a pencil, when she looked behind her she saw Jeffery just smiling at her so she went back to following along with what TJ was saying, hoping to just ignore him. This plan however only lasted a few seconds before he poked her again. "Quit it Jeffery!"

"Quit what?" Jeffery asked 'innocently'.

"You know what, now quit it."

"Dede, do we have some peer interactions we need to address?" Asked Ms Grotke after hearing Dede.

"Oh, no Ms Grotke, everything is fine."

"Good. Well why don't you read to us for a while."

At this dede signed before glaring back at Jeffery before standing up. "And so with these issues in mind the founding fathers convened in philadelphia in seventeen eighty- ow." Dede stopped reading as she felt Jeffery poke her with his pencil again, turning around again to openly glare at him, only to be called out.

"Dede?"

"I'm okay."

"Why don't you take a moment to centre yourself."

Before Dede could protest a beeping had cut her off, she looked down before quickly covering her bracket. "That's a great idea, could I go to the bathroom to do that."

"Well, alright. But hurry back." Ms Grotke said looking at dedes hopeful smile, with that Dede ran out of the room and into the nearest empty hallway answering the call after making sure no one was around. (A/N - was gonna put an atomic Betty episode here but the only one I could think of doing was more suited for a different episode, so I'll be saving that for another time, so there won't be one for this chapter.) By the time Dede got back to earth it was time for recess to begin, that's where we find Dede watching her friends play tetherball.

"I just don't know what to do guys, he's been kicking me, poking me and messing with my hat all week long."

"Maybe you should just try ignoring him." TJ suggested, stopping him game with Spinelli as they both came and sat next to her on the picnic bench.

"I've tried, you guys I really have. He just keeps doing it over and over." Dede rested her head down on the table. "If I don't figure out how to stop him soon I'm gonna lose it."

"Don't worry about it Dede." Spinelli said Resting her hand on dedes shoulder. "As long as we're here, he wouldn't dare bug ya."

"You sure?"

"Most likely, with the six of us here the chance of him getting to you are low." Said Gretchen, making Dede smile before a ball hit her head, they all looked over the direction it came from and saw Jeffery duck back behind a wall.

"Let's cream the little weasel." Spat Spinelli, beyond angry that this kid was messing with her best friend. As they all ran after Jeffery they found him sitting at a different bench pretending to read a book while whistling, only to have Spinelli rip it out of his hands.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" Asked Jeffery in fake confusion.

"Drop the innocent act buddy, we're onto you game." Spinelli said, slamming the book onto the table.

"Yeah, why you picking on Dede?" Said TJ with his arms crossed.

"Who me? I'm not doing nothing." Said Jeffery.