Lord of the nerds

Lord of the nerds

A brand new day at recess is where we see our group of eight playing kickball against Lawson and his team. Right now Spinelli is the pitcher for her team. "Come on, Spinelli!" Dede cheers from her place on the outfield.

"Let's get this guy out." Paloma said, also on the outfield.

"Burn it through there!" Gus said.

"Uh, put some velocity on that stinking sphere!" Said Gretchen. Spinelli threw the ball at the fifth grade and he kicked it, only for Vince to catch it and send it to TJ on first base, effectively getting the kid out.

"Oh Yeah! Nothing beats a good old game of kickball." Vince celebrates.

"It's America's game, Vince, The sport no kid should miss out on." TJ agreed.

"Lucky out, det-whomper!" Lawson called out, stepping up to the plate.

"No decent kid, that is."

Spinelli pitched the ball to Lawson, who kicked the ball high in the air. "It's mine!" YJ started backing up to catch the ball, heading straight for the bench the Ashley's were sitting on.

"So I said, like, as if, and then daddy snapped his fingers and said, "wolfgang,
have this busboy fired."" Ashley A told her story making them all laugh before seeing TJ approaching them, screaming and running out the way.

"I got it! I got it!" TJ said but tripped over the bench, his friends, all being worried about him, ran over.

"Oh, TJ." Spinelli winced, seeing TJs arm in an awkward position.

"I blame myself!" Mikey cried.

"Oh, man, I can hardly look!" Lawson said also coming over. "He caught the stupid ball!"

Because TJ was injured badly the game was called off and TJs parents were called to take him to the hospital, though he wasn't out of school for long as he was back by lunch time, only this time with his arm in a sling.

"My doctor said I broke my collarbone." TJ explained while the eight friends were all sitting at a table, enjoying their lunches. "The less I move, the quicker it'll heal."

"How long is that gonna take?" Dede asked.

"Five weeks."

"Five weeks!" Spinelli responded in shock just before the bell rings.

"Well I can't help you beat the fifth graders at kickball, but at least I can come and give them the evil eye." TJ sighs as the eight got up to go outside for recess.

"And just where do you think you're going, young man?" Miss Finster said stopping TJ from leaving the cafeteria.

"Uh, recess?"

"Oh no, you aren't. School policy strictly
prohibits children With serious injuries from setting foot on the playground."

"But it's recess! Where else am I supposed to go?"

"Across the hall and down the stairs to room 51." This little bit of information made five of the other seven friends gasp. "You, there! Put down that banana!" Miss Finster quickly left to deal with another student that was going to take a banana outside.

"Now, don't that paint a purty picture." Lawson said walking up to them all smug like. "Det-loser spending his recess in room 51 with the pale kids?"

"Pale kids? Who are they?" Asked Paloma.

"The "Pale Kids" are the kids who actually choose to stay inside during recess." Vince answered.

"The uncoolest of the uncool." Said Spinelli.