Secret

Bucky made sure no one was following him before he left the compound. It hurt him not telling everyone about you but what else could he do to keep you safe? 

Nobody knew you even existed. 

Not even Steve. 

You lived in Bucky's old apartment, from the forties. You met him when he broke in by accident because he thought no one lived there. He never thought he would like you, even less fall madly in love with you. 

"What took you so long" you smiled at him after opening the front door. He chuckled and kissed you. 

"Had to sneak out" 

You shook your head.

"We sound like teenagers" 

He chuckled. 

"Yeah" 

You kissed him passionately after closing the door and soon thereafter you were tangled in the bedsheets holding him close. He looked into your eyes with his blue ones and ran his fingers all over your arm, caressing you softly. 

You looked at him, admiring his messy hair and slightly parted lips. 

"What is it?" he said softly. You smiled and bit your lip. 

"I love you" you said. 

He giggled. 

"I love you too, Y/N"

He kissed you again. 

"And I'm sorry I can't take you out in public like normal couples" 

"It's fine, James," you said softly "You're not a normal person and I understand that we can't just be like other people"

He looked at you. 

"But I want to give you that life" he admitted "I want to make you happy every day and not sneak around just to see you. I want to show you off to all of my friends and let them get to know you and see how much of an amazing person you are" 

Your eyes glowed and were about to fill with tears with everything Bucky was saying. 

"And it hurts not to have you by my side every single moment of the day, and the other day I walked in front of a pet store and I wished we could get a cat or a dog or even a ferret but I can't do that if I'm always off on missions and get to see you two days a week" 

You kissed him to shut him up, trying to stop him from beating himself up as he always did. 

"One day, James "You whispered into his lips "I will wait for you" 

He sighed. 

"But what if that day never comes" 

You grabbed his cheeks. 

"Then I can deal with it" you accepted "As long as I have you" 

You were both startled by a knock on the door. 

"Bucky I know you're in there" Bucky recognised Steve's voice through the door. 

You exchanged looks and started to freak out. 

"Bucky open up" Steve banged on the door one more time. "I know about Y/N, just open up"

"Coming" Bucky answered and put his pants on. You dressed up too and followed him from afar. 

He opened the door and found Steve looking at him, worried. 

"What happened Steve?" Bucky asked. 

" I was worried. No one could find you" 

Bucky looked down. 

"I'm sorry" 

"Don't worry" Steve nodded "So are you going to show me your pretty girl or what?" 

Bucky laughed and looked at you. 

"Yeah" he signaled you to come closer. "Steve this is Y/N" 

"Hi Y/N, nice to meet you" 

-----------------------------------------------

hey guys I know this sucks but I had to give you one for valentine's day, so happy valentine's day