Protection (2)

The Avengers tower had been incredibly quiet and for months all of the Avengers had been acting as if they were walking on thin ice. The situation between y/n and Bucky had become more awkward than the others had expected and it was getting a tad annoying. 

"We have to do something" Wanda said when she was sure you were not around. "I can't stand it anymore"

Bruce nodded and let out a desperate sigh. 

"What the fuck happened to tin arm anyways, huh Cap?"Tony asked, slowly getting mad at Bucky again. 

"Tony, don't do this again." Steve answered desperate "I told you, I don't know"

"That's bullshit, he tells you everything" 

The tension in the room was increasing rapidly, as Tony looked at Steve while he served himself some coffee. Natasha drifted from Tony to Steve a couple of times, but couldn't figure out what to say. 

"Tony stop" Steve asked, exasperated.

"No, Cap. Because I believe you are not telling us something"

"He didn't tell me anything!" Steve yelled "Not about this, I asked but he didn't tell me anything"

"Morning" Bucky said entering the room, with wet hair and an exhausted look on his face. He had gone out the night before and hadn't returned by the time Steve had checked his room. But he was back and no one was brave enough to ask him anything. Except Tony, obviously. 

"SO, were did you go last night Robocop. You had us a bit worried" Tony asked, saying the last part sarcastically. 

"Out"

Bucky walked silently towards Steve, took his mug out of the cupboard and served himself  a cup of coffee. But Tony didn't stop, and he kept talking.

"You spent the night somewhere else" He pointed out "Don't think we didn't notice" 

Bucky ignored him and walked away, but Tony cut his way off and looked at him in the eye. 

"You've got a lot of nerve doing that after hurting my protege the way you did" Tony say menacingly, but Bucky didn't even flinch.

"If I slept or didn't sleep with someone else" Bucky said, his voice louder that usual "It's none of your business"

Then suddenly, Bucky recognized the voice he loved hearing first thing in the morning, even if it did not speak to him. 

Y/n. 

She didn't even say good morning and had her head lying on Wanda's shoulder, with her eyes closed and her arms crossed over her lap. She had heard the whole conversation that Tony had had with Steve, and with him, and she couldn't deny that it still hurt. 

As Tony looked into Bucky's eyes, he recognized that he wanted to talk to y/n, explain everything to her, but before he could do it, Y/n's mentor stopped him.

"Don't you dare say anything to her that could hurt her even more" he warned in a whisper. "Got it?"

Bucky nodded. 

"Got it" 

After that, he walked away from the dining room and went straight to his room. he closed the door behind him and sat on the floor with his back on the wooden door. He closed his eyes and tried not to cry. 

Truth be told, he hadn't slept with anyone else. Every time he tried to, all he could see is Y/n coming back to him and getting reminded of how much he still loved her and missed her. The thought of hurting her again was driving him crazy. 

Y/n was stuck in almost the same situation. Except she wasn't. It was just the thought of him being with someone else that bothered her and she couldn't help but wonder if Bucky just didn't want to be with her. If she just wasn't good enough. 

Everyone spent their day, their free day, watching TV in the communal living room. Y/N was cuddled up with Natasha on one end of the couch and Bucky was sitting on the floor, on the other side of the room. They looked at each other a couple of times, but they weren't lucky enough to catch the other one staring, without knowing that they wanted eachother more than ever.   

__________________

gosh! sorry for being gone for so long guys!

Anyways, im sorry this sucks and it's so short but i promise that this isn't the last part of "protection", and i'll try to update as soon as possible, i really don't want to leave you hanging. 

Also, thank you all who have stayed even though i have a shitty posting schedule. 

ily all