Protection (3)

The buzzing in your ears was unbearable, but it was the only sound that distracted you from the pain. Your vision was blurry, and every beam of light that crossed your vision felt as if it was going to blind you. 

"Y/N, stay with me" Natasha's voice called out. It was faint, and you couldn't even recognise her face. What went wrong? 

You'd sat silently, out of sight, invisible, in the opposing building to help your friends but they got to you. They took you out of the building violently and had tried to bleed out the Avenger's secrets from your body. 

You were dizzy, and before you knew it Vision scooped up your broken body and took you out to safety. 

"Where is she," Bucky asked as the Avengers headed out to the Quinjet "And where the hell is Vision?" 

Wanda approached him carefully.

"She's already on board," she said. Bucky seemed to relax.

"Oh, good" he mumbled, but when he made eye contact with Wanda again he realised something is wrong.

"Why is she on board?" he asked, pushing away the idea that you were not okay. 

"She's hurt" Natasha intervened when Wanda took too long to answer. "So move your ass so we can get her back to Helen." 

Bucky ran to the Quinjet without another word and was met by your limp, weak body that was trying as hard as it could to survive. His heart dropped and the fear of losing you overcame his senses. All of the Avengers deployed on the mission were on board, and they were fighting against the clock and your weakening body. 

Bucky's eyes teared up as he squatted down beside you to take your hand. He caressed your cheek and stared at your torso to make sure you were breathing and repeated it every couple of minutes in the fear that you might die while he wasn't looking. 

"I should have been there for you" he whispered "I could've stopped this"

His lip twitched and he wiped his tears away. 

"I tried to protect you from myself but you still ended up hurt, god I'm so scared" he squeezed your hand and looked at your torso again. "Please don't leave me" 

The team arrived at the Compound in a hurry, Natasha having called Steve to prepare an urgent transport to the infirmary, and as you were taken away by the doctors Bucky stood silent praying to whoever was out there to spare your life. 

A week passed until you finally woke up, and you were met by a tired-looking Bucky that was reading in the small armchair next to your bed. 

"Bucky?" you called "What are you doing here?"

Your voice caught him off guard, but his hug caught you by surprise. You hadn't had a proper conversation in a month, and yet he was the one waiting for you to wake up. 
A hard pain hit your ribcage and you grunted. 

"I'm sorry," Bucky said as he stepped away from you. "How are you feeling?" 

You smiled at him. 
"I don't feel like I'm dying so, bonus points" you stayed silent "James..."

He looked at you. 

"Why are you here?" you breathed out. He looked down at the ground and played with his fingers. 

"I'll leave if you want me to" he mumbled. 

You shook your head. 

"No" a sigh escaped from your lips "No I don't want you to leave, I just want to know why you're here if you've been acting like you don't give a shit about me for a month" 

Your words hurt his heart like daggers because he knew you were right. 

"I have no right to say this " he began "But back there, I felt like I was going to die if you did, and it didn't come as a surprise since, well, I really never stopped loving you but..."

Your heartbeat increased with every word he said. 

"But I left you because I was afraid but I don't think I'll ever be as afraid as I was when I thought I was going to lose you."

The months that you'd spent broken up seemed like they never existed as all of your feelings for him were reborn. 

"Come here," you asked him, and he stepped closer to the bed and sat up as much as you could. As soon as he was close enough to you, you extended your arm and touched his cheek. You realised that your plan was going to fail miserably so you giggled softly. "I was going to kiss you but I can't go all the way up there" 

He smiled and leaned down, finally pressing his lips to yours after a long time of missing them. 

"I'm sorry" he breathed out. 

"I know"

"So, can we try again" 

You kissed him one more time. 

"Of course, James"

----------------------

Hey everyone! I hope you like the final part of Protection, I really enjoyed doing this small imagine series. A small notice though, I might publish a book that's unrelated to Marvel on here. Don't worry I'll still update this book as much as I can. 

So If you like my writing or you just want to know what the book is going to be, give me a follow so you know exactly when it comes out. 

btw thank you so much for 21K reads??? omg it's so cool. 

Anyways see you next time!