Nightmares

You were awaken by a weird sound coming from the room next door. Slowly, you reached out for the alarm clock to check what time it was. You let out a groan. 

2 am 

The sound next door continued, it was a strange sound. Like the bed was moving almost violently. 

You rolled your eyes and decided to brush it off, but it just started growing louder and louder until it was replaced by somethig else. A scream tainted in horror and anger. It took you a couple of seconds to place everything together. 

Bucky was having a nightmare and Steve wasn't there to help him. 

You rushed out of bed and into Bucky's. At first you struggled, because for some stupid reason, the idiot decided to lock his door. You used your powers to open it and ran up to him. You saw him kicking and screaming. You couldn't even start to imagine what he was reliving. 

You placed your hands on his shoulders and started saying his name loudly, but when he did not answer. you got on top of him, straddling him. With your hands still on his shoulders, you shook him awake, screaming his name at him until he regained consciousness. 

You looked at him worried. You let out a sigh of relief when you saw him calm down. Once you saw he was okay, you got off him and started walking away; but Bucky reached out and grabbed your wrist. 

    "stay, please" he whispered. You nodded slightly and climed into bed with him. He rested his head on your chest and while you played with his hair, you sang him a sweet lullaby until you both fell asleep again.