Enemies

The clock struck nine as Bucky began his mission. 

The mansion he found himself in was a white, and very old house, decorated with marble and wood. The chandelier that hung in the party room was the biggest one he'd ever seen and he felt out of place with all of the people that filled the space. 

A woman sat by the bar, in a long sleeveless black dress. Her long legs were exposed by the slit in the side of her dress and her black heels shined with the soft yellow light. Next to her was a tall, blonde man, wearing a white suit. 

Bucky looked at Steve, who was standing by the entrance just across the room. His friend signalled him to move toward him but Bucky was distracted by a disturbing image in the corner of his eye. 

The man in the white suit had his hands over the woman's neck, and Bucky clearly recognised that he was cursing at her.  The anger inside of him grew as he noticed that no one around her was doing anything, so even if it wasn't his place, he couldn't help but intervene. 

"Let her go," he said seriously. 

"And who the hell are you," the man said without taking his hand off of the woman.

"Someone you don't want to mess with" 

In a second, the man in the white Tux was on the ground and everyone was looking at him. 

"Excuse me, everyone, see you all in a bit" Bucky said and left the room. He washed his face with cold water as he wondered why he had reacted that way, but nothing could tell him. Instincts, he supposed, or maybe it was just the injustice that made him angry. 

"What the hell Buck" Steve said storming into the bathroom. "Our only need was to not get attention and you go and fight a guy?"

Bucky sighed. 

"I know, I have no idea what got over me" 

"I'll call Nat and ask her how we should proceed. Stay focused" Steve ordered before leaving.

Bucky turned around and passed his hands through his hair, before hearing the door open again. 

"That was quick Steve" he said. He made eye contact with the mysterious woman, who stood in front of him.

"Steve's not back yet"

Bucky gulped and smiled. 

"Yeah I can see that"

"Thank you, for what you did back there" she sighed "No one has done something like that for me before" 

Bucky chuckled.

"Well, good to know I'm the first gentleman you've encountered"

"I'm y/n" she announced, "What's your name?" 

Bucky doubted for a second, whether he should tell her his real name or not, but something about her made him feel safe. 

"James"

Y/n walked slowly towards him until they were face to face. 

"How can I show you how thankful I am?" she mumbled, seductively. 

"However you wish" 

She pressed her lips against his, leaving a bit of her lipgloss on his own. 

"I hope I see you again, James" she whispered and walked out of the bathroom. 

Bucky smiled to himself and licked his lips. His vision became blurry and he couldn't stand up. He fell face-first to the ground. 

"Buck!" Steve yelled as he entered "we have to make a move now"

Steve saw his friend on the floor, conscious but unable to move. 

"What the hell happened Bucky?" he asked, angry.

"Not important, what did Nat tell you to do" Bucky managed to say. 

"We have to capture our suspect before she gets away" 

"I can't move"

"yeah no shit"

"Who was it?" Bucky asked "Red Moth, who was it?"

Steve sighed.

"Her name is y/n y/l/n" Steve started before a loud boom shook the place "And I think she's going to blow this house down, so we need to get out"