14. Tsukkiyama

Main pairing: Tsukishima Kei x Yamaguchi Tadashi

Other pairing(s): Kagehina (Kageyama x Hinata) / Daisuga (Daichi x Sugawara)

Warnings: Astraphobia (which is basically the fear of lightning and thunder) / panic attack/ mentions of PTSD

.

(I did some research but I don't have any solid information on this, so feel free to correct me if you see anything incorrect)

*Karasuno had just ended practice when it started to rain*

Hinata: Oh no... It's raining, I won't be able to go home if there's a storm. 

Kageyama: Obviously there's going to be a lot of lightning. If you go out, you'll probably get shot by one. We have to stay here.

*As everyone was cleaning the court, they saw a lightning strike and after a few seconds, a loud thunder was heard*

Tsukishima: Fuck.

*The whole team turns to Tsukishima who has a soft and worried expression instead of his usual, stoic one. Tsukishima starts to look around*

Tsukishima: Fuck, fuck fuck fuck. WHERE IS TADASHI?

*Another lightning strikes, followed by an even louder thunder than before*

Sugawara: I don't know, why?

Tsukishima: FIND HIM, NOW.

Kageyama: What's the matter, Saltishima? Afraid tha-

Tsukishima: Not the time, Kageyama.

*Everyone is shocked because Tsukishima never calls Kageyama by his name. They grow genuinely worried as Tsukishima starts to look around for Tadashi like nothing else matters (Never cared for what they do~ Never cared for what they know... sorry sorry I just had to)*

Narita: Wait... wasn't he supposed to clean the storage room?

*Tsukishima dashes to the storage room and curses internally as he hears another lightning strike. When he opens the storage room's doors, he spots Yamaguchi in the corner, curled up in a ball, shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. Not realizing that the whole team is behind him, he runs towards him and slowly he brings his face to the eye-level of Yamaguchi*

Tsukishima: Shh. Tadashi, baby, it's me. I need you to focus on my voice, can you do that? 

*Yamaguchi shakes his head yes before Tsukishima continues*

Tsukishima: Take deep breaths with me. There you go, love. I'm here, there's no reason for you to be afraid, I'm right by your side. You're not outside, we're inside the storage room in the gym. It's ok, yeah?

*By Tsukishima's words, Tadashi seems to calm down a visible amount. Kei slowly puts Yamaguchi on his lap and engulfs him in a hug, stroking his hair lovingly and whispering sweet nothings in Yamaguchi's ear while the whole team is staring in awe. They had never seen Tsukishima so caring and loving. After some time, they come out of the storage room, with Tadashi asleep in Kei's arms*

Tsukishima: By the looks on your faces, you've heard everything. You can ask 10 questions, without waking Tadashi up.

*They form a circle on the gym's floor, with Tadashi sitting on Tsukishima's lap with his head resting on his shoulder*

Daichi: Well, let's go in order so it won't be a mess. 1. You called Kageyama by his name.

Tsukishima: I was genuinely worried at the time. Next. 

Sugawara: 2. Why was Yamaguchi in that state when you entered the storage room?

Tsukishima: He was having a panic attack.

Sugawara. He was WHA- how come we never knew that?

Tsukishima: Idk. I guess you never asked.

Asahi: It's my turn, then. 3. You called Yamaguchi by his first name.

Tsukishima: Yes, I call him Tadashi and he calls me Kei, is there a problem?

Asahi: No, I guess not, since you guys are childhood friends after all.

Nishinoya: It's my turn. And the best question is mine. 4. Why'd you call him baby?

Tsukishima: Am I not allowed to call my boyfriend baby?

The team: YOUR WHA-

Tsukishima: I said, WITHOUT waking Tadashi up.

Tanaka: Ok, ok. My turn. 5. What did you mean 'another'? And you seemed so experienced handling it.

Tsukishima: It's not the first time he's having a panic attack. 

Ennoshita: So then, my question will be, 6. Why was he having a panic attack?

Tsukishima: He has astraphobia. And before any of you ask anything, it's the fear of lightning and thunder.

The team: Oh. 

Kinoshita: My turn. 7. Since when does he have panic attacks?

Tsukishima: Since he was 9.

Narita: 8. Why did it start?

Tsukishima: He was shot by a lightning at that age, the doctors said that he was lucky to even be alive. 

Kageyama: 9. Does he have any psychological disorders because of that?

Tsukishima: Yes, he has PTSD. 

Hinata: The last question. 10. How long have you been dating?

*Yamaguchi, his voice still hoarse from all the crying*: Since we were 13. It's been 3 years.

Tsukishima: Good morning, love.

*Yamaguchi, scoffing*: It's 6 in the afternoon for fucks sake.

Tsukishima: Oh no. You're mad at me.

Yamaguchi: You spilled all my secrets, what'd you expect?

Tsukishima: Fine, you can spill 10 of mine too. Except that one.

Yamaguchi: Only that one and we have a deal.

Tsukishima: Tadashi please.

*Yamaguchi shoots him a look*

Tsukishima: Fine.

Yamaguchi: Kei has a dinosaur plushy collection.

Hinata: OH MY GOD BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Tsukishima: I have a blackmail folder just for you and Kageyama. Don't make me open it.

Yamaguchi: And he used to ride on one of them when we were kids.

Kageyama: WHAT OMG I HAVE TO SEE THAT!

Tsukishima: Tadashi, no.

Yamaguchi: Tadashi, yes.

Sugawara: OMG THAT'S SO CUTEEEEEEEE

Kageyama: BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA