97. Iwaoi

Main pairing: Iwaizumi Hajime x Oikawa Tooru

Other pairing(s): Mentions of original female character x original female character ig (idk lol)

Warnings: 🌤

.

Oikawa: I don't want to be selfish, Makki, but seeing it hurts.

Hanamakki: Seeing what, Kawa?

Oikawa: Seeing him with her.

Hanamakki: Iwaizumi and his girlfriend? Why? Do you have a crush on her or something?

*Oikawa shakes his head no*

Hanamakki: Are you jealous because she's spending so much time with your bestfriend?

*Oikawa, with a tear falling and his voice cracking*: No...

Hanamakki: Oh my God... You're in love with Iwa...

*Oikawa, dropping his head and sighing*: Yeah.

Hanamakki: For how long?

Oikawa: Years...

Hanamakki: What're you going to do?

Oikawa: Nothing. His happiness is my top priority. Plus I don't want to risk our relationship.

*Iwaizumi's angelic girlfriend hears this*

Iwaizumi's girlfriend: Hey, Oikawa, can I talk to you for a second?

*Oikawa, wiping his tears*: Yeah, sure, what's up?

Iwaizumi's girlfriend: Confess to him.

Oikawa: I don't know what you're talking about.

Iwaizumi's girlfriend: I can't explain why but just do it. You won't get a negative answer from him, trust me.

Oikawa: How-

Iwaizumi's girlfriend: He'll explain everything. Now go.

*Oikawa goes over to Iwaizumi*

Iwaizumi: Hey Shittykawa-

*Iwaizumi turns to face Oikawa*

Iwaizumi: Hey, were you crying? What's wrong Tooru? Do you want a hug?

*Oikawa shakes his head yes*

*Iwaizumi hugs Oikawa*

Iwaizumi: What's wrong Tooru? I'm all ears if you want to tell me.

*They part and sit on the floor*

Oikawa: Let me tell you a story.

*Iwaizumi, understanding that it's relevant to Oikawa crying*: Ok, I'm listening.

Oikawa: About a boy and a boy, (best friends with each other, but always wished they were more... UGH I LOVE THAT SONG sorry sorry) named Orion and Itoshi. They were bestfriends since childhood. They knew everything about each other. They knew each other's favourite films, books, hobbies, food. Itoshi even learned how to make Orion's favourite food for him. They were inseparable. 

*Iwaizumi, trying to make Oikawa smile*: Ooh~ childhood friends to lovers trope, my favourite. 

*Oikawa, chuckling*: As years passed, Orion started to become more popular. He was getting confessions and gifts left and right. Orion didn't like any of the girls he was getting gifts from, but he liked being the center of affection. So he accepted them. In the second year of middle school, he realised that he didn't like girls like his friends did. Instead, he liked a guy.

Iwaizumi: Please be Itoshi-

Oikawa: Yeah, it was Itoshi. Orion couldn't look him in the eye for a week. He then did some research and found out that guys liking other guys were a thing and he wasn't alone. But he also learned that people didn't like guys liking guys, so he hid it. He continued to hide his crush for Itoshi and received gifts from girls. 

Oikawa: When Itoshi and Orion started high school, they grew closer. Itoshi continued making Orion's favourite food when Orion was feeling sad and Orion fell even deeper for him. They shared everything. However Orion still kept his sexuality and feelings for Itoshi hidden. He wanted to kiss Itoshi and hold hands with him, but he knew that Itoshi didn't like guys, he only liked girls.

Iwaizumi: Noooooo- my ship-

Oikawa: Or so Orion thought... Until one day, in their second year of high school, Itoshi told Orion that he liked both girls and boys. So, Orion told him that he liked boys. Now there was only one secret that wasn't shared between them. And Orion was never going to share it.

Iwaizumi: But he has a chance! He has to tell Itoshi!

Oikawa: When the two became 3rd years, Itoshi got himself a girlfriend. Orion wanted to be happy for Itoshi, he really did, but it hurt so much to see him hold hands with her... His heart ached whenever he looked at them. 

Iwaizumi: Poor Orion...

Oikawa: One day, Orion told their mutual friend about his feelings for Itoshi. The friend was a bit surprised at first, but took it well. However, Itoshi's girlfriend had heard them.

*Iwaizumi, gasping*: Oh no-

*Oikawa, with teary eyes and a sad smile*: She told Orion to go and confess to Itoshi. Orion was surprised, why would she want him to confess? Was it because she knew he didn't have a chance with him? He didn't know. But his girlfriend had said that he wouldn't get a negative response from Itoshi. So why? Orion didn't understand. Yet, he still went over to Itoshi and told them the story of their lives up until that moment, changing his and Itoshi's names.

Iwaizumi: Wait... Are you... Holy shit... Ok... Can I add to the story?

Oikawa: Sure. Go ahead.

Iwaizumi: Ok, so... Itoshi loved Orion too. Orion's love wasn't one sided. Itoshi learned to make Orion's favourite food because he liked seeing his big smile and shining eyes that he only saw  when he was eating it. He didn't know why at the time, but it made his heart flutter.

Oikawa: Are you serious-

Iwaizumi: Then, when Orion got popular in middle school, Itoshi's heart ached but he still didn't get why. Nearing the end of his second year in high school, he did some research about liking both genders and figured out his feelings for Orion. Now he hadn't done much research, so he didn't know about the hate people like him got. His first reaction to figuring out his sexuality was to go over to Orion's and tell him. 

Iwaizumi: When he told Orion about his sexuality, he decided to keep the second part to himself. Then, Orion told him that he didn't like girls, only guys. As time passed, Itoshi realised how he could never get Orion to like him back, so he tried getting over him by getting himself a girlfriend.

Oikawa: No- 

Iwaizumi: She had confessed to Itoshi and he had accepted it. However, on their first date, he had told the girl that he only dated her to get over Orion. It turned out that the girl had a crush on another girl, but didn't want to accept it, so she forced herself to like Itoshi. However, Itoshi still wasn't able to get over Orion. I don't think I'll ever be... Will you be my boyfriend, Tooru?

*Oikawa, his voice barely a whisper*: Yeah.

*They kiss*

Iwaizumi's friend: That was so sweet... I recorded it for you by the way.

Oikawa: Oh- thanks I guess...

Iwaizumi: Yeah... Thank you for everything.

Iwaizumi's friend: No problem, I have a girlfriend now, so I should be the one thanking you.

Iwaizumi: I'm glad things worked out between you two.

Hanamaki: Why don't I get a name? I'm just 'a mutual friend'... But seriously, congrats.

Oikawa: Thanks.