Cold Shoulder

"Mmmh." I mumble as I turn to my side in my sleep, feeling sunlight resting on my face.  I ignore the obvious fact that it's morning, and keep my eyes closed in attempt to sleep off all of my problems.

I sigh contentedly and I slowly drift back asleep, but am brought back into consciousness when I feel an arm reach over my body and rest around me. My eyes jerk open in surprise, looking over to remember that Eros is beside me.

Of course, I think to myself. You stayed the night with him.

I shouldn't be surprised, but a part of me is. I can't believe I'd forgotten about the romantic night we'd had just the night before.

After Eros suggested me taking a rain check with my trip with Apollo, he excitedly pulled me aside to spend "a romantic day with my boyfriend."

In the past day we've been monogamous, he's referred to me as his boyfriend too many times to count. He's just excited, of course. Part of me wishes he wasn't though. I feel almost suffocated with his affection to some extent; perhaps because I'm not used to it. At least, in the way he's expressing his.

He took me on several dates, or "an extended date," as he called it. We went to several restaurants, a theme park, a museum, and a bar before retiring to his house and having some more intimate fun.

It was nice, I've never been pampered like this before. Eros is certainly ecstatic about the two of us, and his energy gives me some.

As I lie in bed next to him, his warmth seeps over me as he mutters in his sleep. The position we're in is slightly uncomfortable, but I don't dare move in fear of waking him up in his comfortable sleep. His mouth tilts slightly upwards as I look at him, almost in an assured smile.

I chuckle lightly to myself and slowly sit up as I fold out of our position and untuck myself from the blankets. I'd like to get up, I realize. Every minute I've been awake and in Eros's bed, I get a little more tense. Moving in my desire to stretch, I stand out of bed and yawn as I extend my arms above my head and look around my room for my clothes.

This time, they're directly next to the bed. Handy, I'm certainly relieved that I don't have to do a living room search this time.

"Hermes, where are you going?" Eros extends his arm towards me from the bed, grabbing ahold of my shirt.

"I- I'm going to head out now," I tell him.

"Why? It's the weekend. You haven't got any classes. Plus, I'd like to spend another day with my boyfriend." He enunciates the last word and I wince.

"I have plans with Circe," I tell him. I'm surprised by how easily the lie comes. "I can't be late."

"Mm, okay." He snuggles back into the blankets and smiles at me. "You really have to go?"

"I do," I smile sympathetically.

He frowns but closes his eyes. "Alright, call me later."

"I will," I assure him.

Grabbing the rest of my stuff, I walk out the door and out of his house, waving goodbye to Mede who is reading a magazine on the couch as I leave.

I sigh and slowly stride towards campus dorms, which fortunately aren't that far from Eros's place. He's surprisingly well-off, probably due to his mom's sponsorship.

I breathe in the morning air, trying to release my stress. I don't really want to be alone, and I'd like a friend to talk to. Maybe I should actually go to Circe's, I think.

Only slightly changing course, I instead walk towards Circe's, hoping she'll be in on a weekend. Fairly unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I knock on her dorm door, and a minute later it opens, Circe showing her tired face as she lets me in.