Shopping

Circe groans in annoyance as she practically drags Daphne out of her giant bed, both of them yelling obscenities as they attempt to get their way.

"Get. Up!" Circe untangles Circe from her blankets and shoves her limp figure.

"That's not as fun as sleeping," Daphne mumbles into her pillow.

"But we're going shopping," Circe persuades.

Daphne perks up for a moment before slumping back down. "Still not as fun as sleeping."

I sigh. "Circe, maybe we should just let her sleep in. It wouldn't kill her to go without us."

"No!" Daphne's voice is shrill. "You will not go without me."

"We will not go without her," Circe firmly stares at me.

I take a step back, throwing my hands in the air. "Just a friendly suggestion. In that case, why don't we wait for her to wake up? It's only nine, we're in no rush."

Circe sighs. "Okay, fine. I'll wait." She steps out of the room, pausing in the doorway to waggle her finger at Daphne. "I give you two hours, tops. You better be ready by then!"

Daphne just snuggles deeper into her bed as we leave the room and shut her bedroom door behind us. Circe and I walk towards the kitchen, Circe turning to make a pot of coffee as we did so.

"I thought you don't drink coffee," I laugh lightly.

"I don't normally," she shrugs. "Only every once in a while. However, I thought you'd like some seeing that I woke you up earlier than needed."

I sigh and collapse onto a chair. "Penance coffee is my favorite."

"Oh don't get too cocky," Circe chastises before plopping down next to me.

While we wait for the hour to pass, Circe and I laugh and discuss Daphne's various odd sleeping patterns over coffee. Circe complains about the workload in her godly ethics class, and I complain about a certain golden god.

"Shut up, you pretend to hate him as if you don't partake in excessive PDA every time you're around each other in public."

"Not true!" I frown and grumpily fold my arms.

"Have you heard from Eros lately?" Circe asks.

I wince. "Not since he punched me in the face."

Circe sighs. "You kind of deserved it, but I didn't expect him to actually hit you."

"Well he did," I say, rapidly trying to change the subject. "It's easier that we don't talk at all anyways."

Circe hums in agreement as Daphne's door slowly creaks open. We turn to face Daphne who defeatedly drags herself towards us, still wrapped up in a blanket.

"If you weren't like this ever since I met you I'd assume you were constant victim to Hypnos," Circe laughs. "You love sleep almost as much as they do."

"Shut up and help me get ready," Daphne huffs.

Circe excitedly stands up and ushers Daphne back into her room, splashing Daphne's face with water before selecting an outfit and getting ready together.

After about an hour, I get impatient. "Hey guys, you about ready?" I knock on the bathroom door.

There's fumbling before Daphne opens the door and straightens her jacket. I stare at the two of them suspiciously as they avert their eyes. Hmm, I won't bother them about this for now, I decide.

"Let's get going," I urge, pulling them out of the bathroom and shoving them towards the door.

"Wait, where are we even going??" Daphne sighs as she locks her apartment door behind us.