Chapter 11 - Gabriel cont. Take Two

I stared at the three dresses hanging in front of me. Three completely different dresses. I reached out and felt the different fabrics in awe. I wavered between nervousness and excitement to try on such gorgeous dresses.

Quickly undressing, I hung my clothes over the side of the vanity and turned to study the red dress. It was beyond anything I ever thought I would get to wear. The dress was a deep red, with a strapless sweetheart neckline. Turning the dress I saw the hooks Gabriel had referred to. They started around the hips and ran the entire length of the back. I undid them and lifted the hanger for the red dress off the hook on the wall and carefully took the clear clothing straps off. Stepping into the dress I pulled it up over my breasts, twisting my arms behind me I tried to get some of the hooks done up. Not being able to see them meant it was impossible to line them up. I looked down at my bra straps. Should I just leave it on? The thought of Gabriel asking me to take it off and the embarrassment of attempting to decided me. I quickly unsnapped it and placed it between my top and skirt.

Holding the dress tightly with my arms pressed against my chest I called out to Gabriel. My voice cracked as soon as I tried to raise it. I huffed in frustration and bustled forward. Creaking the door open I poked my head out.

Nathan's eyes bulged slightly, a magazine sliding off his lap. I realized the view Nathan had would look like I wasn't wearing anything. Gabriel opened his eyes and looked over my reddening face. 'Eyes off,' he chopped Nathan on the back of the head as he walked past.

I shuffled backwards to allow room for him to come in. He looked the dress up and down assessing then raised a finger, gesturing for me to turn around. 'Turn around sweetie.' His business-like tone eased a few of my fears. It was like another day at work for him. I just had to trust him. None of the guys here had ever made my intuition kick in. Even if I wasn't sure of him, I trusted Kota. Kota wouldn't leave me to someone he didn't trust. I hoped.

I turned, exposing my back to him. The air felt cool across my back and goose bumps covered me.

'The fit won't be exact for you but I wanted an indication of the overall look of these dresses. I'm helping out an acquaintance with some undercover options. They'll probably only use one of them but each outfit needs to be completely accessorized.' His fingers deftly started hooking up the back of the dress, drawing it closed. The last one secured, he placed his hands on my shoulders and guided me to the mirror I had been avoiding.

With the sweetheart neckline, it was formfitting through the body until it hit mid thigh, then it spilt into the tucks and folds that made it into a mermaid train. I felt so elegant in it. It was a heady feeling. The fit seemed okay as it skimmed my body. What exactly did Gabriel mean?

As if hearing my thoughts he caught the back of the dress and pulled it slightly tighter, changing the shape of the dress until it seemed to flow smoother, like it was made for me.

Releasing the back of the dress he started softly humming. His fingers traced my forehead and through my hair to the bun I had twisted it into this morning. I stiffened and snapped my eyes to his face in the mirror. He was watching me intently then turned his eyes to my hair, slowly pulling out one hairpin. I breathed in slowly and forced myself to relax.

He slowed and looked back to the mirror. 'Sang, let's play a game. I ask you one question, you answer then ask me one.'

His words caught me off-guard. He wanted to ask me questions? I would have to be so careful in my answers not to give anything away. But this would be the perfect opportunity to find out some more about the business and them without the headache of trying to fit it into a conversation. Permission to be nosy.

I nodded 'Can I go first?'

'Shoot.'

I thought for a moment, 'How long have you worked here for?'