Chapter 29 - Dr. Green

I saw in slow motion as he raised his hand, clenched into a fist, swinging towards my temple. I threw my head back trying to avoid it. It never came. A strong, long fingered hand had caught his fist, holding it still in the air.

'I've already called security, I suggest you don't dig yourself a deeper hole.'

I straightened myself up and stepped out of his reach, taking in the scene.

The thief stood with his arm outstretched, straining to pull it free.

A man stood with his back to me, his hand casually gripping the thief's, watching him closely. He had soft sandy-blonde curls and a lean build, though from the look on the thief's face, his white coat must be concealing some muscles. He must be the visiting consultant or a doctor at the hospital.

There was a tap on the door before it opened wider. Two security guards stood there. 'Is this the man?' The first asked.

The doctor nodded, 'He had stolen a handbag and was about to physically assault a lady. Would you mind...' His voice trailed off, expecting his wishes to be met.

The security guards stepped forward, each grasping an arm and frog-marched him out of the room.

'Now that he's out of the way,' he turned and faced me. His sparkling green eyes dimmed slightly as he took me in. I leaned back, eyeing the door, aware that I was in a confined space with someone I didn't know.

His eyes stopped on the side of my face. What was he looking at? I gingerly lifted my hand and touched it, pulling it away and seeing a smear of red on my fingers. It immediately started to throb, reminding me of the scrape I had had on the corner of the desk. My mind immediately went to Kota and them all. How was I going to explain this? I wasn't required to be attended by a doctor was I? I hadn't had to talk to anyone about the bag snatch which I was happy about, but was I obliged to stay for a little while?

The doctor leaned to the side, pulling open a drawer and tugging out two gloves. He put them on quickly and slowly stepped forward towards me.

'I'm Dr. Green and I'll be your doctor today. You can call me Sean. Now who's my patient?' He patted on the bed set up on the side of the room. I looked at the bed before glancing back at the door. Should I just leave?

I looked back at him. He looked very relaxed, standing off to the side, allowing me plenty of room to pass him without getting too close. He said he was a doctor, he would be able to do a better job than me at patching up the graze. The thought of buying supplies decided me, I'd let him have a look at it then head home.

'I'm Sang, thank you for your help earlier,' I said softly.

'A pleasure Sang, now sit yourself up here and let the expert take a look at your face.' He patted the bed beside him again.

I perched myself on the edge of the bed, raising my chin slightly and looking at the ground. He stepped closer, his gloved fingers touching my chin softly as he looked at my face.

'Hmm... my expert opinion is,' he gently turned my face to the side, 'that you're gorgeous.'

My eyes flew up to meet his and I immediately felt my cheeks flush. I caught my lip between my teeth looking down again, studying the criss-cross pattern in the carpet.

'And I'll just give this a clean and we'll have a closer look at it.'

He rummaged through the drawers for supplies he needed. Tilting my face slightly he began to gently clean my cheek. His touch was feather soft as he worked with quiet efficiency. I kept my eyes down, trying to ignore how close he was to me. I could feel the warmth of his body against my legs, his fingers on my chin holding me still while he cleaned.