Chapter Seven - More Than Meets The Eye.

The next morning I wake up and grope across the bed for Rory but he is gone. I sit up completely bare and sore from last night. He said it would hurt for a first time and he was right but he said it should start feeling better by tomorrow.

I get out of bed and call for him but with no answer. Where had he gone? I wondered as I slipped on some black sweat pants and dark blue hoody. I walk out of my room and through the house seeing no sign of Rory. I called for him a few more times but something was off.
It was six in the morning but I didn't notice what was going on or the time because of my groggy sleepy state. He said that he would've been home on Sunday and that his grandparents had said that they were going to a hotel until then for some alone time. Rory's things weren't there in the corner of my bedroom but in there place was a note and it said

Bryan,
I had a really good time with you last night but I've reached the end of my road... I am suffering very much deep within I am screaming where no one can hear. No one knows of my past and the horrible things that I've done since I was a child and I have many horrible memories that will haunt me until my death. I can no longer handle the relentless struggle between my demons and I... So I'm going to silence them once and for all. I'm sorry
Love Rory.

"NO!" I yell, bounding out of the front door within minutes of reading the note and I have it clenched in my fist. I run at full speed to Rory's house and bang my fists on the front door. When there is no answer, I growl and open the door but it's hooked from the inside. So I decide quickly to kick in the door.

The first few rams of my feet don't break it but after ten tries I break though and run inside. "Rory! Where the hell are you!?" No answer. I panic and open all of the rooms but I find nothing until I get to one door that is locked. "RORY! LET ME IN!"I cry and there is no answer once more, I put my ear to the door and listen and hear water running. I bang not the door several more times and look down to see steam coming from the bottom of the door.

Clearly he turned it on hot but that only helps wi- NO! I kick the door hard with my foot several times but finally give up. I begin to ram my body at the door at full force backing up and charging forward and then the door finally breaks in the center sending wood chunks everywhere.

The sight I see is awful. Rory lays on the floor passed out, blood gushing from deep slits in his wrists. There is a sharp knife at his feet and I see how it was done. I ignore the running water and kneel before Rory and examine his wrists. The vains were punctured for sure judging by the full on flow of deep rich scarlet dripping from them. The cuts are vertical and go all the way down his lower arms and wrists.

I lift his cold and stiff arms up to slow down the blood flow and wind up getting his blood on my face and hair. "Don't worry Rory. I'm gonna get you help... Just stay with me." I say quickly kissing is pale cheek and pulling out my cell phone and dialing 911.

Author's Note.

Okay, let's take a deep breath to drink this all in. This chapter was certainly an eventful one for sure.

What did you think of Rory's suicide attempt? Were you surprised or expecting him to do something so destructive? And was Bryan's reaction well measured?

I love any feedback from you guys. Leaving a vote and or comment means so much. Thank you so much for sticking by me and I'll certainly be working hard at improving my writing.

Until next time.. Stay Strong.