Chapter Four - The Grandparents And The Night Vistor.

I wake up the next morning and stretch. It's Saturday so I won't have to do much today so maybe I'll see if Rory is home. I walk out of my room and into the living room to find my mother passed out on the couch snoring heavily. Oh great looks like someone had a fun time after work at the diner last night.

I go into the kitchen munch on a granola bar and hear a knock at the front door. "Shit!" I gasped surprise, if that woman wakes up then I'm fucked. I dash over quickly to the front door and open it, leaving the screen door shut to see Rory standing there grinning. "Hey." I breathe. "Good morning Bryan. I came by an hour ago but you all didn't answer." He says, rather too loudly for my liking. "Shut up!" I snap at him, quietly opening the screen door and stepping out onto the porch shitting the door quietly and quickly behind me.

Rory gives me a slightly puzzled look with arched eyebrows and concern in his eyes.  "Look, you need to be really quiet in the morning around my house because if you're not then my ma will wake up and I will be in deep shit with her." I say quickly. "Oh, um sorry man." He says apologetically with a sheepish grin. "It's alright, but just keep that in mind next time."

"I came over because I wanted to know if you wanted to come over to my house and hang out for a bit. My grandparents would like to meet you." He says cheerfully. "Sure just give me ten minutes and I'll be right over." "Alright." He says and turning and walking back to his home. I sigh and turn and head back into the house and walk back to my room and pick up a black T shirt and black sweat pants with a scarlet jacket. I take a shower and dress quickly and write my mother a note telling her that I will be back later... Yeah like she'd give a damn but just in case.

I walk to the front door and slip on my socks and black slip on shoes and walk outside. The weather is quite decent for late morning. I head over to Rory's house and walk up the front porch and before I can knock on the front door, Rory answers and gestures for me to come in so I do.

The house is well furnished with two leather chairs and a couch and the walls are painted a deep set blue. I smell something baking as well. Wow this may be the nicest house I've ever been in. An old woman approaches me and extends her hand, beaming at me. "Hello! you must be Bryan. My name is Jessie McDaniel ,but please do call me by my first name." She says warmly and grinning at me sweetly. "Will do Jessie." I say firmly, shaking her hand twice. She walks over and pats a man with hair gray and white as hers on the shoulder.

"This is my husband, Mason McDaniel." The man rises from his chair at the kitchen table and walks over to me and shakes my hand. "Good to meet you." He says in a low gravelly voice. "You too sir." Rory looks from his grandfather to me and gestures for me to follow him down a hallway with four sets of doors. I walk toward him and his grandmother announces that breakfast would be ready in a few minutes and that she'd call us in when it was finished. Rory turn to the second door on the right side of the hallway and opens it and grabs my arms and pulls me in with him.

"This is my room. You like it?" I look around the room and see that it is very wide and is painted a dark grey with a grey carpet and small bed in the right corner of the room match in color. There is a closet with mirrors attached to the doors and a wooden desk and dresser. Rory sits down on his bed and pats the spot right next to me so I walk over and sit down. Across from his bed is an Xbox with two controllers set out. Rory walks over and crouches and turns on the system and then the flat screen attached to his wall. He grabs the controllers and hands one to me sitting back down beside me.

"Have you ever played on one of these before?" He asks. "Nope." I mumble, I wish I could even afford one. So we spend the next few minutes with him teaching me how to play some form of war game with me listening and observing and eventually trying and getting the hang of it quick. "Boys! Breakfast is ready!" Jessie yells in a singsong tone. "Come on." He says and we walk out of his bedroom and into the kitchen.