Chapter Three - Someone Who Understands.

After school is released and the bus drops me off at home I run down the road to the dollar store and pick up some things to hold my ma and me over for a few days. I get home with the groceries in hand and unpack the food into the cabinets and closet. I check my watch and the time reads four forty five. I throw in a quick load of darks into the washer and fold a load of darks and by the time I'm done its five pm. I walk out the front door and look over three houses down to see Rory standing in front of a moving truck.

I stride uncertainly over to him and he smiles. "Hey." "Hey." I said. "So do you want to start off by going to the park or there's the old church." I said anxiously. "Hmm well I honestly don't care about being shown anything considering how I just used the question of you showing me around as a ploy so that I could hang out with you. Though I suppose we can go to the park." He said sweetly. "Uh why do you even want to be around me anyway?" I said embarrassed.. It just didn't make any sense. "Well maybe I think you're cute." He said laughing at my hot red face at his compliment. "Let's go to the park." I muttered "Alright." We walked in silence side by side for a while in silence until we arrived at the park and found a bench to sit on.

"So Bryan why don't you tell me a thing or two about yourself?" He asked, interest flickering in his eyes. "Well there isn't much to tell really that's any of your business." I grumbled, crossing my arms and shutting him out with body language. I hated getting to know new people and just had distaste for people in general. Rory cocked his head and stared at me for a moment as if to take something in with the stare. "You've been through a lot of pain and strife haven't you?" He said quietly, catching me off guard and sending my head into overdrive. Did he see a cut or a bruise or something?

He gave me a knowing smile and nodded "It's okay. I've been through a lot myself and I can understand how it may be hard to talk about with self harm being such a difficult subject." I gasped, HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW! Seeing the look of shock that must have been on my face he cleared his throat "I didn't need you to tell me that you self harm on account of it being obvious to me but it's only obvious if you self harm or have yourself like I have. I saw the symptoms right away... Long sleeves so they won't see... Closed in and aggressive personality which explains why you don't have any friends except for that Joan girl." He said, grinning at the look of shock on my face, "I saw you two walking in the halls earlier today and laughing and that's how I knew that you two were buddies." He finished. I was horrified.. I don't know what quite to think but I have a sudden urge to come clean to him about everything.

He presses a hand to the side of my face and scoots closer to me. My face ablaze I look into those big brown eyes which are quite thoughtful but still hold much pain. "I also know about the gay thing because if you were straight then you probably would be freaked out by now with my touching you. Also the fact that you're blushing is another adorable fact." He chuckled. "So you understand it all huh?" I whispered. "Yes, for the most part. I see very much pain in your eyes and self hate and I can honestly tell that you're not okay." He said, beginning to softly stroke my cheek with his thumb. " I do hurt myself... That is true but I've got my reasons. It makes me feel better." I snap at him, he won't get to me so easy. 

This makes him recoil for a split second, "I know it can help but I want to know why you're hurting on the inside so much that you feel the need to hurt in the outside as well. I know that we've just met and all but you can trust me... I promise that everything here stays just between us and only us." He says thoughtfully. At that I launched into the story of how my mother was abused by Edwin my father and the problems with drugs and alcohol that both of them shared and even the abuse that he set upon my mother and I. I don't go far into detail with everything though. After I tell him that stuff I look into his eyes and there are tears building up.

He wrapped his arms around me suddenly and sighed. "You're so brave, you poor soul." I didn't hug back at first because I'm unsure of what to do considering how I hate being touched for reasons that are obvious but eventually I do and I feel somethings for the first time in my life... Genuine care and acceptance.

Eventually we pulled apart and Rory dabbed his eyes with his shirt sleeve. "I was hit too... By both of my parents. They were alcoholics and very much abusive. Now they are in jail for charges of child cruelty and endangerment, which explains why I live with my grandparents on my mother's side. I cut to feel better too and there are many scars and marks all over my body and in certain that you can say the same." I nodded, and looked down at my shoe with too much fascination. "My mother drinks and smokes... And she beats me." I whispered. Rory nodded took my face in his hands. "I understand and in proud that you've held on for so long... And I'm gay too." He said bashfully, not at all shocking me.

"I've known since I was young that I was." I said and he nodded. "Me too. Just don't tell anyone alright because of my family finds out then they will flip their shit. They are Strict Christian and won't take to kindly to the idea that I have a crush on a boy."He said, frowning. "I won't say a peep. My mom is the same way... You have a crush on someone? Who?" I have an idea but I want to be sure.

He smiles at me his eyes going glassy again and kisses my cheek and then carefully fits his mouth to mine his hands moving to my back and pulling me closer. I wrap an arm around him and press myself to him. After what seems like forever we pull back. "Does that answer your question?" He whispered "Yes." I said. After that we rise and walk the sidewalk back to our street and we get to my door step and hug goodbye.

As he walks away before he's out of sight I look back and smile. That was my first kiss and I loved it. I relax and lay in my bed later that night and for the first time in eleven years drift off to a peaceful uninterrupted sleep.

Author's Note.

This chapter was a bit of a heavy thing to write. What did you guys think of Rory and Bryan's heart to heart? Was it sweet? I know it's kinda cheesy. Was the first kiss to be expected? Bryan and Rory certainly have taken quite the liking to each other already.

Please do give that little start a simple little push if you felt that this chapter deserved it. I love any feedback and interaction with you guys. Thanks a ton for keeping up with the book, it means so much.

Until next time.. Stay Strong.