Chapter Fifteen - First Part Of Epilogue.

Three Years After..

I pack my bags neatly with my assorted clothes and possessions careful to avoid getting them wrinkled. It has been three years since the day that I had decided to give my mother a second chance and try to improve our relationship. She has gone to rehab for her drinking and smoking habits and had me stay with Rory for an entire month, his grandparents were happy to help as long as Rory and I didn't spend too much time alone together. She came back after her thirty days in rehab on the first day of July. My mother was a completely different person from her time in there, she was breathing so much better and had no urges to smoke or drink, she said she felt a lot better off without all of those deadly habits.

I myself am very proud of her even though it's been a long while. It's like that I've finally obtained the relationship that I always desired to have with my mother... A loving and respecting one. She hasn't laid a hand on me in vain since we made amends to one another that day after she found out about my self harm. My mother had even gone back to doing what she loved and worked with clothing design and fitting. As a result of the massive change she was able to obtain insurance and sent me to an out patient group like what Rory had been in for his self harm and depression. I hadn't thought that I needed it but I was surprised how much it helped. I was able to get put on anti depressants, pulls for anxiety, and a sleep aid.

It has been a year as of today that I have thrown out my razors and a self destructive habit. I have scars that have faded and have almost gone away and a  genuine smile that is to be proud of. A few months ago I had received from the school paper work giving information on a study abroad program in Japan for the Summer. I took Japanese as one of the class foreign languages that my school had offered and it was hard but worth it. I applied for the program and got an all expense paid trip and stay there.

I am packing today for my flight that leaves tomorrow at six in the morning. I rise from my bed and clasp my luggage and run it outside and shut it into the trunk of my mother's car. I slam it shut and walk back inside and see my mother with a wide grin on her face. "Tomorrow is a big day son! Are you excited?!" She ask with much joy in her tone of voice. "Yes, I'm very excited. It will be nice to travel around for the summer and then go to the state college." I reply. I had received a full scholarship to Wright State University and I would be attending next fall.

My mother smiled and embraced me in a warm hug. I hugged her back and held tight. She no longer wreaked of alcohol or smoke along with the rest of the house. It was decent and I can't help but feel joyful for it. "I love you." My mother whispered in my ear. "I love you too mom." I said happily. At that moment I heard a loud honk from a car horn from outside. "Rory's here." I said. "Alright son well you have fun with your boyfriend and be back before midnight." She says beaming. My mother found out about Rory after I had finally gathered the courage to come out to her that I was gay. And to my surprise she was happy for me and had been supportive to us ever since. I looked back and nodded as I headed out the door.

I step into Rory's truck and slammed the door shut. "Hey handsome." He compliments, leaning over and kissing my cheek. "Hey Rory." I mumble back to him, a grin forming from ear to ear. "Where are we heading?" I ask him. He had been saying that it was going to be the best date we will ever have and I was dying to know. "You'll see." He snickers, his eyes alight wit glee. With that he pulled out of our driveway and we headed out onto the road.

About two hours later, I'm shaken awake by Rory. I must've fallen asleep I figured and it had been a while considering how it was dark out. We both step out of the car and as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and taking in the scene before me. We are on a grassy hill top over looking a forest of trees. The night sky, clear and the moon and stars shines bright in the night sky. The scene is wondrous and very much breath taking. Rory claps my hand, snapping me out of my daze and making me stare at him. "Come on." He says, as he tugging me to the back of his truck.

I follow him and Rory jumped up into the truck and laid down a quilt and two pillows from a bag in the back of the trunk. He extends a hand for me and I grab carefully, he pulls me up into the trunk with him. After a few minutes of trying to get comfortable we finally settled on a nice position, I rest my head on his chest and Rory has his arms wrapped around me.

"This is beautiful." I whisper to him. "I thought you'd say that. I found this place about month ago after I decided to take a drive. I figured that this would make for a great date spot." He says confidently. "Well you were right." I agree, leaning up and meeting his gaze. Rory and I had been together for three years now and I'm grateful for all of the time that we've spent together. We won't be seeing each other for a while but at least we are going to the same college.

He stared at me deeply and before I knew what was happening he was on top of me and staring into my eyes. "You are so beautiful." He whispers lovingly to me. "As are you.." I reply nervously. He sighs at this and leaning in and pressing his lips to mine, his mouth open, allowing our tongues to soon intertwine. I wrap my legs around his waste and pulled him closer to me earning a god sexy moan from him. "I love you." I breathe. "I love you too." He said in response. After that we made love and I must say that this night was one of the best so far.